• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do you do in your spare time?

CC

I know it is a strange heading, and I am sure many of you are like me, and get sod all spare time.

But hey, lets reminisce...

We have have had a post to introduce yourself and tell where your from, but as this is a our kick back area, lets make some Chit Chat!

What do you do with the spare time you get?

Eat, Sleep, Drink, Party, Walk, Walk the Dog... (If your more into adult natured recreation, just try and keep it clean, this is a family place you know! :wink: )

Go on you know you wanna tell.

Me! - I sit and game online most of the spare time I get.

Try and play as Pro as poss. Counter Strike all the way.

I am a true square eye'd geek!

So c'mon, make some idle chat, what do you do?

CC.

Well, out of 37,752 posts in the new forum, just 0.87% are to do with legal issues so we can guess something about the nature of a typical OS Commerce Postee...

And as 26.8% of all posts have been made by the top 20 Posters, they clearly cannot have any spare time :wink:

As for me, I count the number of posts in my spare time .... that is when I am not making human sacrifices to the God of Poverty ... :twisted:

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

Ian - You DO have too much time on your hands!! :lol:

Where do those stats come from then?

Just out of interest...

And as 26.8% of all posts have been made by the top 20 Posters, they clearly cannot have any spare time  

Hmmm...

There might be something to that.

Or are you hinting for some of us to shut up mate? :wink:

CC.

Or are you hinting for some of us to shut up mate?

I have been fully trained by my girlfriend to remain quiet, speak when I am spoken to and never tell anyone to shut up. Or was that meant to be just her I wonder?

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

actually this is what I do in my spare time (OSC)...

I am a full time music business student at a university here...

I also play guitar/drums and do some songwriting when in the mood. I'm also in the middle of writing a movie and album on this idea I have (can't say just yet :wink: )...

and I work on my OSC site in my spare time... its almost done now, then its just a matter of getting my business wholesale/reseller certificate and getting the site spidered... then I'll be processing orders in my spare time (hopefully).

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

My main passion, right now, is Woodworking. My interest include, mountain biking, computers, web design, and now learning about OSC, PHP and mySQL.

I can't devote much time to any of them right now, my wife and I just sold our house and getting ready to move, twice! The reason I say twice is because, our new place won't be ready till May, so we have to move into a tmp place for now. :( I hate the fact that they can't start on our new house till our old place closes, but when you sell it then you have to move out. I don't want to move twice, but I haven't a choice right now. Luckly my parents have a empty house for us to use till they have our place done. No fun.

Steve

-------------------------

Steve

You have exactly the same issue as me!

Spooky.

I sold my house 2 months ago, but ours isnt ready until June!

So it looks as though we will be moving into my good lady's parents house for a few months. :(

Their house is huge, which helps, but it is still the inlaws tho init!

Lets just hope I can cope.

Main problem is I wont have broadband for 3 months, as they do not have the net at their house!!!!!!

I will be going from 1mb to 56k if I am lucky enuff to even get on.

pffff, the things we do for those we love.

CC.

Spooky :shock:

My wife isn't looing forward to moving into this house. It was my grandparents house, they have both passed. Plus it is next door to my mom's house, forturnatly we will be able to get cable there too, so I won't lose my broadband. No, I am not gloting.

Well, good luck on your new home. I hope it is your dream home.

Steve

Steve

-------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm..what do i do ??

I'm a network engineer, work with cisco/motorla routers all day.

Right now, my wife is due with our 2nd child in June, and we're waiting for our home to be built. We're *hoping* it will be done by the end of April...but i see delays already in place. :(

By night, i'm just a regular dad -hanging with the family, working on the OSC shops, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

hello everybody..

i'm from argentina.. (that's the reason of my excellent english)

i'm in the 2nd year of industrial engineer at the university.. spare time? soccer, basketball, radio control cars (it's difficult to do this hobby now because of the economical problems in argentina and the relation between the dolar and our peso.. a dollar is about 3,2 pesos..)

also i play many online games.. counter, quake... and at the moment my time is spent at the river (hey i'm on vacation!!!) and with my future site.. i hope some of you buy something..

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

Archived