I'm currently helping a client with his OSC-based store. About a week ago, the site suddenly stopped accepting credit cards via Authorize.net AIM (the store's only payment option). The merchant has been taking orders and processing credit cards through a.net for at least a couple of years now, so I've been trying to figure out what happened to make it die so abruptly.
When I make my way through the order process (with either a real CC or a test number), I'll enter all the required details and make it through checkout_shipping.php, checkout_payment.php, and checkout_payment.php without a hitch. Then, once I click "Confirm Order," the site dumps me back to checkout_payment.php with this message in the URL (not anywhere on the page itself)
https://clientdomain.com/checkout_payment.php?error_message=%20-%20Your+credit+card+ could+not+be+authorized+for+this+reason.+Please+correct+any+information+and+try+ again+or+ contact+us+for+further+assistance.&osCsid=652496ee25174654ce40f6390a6ebdcd"- Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance." (kinda looks like there should be something more descriptive before that hyphen.
At this point obviously, a.net shows no indication of any new orders or anything at all for that matter.
The a.net AIM module in the OSC backend is set up exactly as it's always been. I don't have personal access to the client's authorize.net merchant account "control panel," so I have to ask him to check and change settings and such. I've updated the AIM module to the latest version from here: http://www.oscommerc...tributions,4091 and tried a new transaction key, but no luck still.
The server is running osCommerce 2.2-MS2, cURL is compiled in PHP, and everything else seems to check out.
I tried switching over to the SIM module as well, but I got kicked back to the same page again, this time with https://secure.autho...ay/transact.dll as the URL and an error of "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again."
The only other info that I can think of that may be relevant was that when I was logging in to the site hosting account's (siteground) cPanel for the first time to troubleshoot, Firefox 3 gave me a
Secure Connection Failed https://[client's domain] uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed. The certificate is only valid for serv01.siteground141.com (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)
I had to create an exception in FF to allow myself through to cPanel, but I'm not sure if any of that would be causing this problem (I'm not too familiar with shared SSL, or even if that's what this is).