• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can someone help!-Image contribute

I understand how to install and rewrite everything but this section:

You must perform 2 manual alterations:

Insert a new column into the products table - products_bimage.

where can I find this?

(if you are using phpMyAdmin 2.2.3 you can simply paste the following into the SQL query window

- presuming that your database is 'catalog')

################################################################################

########################

### If anyone wants to give me the easy way to add all of these please send it to me. ###

### This is just the way I did it. ###

### #################################### ###

################################## ONLY DO THIS ONE LINE AT A TIME ####################################

#################################### #

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_subimage1` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_bimage` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bsubimage1` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage1` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_subimage2` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_bsubimage1` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bsubimage2` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage2` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_subimage3` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_bsubimage2` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bsubimage3` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage3` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_subimage4` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_bsubimage3` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bsubimage4` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage4` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_subimage5` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_bsubimage4` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bsubimage5` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage5` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_subimage6` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_bsubimage5` #

#

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bsubimage6` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_subimage6` #

#

################################## ONLY DO THIS ONE LINE AT A TIME ####################################

I do not have a catalog folder, my .php's are in public_html. so how would I reword that and where would I put it?

Thanks in advance for all the help. Trying to make thumbnails because the admin only resizes your pics and would take my customers forever to load the pages.

This is not in your directory dtructure it it in your database. You do this in phpmyadmin - the program most people here use to manage the database. Most shared servers have this program set up. If you are setting it up locally it is a free download.

hth

thanks, I am on a shared server but I don't see anywhere this program is. I know I sound stupid here and I probably am...I did download it but have no idea how to install it so guess I'll start trying to read more.

If I don't have this program is there another way I can insert the required info?

:?:

Script says to do this:Insert a new column into the products table - products_bimage.

(if you are using phpMyAdmin 2.2.3 you can simply paste the following into the SQL query window

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`

- presuming that your database is 'catalog')

but when I try to add the above items to my products column using that myadminphp program I get the following error:

Error

SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR( 64 ) AFTER `products_image`

MySQL said:

Table 'catalog.products' doesn't exist

Can someone help, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

That ALTER statement is specifying a MySQL database called catalog ... mine is called webmaker_store so I would need to edit that statement to reflect that or remove the reference to the MySQL database name ...

Change:

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR( 64 ) AFTER `products_image`

To:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR( 64 ) AFTER `products_image`

It worked! Thanks.

Now I got another question. I have htaccess password protect on the directory ( phpmyadmin) but when I lo9g in I get the database page that looks normal but near the bottom I get this message written in red:

The $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] directive MUST be set in your configuration file!

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole.

HOW DO I FIX THIS?

this is not an osc problem but a Mysql / phpMyadmin bad configuration

change

Modify le fichier config.inc.php

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://www.exemple.com/phpmyadmin

contact your host company or read the faq they have, must have some info about this...

Ok that corrected one part but I still get the following:

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole

How do I correct this?