• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manual Order Maker

lildog

my best advice is to either re-upload the create_order.php OR VERY carefully check to make sure all the lines above the require on line 5? are correct....make sure the comment tags are intact and the opening php tag is there. That error comes about alot of times because of a very minor error like forgetting a semi colon at line's end somewhere near the error

lildog

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my best advice is to either re-upload the create_order.php OR VERY carefully check to make sure all the lines above the require on line 5? are correct....make sure the comment tags are intact and the opening php tag is there. That error comes about alot of times because of a very minor error like forgetting a semi colon at line's end somewhere near the error

lildog

oops this has already been addressed...thanks coopco

Uh.. I hate to ask this but where do we stand with thtis contrib....everything good? MOST bugs worked out? I have WAY too many projects going and don't want to leave this contrib half useable.

lildog

Uh.. I hate to ask this but where do we stand with thtis contrib....everything good? MOST bugs worked out? I have WAY too many projects going and don't want to leave this contrib half useable.

lildog

Well, it works for me, but it is often hard to get an affirmative response from anyone.

Hi, I just found this forum. Good stuff.

I was hoping someone could help me with this contribution.

Every time I attempt to add a new product and press "submit" on the popup window, it logs me out of oscommerce. Although the product does get added, it is annoying to have to log in every time.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

This is a weird one sorry.

I installed admin access rights on my site yesterday and although I've since uninstalled it, it has caused a conflict with the manual order maker.

When I first went to login the with the admin access contrbution my email address was already completed with my personal one [email protected]. I didn't really think anything about it and proceeded to login with the details provided in the install.

I have since uninstalled that contribution for one reason or another overwriting all the files with me existing ones.

Whilst working on the site today I have found that if I create a new customer or create an order for an existing customer their email address is already completed with my one, [email protected] even if the customer already has an email address in the system.

I should add that when editing a customer through the standard osc page their correct email appears, the incorrect one only appears on the create account page or the create order page

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Dave

Edited by stubbsy

Hi there,

This is a weird one sorry.

I installed admin access rights on my site yesterday and although I've since uninstalled it, it has caused a conflict with the manual order maker.

When I first went to login the with the admin access contrbution my email address was already completed with my personal one [email protected]. I didn't really think anything about it and proceeded to login with the details provided in the install.

I have since uninstalled that contribution for one reason or another overwriting all the files with me existing ones.

Whilst working on the site today I have found that if I create a new customer or create an order for an existing customer their email address is already completed with my one, [email protected] even if the customer already has an email address in the system.

I should add that when editing a customer through the standard osc page their correct email appears, the incorrect one only appears on the create account page or the create order page

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Dave

It turns out it was a cookie issue, nothing to do with this, sorry :)

I really liked this contribution.

I have tried to install v1.5.3 three times now and I can't seem to get it to work. I had v1.5.1 installed and it worked great. I then had to pull up a backup copy that didn't have the order maker already installed. I tried the new v.3 and this is the error I get.

1054 - Unknown column 'a.customers_group_id' in 'field list'

select a.customers_group_id, a.customers_id, a.customers_firstname, a.customers_lastname, b.entry_company, b.entry_city, c.zone_code from customers AS a,
address_book AS b LEFT JOIN zones as c ON (b.entry_zone_id = c.zone_id) WHERE a.customers_default_address_id = b.address_book_id ORDER BY 
entry_company,customers_lastname

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

I really liked this contribution.

I have tried to install v1.5.3 three times now and I can't seem to get it to work. I had v1.5.1 installed and it worked great. I then had to pull up a backup copy that didn't have the order maker already installed. I tried the new v.3 and this is the error I get.

1054 - Unknown column 'a.customers_group_id' in 'field list'

select a.customers_group_id, a.customers_id, a.customers_firstname, a.customers_lastname, b.entry_company, b.entry_city, c.zone_code from customers AS a,
address_book AS b LEFT JOIN zones as c ON (b.entry_zone_id = c.zone_id) WHERE a.customers_default_address_id = b.address_book_id ORDER BY 
entry_company,customers_lastname

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Why not just install Manual Order Maker v1.5.1

That's what I did, Just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

Oh, ok. Since Todd is maintaining this contribution, I have not done the later "updates".

Rustyload,

it looks like a.customers_group_id is probably from another contrib. You can just delete it and it's comma from the query. It happens alot to me, when updating/creating a contrib, there are 3 or four sets of files to edit and it can get confusing. There is a clean set, the set for my shop, and the set that goes into the contrib.....I am still working on an official update.

lildog

Hi Edward,

Try to change aroud line 29:

FIND:

$SelectCustomerBox .= "</select>\n";

CHANGE:

$SelectCustomerBox .= ">" . $db_Row["customers_lastname"] . ", " . $db_Row["customers_firstname"] . "</option>\n";

If you have some problems ... post again ;)

You're a marvel !! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.

Regards, Edward

Im having a little bit of a weird issue - order editor and unique order number are both installed and both work great. This contrib works great the first time I create an order but it gives the order an order number of 0 (zero) - the problem that creates is that the next time I try and manually create an order I get a dirty great SQL error for duplicate order id error and it wont work. Any idea why this doesnt work? I have gone through the instructions a few times and Im sure I have changed all the (int)$oid to $oid for example but it still doesnt seem to work on that one area - other than that I love it and its a great contribution! :)

The error I get is in create_order_process.php and it is:

1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value, customer_service_id, payment_method) values ('16', 'John Doe', '', '2323233', '', '798798797', '9878978979', '', 'United Kingdom', '88787897987987', '[email protected]', '1', 'John Doe', '', '2323233', '', '798798797', '9878978979', '', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'John Doe', '', '2323233', '', '798798797', '9878978979', '', 'United Kingdom', '1', date_add(now(), INTERVAL +1 HOUR), '1', 'GBP ', ' 1.00000000', '2-admin', 'Payment on Local Pickup. We accept cash, Interac, Visa and Master Card.')

[TEP STOP]

Edited by mondeo79

Hi Folks, how's it?

This is a great contribution ( a life saver for those telephone orders!!)

However, when a customer phones me and I create a new customer by entering a new user ID (admin > customers > create > set client ID ) it works great - EXCEPT - I would like it to inform the customer that a new account has been set up for them - just like the email you get when you create your own account - because this contains all the usual join up info.

Now, is this supposed to be part of this great contribution already - and I missed it somehow, OR does anyone know how to link this wonderful tool to the new account email facility?

TIA

Sol

Hope this isn't a repeat but I can't find this issue before...

I have manual order & edit order installed on my dev machine and it works as expected...but....

The carriage field is always zero. Even if I click on the radio button to select my (only) carriage method of zone.

The zone carriage calc works and its there on the left hand side so how do I get it added to the order price?

Apologies in advance if this is an error on my part...

Steve H

This was one of my earlier contribs and it (as you know) kinda piggy backs on Order editor and is just a bit, I think your question needs to be in that forum. I think.

lildog

Hope this isn't a repeat but I can't find this issue before...

I have manual order & edit order installed on my dev machine and it works as expected...but....

The carriage field is always zero. Even if I click on the radio button to select my (only) carriage method of zone.

The zone carriage calc works and its there on the left hand side so how do I get it added to the order price?

Apologies in advance if this is an error on my part...

Steve H

• 1 month later...
Good contrib! Just if it could work... every change I make in new order page it takes me to login page and doesn't save changes.. it's frustrating.. could it be fixed?

I've seen the form target and it takes the session id correctly, just on click it loses it somewhere and starts another session..

I have the same problem,

Any solution, yet?

(i'm not a programmer and have no idea what's happening. A simple solution would be very appreciated)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion. We recently lost 4 orders and I put them in manually, but I also entered in the customer info, with a new Customer ID --- however I wasn't aware it wasn't allowing me to create a new customer. It didn't store the customer info or addresses into all the database tables, so I had to go in and do it manually.

It would be great if you could either enter the ID up above in the first field, or select to enter a NEW customer, have the right ID pop up into the box and then enter the info. Then when you clicked to go to the next screen to create the order, it would save that info into customers & address_book (or whatever it's called) and then allow you to create the order and tie it all in. Just an idea.

I really think this contribution rocks!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a suggestion. We recently lost 4 orders and I put them in manually, but I also entered in the customer info, with a new Customer ID --- however I wasn't aware it wasn't allowing me to create a new customer. It didn't store the customer info or addresses into all the database tables, so I had to go in and do it manually.

It would be great if you could either enter the ID up above in the first field, or select to enter a NEW customer, have the right ID pop up into the box and then enter the info. Then when you clicked to go to the next screen to create the order, it would save that info into customers & address_book (or whatever it's called) and then allow you to create the order and tie it all in. Just an idea.

I really think this contribution rocks!

there is a contribution allow you to install insert new customer. but you need to create the customer first, and manual insert order.

ken

Hi there,

I still have not been able to figure out what is happening. I log into administration, I then proceed to Manual Order Maker, and I add the client this works. Once I open up the Add Products Pop-up window, I can choose a product no problem. The problem that happends is when I press submit, I see that it tries to load the backscreen, but then logs me out of the administrator panel. The popup window (add products) is still open.

Once logged back in the product has been added successfully.

Any ideas?

- Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

I have a slight problem with this contribution...whenever I add a product to the order I get this error message on a blank page:

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home3/sixusone/public_html/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 423

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home3/sixusone/public_html/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 423

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/sixusone/public_html/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php:423) in /home3/sixusone/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 56

BUT if I hit the back button, everything has gone into the database just fine. It isn't a huge deal, I was just wanting a little direction to clear it up.

Thanks,

Rebekah

I have a slight problem with this contribution...whenever I add a product to the order I get this error message on a blank page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/sixusone/public_html/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php:423) in /home3/sixusone/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 56

BUT if I hit the back button, everything has gone into the database just fine. It isn't a huge deal, I was just wanting a little direction to clear it up.

Thanks,

Rebekah

NEVERMIND, today it is working just fine without me having made any changes. go figure.