• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Froogle output from EasyPopulate_v2.41beta5

mugitty

My apologies if I've missed the answer to this somewhere else...

I just installed EasyPopulate_v2.41beta5 and ran a Froogle output.

I am getting links such as

http://farmex.now.tc/catalog/product_info..../products_id/32

which results in a "Product not found".

Has anyone else encountered this or did I miss an instruction somewhere?

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

With search engine safe URL turned on, the links are fine, now I have another problem...

when I try to checkout (or sign in from the sign in box) as soon as I click to login, I get the standard security warning about moving to a non-secure site, I get returned to the main page (with a session ID now showing in the browser bar) and I can not get into the checkout area

I believe that the only thing I changed since last trying a test order was the EasyPopulate mod (but I could be mistaken - I could have been messing with SID killer and login box mods as well as define mainpage)

I am using the snapshot from 12-13-02 (with many modifications)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

With search engine safe URL turned on, the links are fine, now I have another problem...

when I try to checkout (or sign in from the sign in box) as soon as I click to login, I get the standard security warning about moving to a non-secure site, I get returned to the main page (with a session ID now showing in the browser bar) and I can not get into the checkout area

I believe that the only thing I changed since last trying a test order was the EasyPopulate mod (but I could be mistaken - I could have been messing with SID killer and login box mods as well as define mainpage)

I am using the snapshot from 12-13-02 (with many modifications)

EasyPopulate is a very non-intrusive contrib. It only inserts and selects data from these tables: Products, Products_to_categories, products_description, manufacturers, and categories. I'd look at the login, then mainpage.

Tim;

Yes, I found that what was preventing the login was something in a SID killer, so now I'm back to having SIDs on all my links. (absolutely no slam intended to EasyPopulate - it's a GREAT mod and I really appreciate all of your efforts) :wink:

Do search engine friendly URLs have to be set to 'true' in admin for the Froogle output from EasyPopulate to result in links that will actually bring up the product pages? I don't recall seeing that in the instructions???

Tim;

Yes, I found that what was preventing the login was something in a SID killer, so now I'm back to having SIDs on all my links. (absolutely no slam intended to EasyPopulate - it's a GREAT mod and I really appreciate all of your efforts)  :wink:  

Do search engine friendly URLs have to be set to 'true' in admin for the Froogle output from EasyPopulate to result in links that will actually bring up the product pages? I don't recall seeing that in the instructions???

There's an if statement in EP that should check SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS and if it's true, it will create the urls with slashes instead of the ? and = signs.

Apparently that's not detecthing things properly for some reason. In the mean time, you can change the code around line 377 from this

if (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS){

to this

if (false){

And then you'll get the normal OSC urls.

Tim

Tim;

Once again, you have proven that you're THE MAN!

I now have Froogle output with links like this:

http://farmex.now.tc/catalog/product_info....?products_id=32

and somehow, the SIDs have disappeared again, except when I add something to the cart and go to checkout :roll: