183 replies to this topic

#21   compuskill

compuskill
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 15:27

Hey,

I have two issues:

1) Customers that have been added manually cannot be found when searching for customers' names in the Admin => Customers section
2) A standard value for creating customers seems to be gender=female. That way, when importing customers' data and orders with my warehouse software, it always says "Mrs" on the invoices.

Is there a way to fix that?

B. regards

#22   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 22:34

I am going to go through this contrib and try to sort out a couple of bugs and make it a little nicer to use. Be patient and keep putting your concerns up here, so they can be looked to.

lildog

#23   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 16:21

No idea, no screenshots.

lildog

How does this compare with the Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry contribution? Have you any screen shots?

#24   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 16:31

Ok here's the deal with this and Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry. I believe Manual order maker and order editor were both together as Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry. Somewhere along the line Order editor was started and I salvaged the 'other half' of the code and turned it into this contrib. That is why order editor is required also.

lildog

It has been so long since I did this. I believe I used the code from step by step but updated it. So basically it is the same.

lildog

#25   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 16:42

UPDATE: I stand to be corrected. Order Editor seems to work as it should when adding an item to an order. However when adding an item to an order just made with this contrib, the drop down doesn't work as advertised. I will fix it.

Thanks for helping me get the Order Entry module going, but I have a little problem with completing the order information. When I've either created a customer ID or selected an existing one, and proceed to the "edit order" page, a portion of the Billing Address panel disappears when the page finishes loading. The portion of the panel is the Credit Card information under the Payment Method dropdown. I see it as the page loads, but then it becomes hidden, and I can't get it back to input the credit card information.

The edit page is not actually part of this contrib...that would be Order editor, I think. MOUSE OVER THE LITTLE i BUTTON after Payment method, there is some configuring that can be done. Looks like it is working like it is supposed to

Also, a minor thing: When I click the button to "Add a product" and the smaller window opens, there's not activation button or link to proceed. The first step drop down menu shows "All Products..." but doesn't load the items I'm trying to select. However, I discovered by trial that I could type a search word and press "enter" to activate the search and proceed to the next step. Is there something missing on the page to make it either clearer or intuitive for my client who will be managing this system?

Also an order editor question. I am also having the same problem, though. when I figure it out I will let you know.

lildog

Edited by lildog, 16 September 2008 - 16:46.

#26   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 19:55

This contrib does not create an account for a customer you added, it just creates an order for that person. To create a customer account I am sure there is another contrib for that. I may add it in the future though if there is enough requests for it. I will have to look into number 2 as I don't use gender, I really don't care the gender. If you come up with a solution please post it here and it will get added in for everyone else.

Hey,

I have two issues:

1) Customers that have been added manually cannot be found when searching for customers' names in the Admin => Customers section

Edited by lildog, 16 September 2008 - 19:59.

#27   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 20:16

I just uploaded a new improved version:
+ added some comments to code
+ fixed the drop down menu in admin/create_order.php so it shows customers names
+ cleaned up code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php
+ the country drop down now selects the customers country if there is one.
+ deleted unused code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php
+ currency drop down selects the stores default currency
+ if there is no country the country drop down uses the stores default country

lildog

#28   discxpress

discxpress
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 19:14

I just uploaded a new improved version:
+ added some comments to code
+ fixed the drop down menu in admin/create_order.php so it shows customers names
+ cleaned up code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php
+ the country drop down now selects the customers country if there is one.
+ deleted unused code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php
+ currency drop down selects the stores default currency
+ if there is no country the country drop down uses the stores default country

lildog

Hello,
I've installed this contrib and it works great so far. At the moment, I haven't installed the latest update.
I'm planning on taking phone orders soon.

I'm wondering if you could add some code that would have the salesperson to enter a name or code when taking an order that would allow me to determine which salesperson entered an order. I need this in case if there is a problem with an order and I know who to ask about it. And for salesperson tracking purposes such as commission and other activities. And of course generate a report.

If possible, later I would like to link this to a multi level contrib. Basically, I would like to create a new user with limited admin access and create a code for that person if he/she takes an order over the phone.

Thanks. Hope I was clear enough with my request.

#29   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 23:05

Plenty clear. Pretty good idea. There is already a contrib that limits admins, I don't remember what it is though. I could write some code to be compatible with that, say if the contrib is installed 'secretly' put the admins id on the order in the database, if that contrib is not installed make a field to enter a code or name to go into the DB.

lildog

#30   discxpress

discxpress
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:00

Plenty clear. Pretty good idea. There is already a contrib that limits admins, I don't remember what it is though. I could write some code to be compatible with that, say if the contrib is installed 'secretly' put the admins id on the order in the database, if that contrib is not installed make a field to enter a code or name to go into the DB.

lildog

Thanks for the reply. I was figuring maybe placing a field at the top of create_order.php, for example, "admin id". Also, the admin should nt be able to proceed until a correct ID Then after that, link that to the monthly sales report contribution so sales data can be exported in excel. I have some ideas but I'm quite a novice at PHP. I know how to install contribs and solve errors.

Maybe add a field to the SQL query in an update version or the database table name admin_id. I hope this can be accomplished in th near future.

Thanks again.

#31   LuckyDuke

LuckyDuke
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:42

Thanks lildog,

super usefull Contrib!

I'm not programmer.
It's possible to make addon like ADD new Customer for this Contrib???

Regards
luckyduke

#32   Coopco

Coopco
  • Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 13:40

Thanks lildog,

super usefull Contrib!

I'm not programmer.
It's possible to make addon like ADD new Customer for this Contrib???

Regards
luckyduke

Admin Create Account 1.0 add on exists

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

#33   berthz

berthz
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:41

I have installed this contrib, which I am sure works great. However when clicking on the Create button I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/sites/site4530/web/admin/create_order.php on line 5

Anyone knows what goes wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

#34   donluis

donluis
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 00:18

When I create a manual order with an existing customer I'm asked how they will be paying. I choose PayPal.

How does the customer pay? For example, linking to PayPal through my site?

#35   lildog

lildog
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 21:45

that's a pretty good question. I really only use this for 'friends' of ours who give us cash. For paypal, you could send a paypal request for money....for credit card I guess manual processing of some sort. Never thought about it. If anyone has any ideas as to how this could be automated a little better, let me know and I will TRY to add it in.

lildog

#36   Coopco

Coopco
  • Members
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 00:16

that's a pretty good question. I really only use this for 'friends' of ours who give us cash. For paypal, you could send a paypal request for money....for credit card I guess manual processing of some sort. Never thought about it. If anyone has any ideas as to how this could be automated a little better, let me know and I will TRY to add it in.

lildog

I use it to put orders in the shop for friends, family, party plan, postal orders, market sales, etc where the sale and payment has already been made. If someone wants to use paypal, they place an order in the shop.

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

#37   Marco82

Marco82
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:51

Good contrib! Just if it could work... every change I make in new order page it takes me to login page and doesn't save changes.. it's frustrating.. could it be fixed?
I've seen the form target and it takes the session id correctly, just on click it loses it somewhere and starts another session..

#38   stubbsy

stubbsy
  • Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:22

it does not now but is very possible. I think it is a viable idea and try to work it in.

lildog

Hi lildog,

I just saw this contribution uploaded and thought it might be a starter for 10 for the above. I've just installed it on customers.php and it does enable you to select any address in the customers address book, i'll take a look this evening and see if it can be easilyy added into this

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6323

All the best

Dave

#39   akyboy

akyboy
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:55

Hi

as soon as i click create button i get this message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/kgfloats/public_html/admin/create_order.php on line 5

how to fix this

tnx

#40   akyboy

akyboy
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:41

i hope support for this mod is not discontinued /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />