• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Review my site...suggestions welcome

networkdad

http://www.healthyharvest.com

My site is up (i am putting it together & hosting it for a family member). It's been up since mid-november, and have only had a dozen or so orders, but there are many more people signing up and calling in orders over the phone too!

Any suggestions you have would be helpful. There are a lot of images i just don't have yet, but the important thing was to get the page up. The old website was designed in frontpage (ACK!) and was terrible. If i knew how, i'd spruce it up with some more color, etc similiar to the bowlzilla site a few threads away.

I'm using the following modules:

Allprods - Google has hit the site over 1700+ times this past week with no SID !! Wohoo!

Column Controller

default specials

easy populate

mainpage

FAQ system

Header Tag Controller w/ Admin

Privacy and conditions

Thema1

Thanks!

~Jason

Try to do something with the design and layout. Too many people are just changing a few bits in the stylesheet and not taking time to make it look the way it deserves to look...

In my humble opinion, FWIW...

Try to do something with the design and layout.  Too many people are just changing a few bits in the stylesheet and not taking time to make it look the way it deserves to look...

In my humble opinion, FWIW...

For sure..this is on the top of my to do list this year. I know it looks kind of generic and all, but i didn't know a lick of php before i started on this. Now i feel a lot more confident. Unfortunately...graphics and css are not my strong suits, but i'll be searching the forums for tips on what other users have done.

Too true burt.

To make a big difference, just change header into something a little more eye catching or flashy.

TBH - Mine isnt anything fantastic, but at my design all over is different in lots of ways.

A nice logo and colour scheme should do the trick.

The good thing is you can use say Theme 2 of your Thema mod to test this with. Just flick between them in admin to see what it loks like, then flick back to 1 when you want to.

CC.

When it comes to changing your site, dont think PHP.

Just think HTML.

Everyone makes the mistake of thinking a site is based on php and thats it!

It isnt, just add html if it a change of style.

You can change the look of OSC 100% but still carry all the functionality with it just by changing the html.

That is one of the best things about OSC.

CC.

CC - I agree completely - My biggest problem when i first started looking at PHP is trying to differentiate between the HTML and the PHP. Now i can look at both no problem and, most of the time i can tell what is going on.

We also like the power of having html and php together... both so functional. Please see our site and tell us how boxey it looks. We're choping away at some changes to get more stylish. We've changed all the colors to our own scheme. http://www.tfsteel.com

Thanks!

When it comes to changing your site, dont think PHP.  

Just think HTML.  

cc my friend no hard feelings man but for us noobs when we see that whole of php code it gets me freaked of

although now im starting to get the hang of it although i dont understand jack shit what it does

but practice makes perfect :D

Nice colour scheme. Some original pictures would work wonders.

<rant>

Going off at somewhat of a tangent, something that has always puzzled me is the number of sites which say something like best viewed with IE 5.5 at xxxx * xxx resolution. What is it for? Are they arrogant enough to think that vistors are going to change their bowser just to visit their site?</rant>

papas - hehe.

You wouldnt believe how many times I have gone for that edit button.

Only for it not to be there! :lol:

If you ever want help, never fear.

Just come here and ask!

People will always help. Including me if I can.

CC.

Archived