• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manufacturers Dropdown Anywhere

olsonsp4c

This is the support forum for the Manufacturers Dropdown Anywhere addon: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6436

Places a manufacturers dropdown menu almost anywhere you desire.

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

This is the support forum for the Manufacturers Dropdown Anywhere addon: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6436

Places a manufacturers dropdown menu almost anywhere you desire.

Scott

Scott

Will this duplicate the manufacturers dropdown menu, in the catalogue side & in the admin side, ie when I create a new product it will give me the same there?

I want it to say "Shop by Theme" instead of manufacturers & have the themes instead of manufacturers names. BUT I do not want to replace the Manufacturers just create the same facility again.

If so great...I would also need the existing products to show a default so I can then go in & allocate any suitable ones to the different themes.

Here's hoping...

Julie

Edited by warrenerjm

Scott

Will this duplicate the manufacturers dropdown menu, in the catalogue side & in the admin side, ie when I create a new product it will give me the same there?

I want it to say "Shop by Theme" instead of manufacturers & have the themes instead of manufacturers names. BUT I do not want to replace the Manufacturers just create the same facility again.

If so great...I would also need the existing products to show a default so I can then go in & allocate any suitable ones to the different themes.

Here's hoping...

Julie

It exactly duplicates the dropdown in the Manufacturers InfoBox; however, without the infobox, just the dropdown. Does this make sense?

Scott

It exactly duplicates the dropdown in the Manufacturers InfoBox; however, without the infobox, just the dropdown. Does this make sense?

Scott

Yes thanks Scott

So a new infobox would be needed, but it doesn't sound like it would appear in the new product admin page?

If I knew all the steps for a complete manufacturers box, dropdown, search etc then I could duplicate it all but with a new names as happens when you want a new page.

Julie x

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Scott,

This would be just what I was looking for if I could get it to work.

Ok, let me explain...

I tried implementing it in a file (product_list.php) on the admin side and not the catalog side. :rolleyes:

I uploaded manufacturers_anywhere.php to the admin folder.

Inserted the bunch of code to admin/includes/classes/boxes.php.

Added the code to admin/includes/stylesheet.php.

Inserted this - <?php include('manufacturers_anywhere.php'); ?> where I wanted it in admin/product_list.php.

When I loaded the product_list.php page in my browser, all looked great (well the first manufacturers name was displayed, maybe that's normal but it was inactive) and all my products where displayed.

Trouble started when I clicked on another manufacturer. I received a 404 error with this in the URL address bar -

http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/admin/http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/admin/index.php?get

So I thought maybe I needed to define the filename, so I added this -

define('FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS_ANYWHERE', 'manufacturers_anywhere.php');

to admin/includes/filenames.php.

No go, still broken.

Any ideas?

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I'm sorry you all. I could help develop other mods off of my mod, but that would take more time than I actually have to give. For the last request, you'd probably just need to get rid of the dropdown function and just make it a tep_href_link function, but that is a total guess.

on the other request, Dropdown Anywhere only works on the Catalog side - maybe I should rename it "Dropdown Anywhere in the Catalog" or something...

Scott

on the other request, Dropdown Anywhere only works on the Catalog side - maybe I should rename it "Dropdown Anywhere in the Catalog" or something...

Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott.

I looked through the code of the contrib before I tried installing it on the admin side and didn't notice anything that points towards the catalog side. That's why I gave it a try. But I quess there's something pointing it towards the admin, but I can't spot it.

Thanks anyway. ;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Thanks for the reply Scott.

I looked through the code of the contrib before I tried installing it on the admin side and didn't notice anything that points towards the catalog side. That's why I gave it a try. But I quess there's something pointing it towards the admin, but I can't spot it.

Thanks anyway. ;)

your welcome...

• 11 months later...

Hej herr olsen or Hello Mr Olsen,

Message from Stockholm :thumbsup:

I did put your contribution in a so called contact us page named return query for our customers.

Somehow we cant really make any connections from that list to the messages.

Maybe you have any kind of solution.

Below you will a a copy of the code where we made your "possible" link bold and underlined.

Thanks in advance.

SFSA

COPY:

<?php

} else {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$account_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

$account = tep_db_fetch_array($account_query);

$name = $account['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $account['customers_lastname'];

$email = $account['customers_email_address'];

}

?>

<tr><td>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents"><td><table><tr>

<td class="main" valign="top" width=40%><b><?php echo nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS); ?></b><br><br>

<?php echo (OPENING_HOURS); ?><br><br></td>

<td class="main" valign="top" width="60%"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?><br>

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('name'); ?><br />

<?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?><br>

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email'); ?><br />

<?php echo ENTRY_ORDER_ID; ?><br>

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('order_id'); ?><br />

<?php echo ENTRY_INVOICE_NO; ?><br>

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('invoice_no'); ?><br />

<?php echo ENTRY_PRODUCT; ?><br>

<?php include('manufacturers_anywhere.php'); ?><br />

<?php echo ENTRY_ARTICLE_NO; ?><br>

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('article_no'); ?><br />

<?php echo ENTRY_NO_ITEMS; ?><br>

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('no_items'); ?><br />

<?php

if (RETURN_QUERY_LIST !=''){

echo SEND_TO_TEXT . '<br>';

if(SEND_TO_TYPE=='radio'){

foreach(explode("," ,RETURN_QUERY_LIST) as $k => $v) {

if($k==0){

$checked=true;

}else{

$checked=false;

}

echo tep_draw_radio_field('send_to', "$k", $checked). " " .preg_replace('/\<[^*]*/', '', $v);

}

}else{

foreach(explode("," ,RETURN_QUERY_LIST) as $k => $v) {

$send_to_array[] = array('id' => $k, 'text' => preg_replace('/\<[^*]*/', '', $v));

}

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('send_to', $send_to_array);

}

echo('<br>');

}

?>

<?php echo ENTRY_REASON; ?><br>

<select name="reason">

<?php echo '<option value="' . REASONS1 . '">' . REASONS1 . '</option>'; ?>

<?php echo '<option value="' . REASONS2 . '">' . REASONS2 . '</option>'; ?>

<?php echo '<option value="' . REASONS3 . '">' . REASONS3 . '</option>'; ?>

<?php echo '<option value="' . REASONS4 . '">' . REASONS4 . '</option>'; ?>

<?php echo '<option value="' . REASONS5 . '">' . REASONS5 . '</option>'; ?>

<?php echo '<option value="' . REASONS6 . '">' . REASONS6 . '</option>'; ?>

</select><br />

<?php echo ENTRY_ENQUIRY; ?><BR>

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('enquiry, name, email, order_id, manufacturer, article_no, no_items, radio', 'soft', 50, 15, tep_sanitize_string($_POST['enquiry, name, email, order_id, article_no, no_items, radio']), '', false); ?>

<br />

</td></tr></table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<br />

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td></tr>

<?php

}

?>

• 1 year later...

I installed this contribution. It works just as I wanted except the drop down box displays the first manufacturer by default. This prevents a person from being able to select that manufacturer from the list.

How would you modify the code so that the drop down menu displays something like "Select Manufacturer" by default rather than the displaying the first manufacturer?

Edited by DorianJ

-Dorian

• 1 year later...

I installed this contribution. It works just as I wanted except the drop down box displays the first manufacturer by default. This prevents a person from being able to select that manufacturer from the list.

How would you modify the code so that the drop down menu displays something like "Select Manufacturer" by default rather than the displaying the first manufacturer?

in the manufacturer_anywhere.php, find:

// Display a drop-down
$manufacturers_array = array();

insert below:

if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
		$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT);
	  }

• 2 weeks later...