• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[solved] contac us mail receiving problem + google apps

arkantuspc

Well,

I was having this problem:

All my osc mail system was working ok, BUT the contact us form.

In fact, I could not receive any message when a "contact us" form was filled. However, the customers could receive "order status notification", I could send e-mails via admin, the "forgotten password" was ok.

Than, after a lot of search I discover that the problem was that I was using GOOGLE APPS as we can see above:

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer...amp;topic=14868

I have a form on my website that emails my account, but it's not working. What's wrong?

If you have a form (using PHP/ASP/etc) on your website that is configured to send a message to your Google Apps email account, but you never receive mail from your website's form, please perform the following tests:

Send a message to your Google Apps email account from a non-Google Apps personal email account.

Modify the form to send mail to your Gmail account, or another non-Google Apps personal email account.

If both tests are successful, this issue is most likely caused by mail delivery settings on your webserver. Because your website and your Google Apps email address share the same domain name, the mail agent running on the server that hosts your website thinks that it is responsible for mail addressed to your domain name. This is a typical default setting.

When someone submits the form on your website, the mail agent recognizes your domain name and concludes that it should be sending mail to itself. The mail agent will attempt to deliver the message locally.

To resolve this issue, notify the mail agent running on the server that hosts your website that it is not also responsible for handling mail for your domain. Contact your web host for specific instructions. If you host your own website, contact the support team for your mail server software.

Well, how to solve this problem?

Here I found the solution: https://support.steadfast.net/index.php?_m=...=51&nav=0,1

This process will remove all existing mailboxes and email you may have created or received via our mail server! Before you do this, be sure to download or back up any such email.

Click on Domains.

If you have more than one domain, click on the name of the domain (example.com) you want to modify. If you do not have more than one domain, go to the next step.

Next to "Mail Service" you will see an "ON" icon. Click on this icon to disable the local mail service for the domain. Confirm your intention when prompted. This will prevent our local mail system from "stealing" mail destined for your domain when you sent it from scripts on your web site.

Just go to your host and disable your webmail service.

Now, all ok.

ps: sorry my english

Archived