[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

• Please log in to reply
2135 replies to this topic

#41   vtec

vtec
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 22:43

did you add the tables to your sql database using phpmyadmin?

#42   Rucas

Rucas
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 23:44

well i used another program to execute the SQL, but yes.

#43   monares

monares
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 01:35

:cry: I have 1 week trying to fix these error, appears on the catalog when i try to see some product

[img]http://www.copper13sinks.com/ossnap.jpg[/img]
im using oscommerce 2.2

tanks a lot for your help

#44   sloughwi

sloughwi
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 15:00

This is what I noticed. If I go into the product and just click add to cart I get the "product not in stock" error. Notice in the cart that the attribute is not listed below the item. The radio button was selected but it doen't register.

Now if I go into the product and click a different attribute and then click the top attribute again.. THEN add it to the cart.. all is good.

So the problem is with that top radio button..

If anyone has a fix I would love to hear from you.

The ksort() error was being generated by the radio button 'looking like' it was checked, but the script not seeing any buttons checked. Joe's fix just let the customer see that the radio button was not checked, but it still allows for null attributes if the customer forgets to select something.
This patch adds a javascript check to ensure that a radio button has been selected before moving on:
http://www.msu.edu/~...roduct_info.php
You might have to right-click and choose "save file as"
Hope this helps!
:wink:

Also: Joe, I think you should update the order process so that the quantities under product_stock are updated and not just the quantities under products. Not vital, just a suggestion.
Another nice feature would be drop down boxes for each attribute instead of radio buttons. That would require a bit of work, but would make the order process look nicer.

#45   sloughwi

sloughwi
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:23

Correction: ksort() error was NOT being caused by the reason above. The above error was causing the script to show 'no attributes' when there shoudl always be some.

ksort() error is being caused by a NULL array getting sent to a stock level function.

Here's a fix:
Put this in catalogincludesmodules

http://www.msu.edu/~...der_details.php

right click then save as...

hopefully that will do the trick! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#46   msweehoo

msweehoo
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 19:21

Correction: ksort() error was NOT being caused by the reason above. The above error was causing the script to show 'no attributes' when there shoudl always be some.

ksort() error is being caused by a NULL array getting sent to a stock level function.

Here's a fix:
Put this in catalogincludesmodules

http://www.msu.edu/~...der_details.php

right click then save as...

hopefully that will do the trick! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Paul, sorry I'm new .. and slow :? hehe.. I just want to make sure I have this right... The first fix you posted is just to make sure that an atribute is selected..

Does the second fix mean that I wouldn't have to include an attribute on every item? What I have been doing to avoid the errors is adding each item with a product attribute and then adding the stock to that attribute. So for instance.. I have a blue widget.. thats all I have. I list it as a blue widget and then add the attribute "blue". Then I stock the item so it shows 12 "blue". When a customer places the item into the shopping cart and does not select "blue" they now get a out of stock message and are instructed to go back and choose a color or size.

If I just add the item "blue widget" and show stock in the "stock" box..and do not add the attribute "blue" and add stock to the "blue" attribute THEN I get that ksort error.

I hope that makes sense.. I don't want try and install something that I'm not sure how it works /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks!

#47   sloughwi

sloughwi
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 19:36

Yes you are right.

The first fix give a pop up box saying "you must select an option" when there are attributes to choose from and the customer has not choosen one.
The second fix stops the ksort() error that appear when someone puts an item with no attributes into a their cart. This second fix would do away with the need to have attributes on every item.

So lets say a customer is buying a 'thingy' and a 'widget'. There are no attributes for the 'thingy' but the customer can get a red or blue 'widget'. Before fix one, the customer could have added the widget to his cart w/o selecting an attribute, which would have given an out of stock error. Fix 1 stops that and forces the customer to select blue or red for the 'widget'.
Before fix 2 the customer could have selected the 'thingy' and put it in his cart, but as soon as he viewed his cart he would get a 'ksort()' error. Fix 2 fixes the ksort() bug. After applying fix 2, you no longer need to give every item attributes.
The customer adds a blue 'widget' and a 'thingy' to his cart and off he goes /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Make sure you back-up your old files before trying these new ones. If they dont' work for some reason, you can just put the backups into action again.

Please let me know if there are any problems! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#48   msweehoo

msweehoo
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 22:55

Thanks Paul! I just got it working and I love it! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#49   Danno~

Danno~
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 08:26

The link on page 1 of this thread no longer works, and I am looking for this EXACT SOLUTION, and am desperate to find a complete answer. It seems as if everyone who has it says it works great.

I am selling paintings and want to have different sizes of the same painting available. So that when the 20x24's sell out, we can still have the option of the 8x10's there. And to have manage the quantity available with each option is exactly what I am needing.

Any help is much appriciated. If someone could even post the files that were once on the "http://www.vary.net/qtpro" site (it is not up anymore). Or if someone could email me the .zip file, or the extracted files, or ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Thank You so much guys,
Danno~

#50   wwwclaes

wwwclaes
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 18:25

The link on page 1 of this thread no longer works, and I am looking for this EXACT SOLUTION, and am desperate to find a complete answer. It seems as if everyone who has it says it works great.

I am also curious about this contribution. I've experimented with QTPro 2.0 for some time now, but have yet not managed to make good use of it. Is someone developing new features to this addition or is there some other ongoing effort to enable separate quantities for separate product attributes, hereby referred to as "attribute quantities"? (An earlier post from Joe mentioned handing over to Linda McGrath...)

It appears to me that the "attribute quantities" are not automatically updated when a product is sold. Have I misunderstood anything here or isn't that a showstopper for an addition such as this one?
What is the use of separate "attribute quantities" if they don't get updated?

I may be able to contribute, but I need to know the status first.

Thank you for your feedback,
Claes

BTW: Danno, if you are still looking for the QTPro download, send me an email.

#51   vtec

vtec
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 00:01

i have gotten some test items in the db and quantities for their attributes and i am getting the same result as wwwclaes, the stock does not adjust to it being sold. i peeked at the table products_attributes and there is no cell(for lack of better term) denoting quantity. is someone still working on this contribution still or should those of us wanting to use this seek other coders and pay them? this is a great contrib and i'd hate to see it die.

#52   freerangemum

freerangemum
  • Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 23:49

Has anyone managed to get this working properly, i.e. no errors produced & stock deducted from each individual attribute? I've managed the first part, but the second bit is proving tricky. :?
I've had 3 children.........how hard can this be???

#53   marklbishop

marklbishop
  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 19:18

I am really interested in this script but from all the posts that I've read, I'm not clear if it is fully working at this point. And if it will work with a version of MS2. Does anyone have the latest information on this script? Thanks. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#54   freerangemum

freerangemum
  • Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 21:33

Hi Mark,
A few days ago I uploaded a new version to the contributions section which contains fixes from the forums & is rewritten as code to add to your existing files, rather than files to upload & replace your existing files with. This means you can fit it round any existing contributions you have added.

I'm not aware of anyone who has successfully integrated it into MS2. Personally, I'm using it with loaded5, so if you haven't made too many changes to your store, I'd consider using that.

Finally I should mention that its not perfect - one 'feature' that I'm aware of is that if you update any of the product details in admin it resets the stock levels to 0.

hth

#55   marklbishop

marklbishop
  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 21:50

Thanks. I'll take a look at it. Could you point me to the contribution that you uploaded? Thanks.

Mark

#56   freerangemum

freerangemum
  • Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 22:25

no problem - http://www.oscommerc...ntributions,888

#57   marklbishop

marklbishop
  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:18

THanks! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#58   sandri2003

sandri2003
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:23

Does QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional works with osCommerce 2.2-CVS?

Anybody have this contrinuition workin with osCommerce 2.2-CVS?

Thanks

#59   iiinetworks

iiinetworks
  • Members
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 03:52

Which CVS? There's a new one every day. Going back about a year.

Cheers,
Matt

#60   nidotech

nidotech
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 11:08

I am still waiting for QTPRO version that can work with 2.2 MS.