• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where do I start? lol. I'm using dream weaver to make A WebSite. I need A cart. im using gtbill.com as My pay gateWay.

MR SHARP

Download the osc package.

Read the documentation included with it

Read the first 2 threads in the installation forum.

Find the knowledge base on this site (can't hand it all to you on a plate) and have a quick scan.

Search through the contributions to see if OSC can be enhance fairly easily to meet your requirements.

Decide if osc is for you.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Download the osc package.

Read the documentation included with it

Read the first 2 threads in the installation forum.

Find the knowledge base on this site (can't hand it all to you on a plate) and have a quick scan.

Search through the contributions to see if OSC can be enhance fairly easily to meet your requirements.

Decide if osc is for you.

Thanks Bro

I'm using dream weaver to make A WebSite.

Don't use dreamweaver to edit php files it's crap. There's a load of good free PHP editors out there (and some great paid ones).

TBH "I'm using dream weaver to make A WebSite" is the wrong way to approach oscommerce. This is a powerful free website AND shop. You will need to modify oscommerce style not create something in dreamweaver land.

Thanks Bro

Next step, go find STS (Simple Template System) in the contribs, by Bill Kellum. This is the best add-on to give you complete control of the "look & feel" of the shop, without spending days & weeks/months learning all the ins-and-outs of the php modules & code tricks. Then you can do layouts to your hearts content in DreamWeaver or any any other HTML editor that are fully functional and compatible with the osCommerce software.