Photo
- - - - -

Chris, Ian! Bob's Your Uncle!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41   Ian

Ian
  • Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 23:22

Chris,

Just want to say I like your site too, some people have a downer on black backgrounds. But I think they suit certain types of sites.

Unfortunately I never play computer games. /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Strangely the first programs I ever wrote were games. I've just never come accross anything which relly reproduces palying D&D with a group of friends. Then I may be a bit out of date.
Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

#42   Ian

Ian
  • Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 23:23

Missing Kim's spellchecker /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

#43   toolcrazy

toolcrazy
  • Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 00:39

WW
Your forum idea is cool, but there is one problem. I'm on 600x800 on a 14" screen, at work, and part of the iframe doesn't show up. I'm prob one of the few that still on a outdated machine. But, I thought you should know. It is prob not a problem, considering your customers are gamers and will have the latest stuff. And your main forum page take a bit of time to load. I'm also 56k at work. Oopps I just notice I'm only running 31200. Damn AT&T modems, sometimes I get 52k and others I get 31200. I WANT MY BROADBAND AT WORK!!!!!! :onfire:
Steve
-------------------------

#44   CC

CC
  • Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 02:15

If you wanna get people to use your forums more, just create a competition.

We run them all the time when we want to get new visitors and get a new forum rolling.

Just do something like when you hit 500, anyone with 40 posts or more is entered into a draw to win......... (whatever it is you want to give away)

This will gain you loads of posts, loads of new visitors, and you wont believe the amount of people that will come along to post when they see this.

The bigger you want the forum to be, the bigger you should make the prize.
For instance, giving away one game aint that great.
So you couldnt expect 500 user limit and 40 posts, cos that is asking alot for the prize of 1 game.
But say you wanted to giveaway a PC, then your talking 1500 users, with 50 posts to each name.
It depends on your budget, and just how popular you want your forums to be.

We are just about to launch one at CaseTech. Win a set of Creative speakers for 300 user & 40 posts. Cost 50 speakers + we pay shipping fee upto 10.

I'm sure you get the idea by now.

And trust me it works!

And dont forget that thse new forum users are also potential customers, so the cash should come in faster too.

CC.

#45   BirdBrain

BirdBrain
  • Members
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 02:21

CC,

Would you summarize and reword your post and send it to the new thread on promotions?
Kim
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#46   CC

CC
  • Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 14:15

Kim I would love to, but I'll just repost it. :wink:

I have never been any good at summerising, and the missus is on my back to go out shopping now. /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

= Easy come, easy go! :roll:

CC.

#47   BirdBrain

BirdBrain
  • Members
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 16:28

Thanks CC!
Kim
~~~~~~~~~~~~~