• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Chris, Ian! Bob's Your Uncle!

All well if this is a party, then I may as well enjoy myself.

Where's the beer? :shock:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

BTW, speaking of party, what do you guys thing of the forum I have in an iframe for my shop?

http://www.wizardsandwars.com/forums2

Me and a couple others are working on an integrated username/password system so when a user create an account or login into the shop, they are automatically registered in the forum, and logged in.

For now, though, you don't have to register to post.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Oh nice one Chris......Invite me to a party and then lock the doors???

:cry: :cry: :cry:

We're sorry, Wizards and Wars is currently unavailable. Please try back in a few minutes.

Damn,

Thats not the right one either.

try this

http://www.wizardsandwars.com/board.php

Hmmn.

I'm kinda surprised you got that error message. That one's only supposed to come up if the server goes down, which it hasn't. :(

That's even worse!!! You sent me to the wrong house!

I can't help but laugh. I think that my fingers are telling me that it's time to go home.

Besides, you'd be the first one I'd let into my party. :wink: :wink:

Yeah, now I just have to learn how to market a forum.

Party's kinda dead right now. I thought I had a cool ideas, though.

I put all of my "Shipping" and "Pricacy" info links into posts on the forum, so people can post questions or suggestions. It also gives some exsposure to some of the traffic I have.

Also, the "Quick Poll" is actually a poll in the forum, so if you "view results" or "vote" you are directed to the forum, with a "Continue shopping" button at the top. This was alot of work (for me anyways. its not SQL)

Finally I added a "more news" link in the scrolling news box, that will direct you to one of the forums.

I'm sure that it will change as time goes on.....look how long it took OSC to hit it's milestones.

The only thing I can think of would be some kind of contest...a hidden phrase or count the number of posts or something...I don't know but, if I think of something else I'll holler.

Yeah, I was thinking about a contest for the best review of a game.

The winner would win a free game for that month. However, I'd need to be able to have the "Revviews" section actually tied into the forums as well.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. :lol: :wink:

Done!

On another note......I wish there was a spell checker here.....What the Heck is protion??? I'm glad you knew what I was trying to say... :lol: :lol:

Chris,

Just want to say I like your site too, some people have a downer on black backgrounds. But I think they suit certain types of sites.

Unfortunately I never play computer games. :(

Strangely the first programs I ever wrote were games. I've just never come accross anything which relly reproduces palying D&D with a group of friends. Then I may be a bit out of date.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

WW

Your forum idea is cool, but there is one problem. I'm on 600x800 on a 14" screen, at work, and part of the iframe doesn't show up. I'm prob one of the few that still on a outdated machine. But, I thought you should know. It is prob not a problem, considering your customers are gamers and will have the latest stuff. And your main forum page take a bit of time to load. I'm also 56k at work. Oopps I just notice I'm only running 31200. Damn AT&T modems, sometimes I get 52k and others I get 31200. I WANT MY BROADBAND AT WORK!!!!!! :onfire:

Steve

-------------------------

If you wanna get people to use your forums more, just create a competition.

We run them all the time when we want to get new visitors and get a new forum rolling.

Just do something like when you hit 500, anyone with 40 posts or more is entered into a draw to win......... (whatever it is you want to give away)

This will gain you loads of posts, loads of new visitors, and you wont believe the amount of people that will come along to post when they see this.

The bigger you want the forum to be, the bigger you should make the prize.

For instance, giving away one game aint that great.

So you couldnt expect 500 user limit and 40 posts, cos that is asking alot for the prize of 1 game.

But say you wanted to giveaway a PC, then your talking 1500 users, with 50 posts to each name.

It depends on your budget, and just how popular you want your forums to be.

We are just about to launch one at CaseTech. Win a set of Creative speakers for 300 user & 40 posts. Cost ?50 speakers + we pay shipping fee upto ?10.

I'm sure you get the idea by now.

And trust me it works!

And dont forget that thse new forum users are also potential customers, so the cash should come in faster too.

CC.

Kim I would love to, but I'll just repost it. :wink:

I have never been any good at summerising, and the missus is on my back to go out shopping now. :(

????? = Easy come, easy go! :roll:

CC.

Archived