• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal Error

daintyd

I really need some help with this, cos I cannot access my admin any more. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 157

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 157

I really need some help with this, cos I cannot access my admin any more. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 157

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 157

Looks like a problem with your language settings.

Check in the database Localization->Languages that you've set up the correct default language (presumably it reads "English (default)" with a code of "en".

If this isn't set up then set it.

Otherwise, you're going to have to look at how $language gets set prior to line 157 in admin/includes/application_top.php, because it's currently set to be empty whereas presumably $languages should aready be set to your default language (presumably 'english'). You could also look around lines 120-130 as to how it gets set.

i've seen this happen a few times. it's caused because you have a session variable (called 'language') defined, but it has no value. setting the $language variable to some default value seems to fix it.

you can fix it two ways.

1) a permanent fix: in admin/includes/application_top.php, around line 112 you see:

// set the language

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

change it to:

// set the language

$language='english';

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

if english is not your default language, set it to whatever you want your default language to be.

2) a quick temporary fix: add a '?language=english' to your url. so instead of going to domain.com/admin/index.php use domain.com/admin/index.php?language=english

i hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i have an error on the page admin/login.ph :

Warning: require(includes/languages/romanian.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 157

Warning: require(includes/languages/romanian.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 157

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/romanian.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 157

The file includes/languages/romanian.php exists.

Can anyone say me why this is happening?

Tahank you!

problem solved

the problem was that the catalog had the translation in romanian. The admin part hadn't... and for chages i worked on public_html/includes/application_top.php and not on public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php ...

I changed the default language in public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php to be english and it worked great.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...
i've seen this happen a few times. it's caused because you have a session variable (called 'language') defined, but it has no value. setting the $language variable to some default value seems to fix it.

you can fix it two ways.

1) a permanent fix: in admin/includes/application_top.php, around line 112 you see:

// set the language

change it to:

// set the language

$language='english';

if english is not your default language, set it to whatever you want your default language to be.

2) a quick temporary fix: add a '?language=english' to your url. so instead of going to domain.com/admin/index.php use domain.com/admin/index.php?language=english

i hope that helps.

Thank you! You sorted mine as well!

Archived