• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1   silverspider

silverspider
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 13:07

Hi,

I've just configure the paypal express checkout with the require api info from my profile at paypal and I get the following message when I am in my cart after I have chosed the paypal method of payment 'You do not have permissions to make this API call'. I've double checked my api info and it is correct. I really dont kn ow where to go now. So I'd be greatfulf for any help.

cheers

Gill

#2   silverspider

silverspider
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 13:24

SOLVED again by me - I got myself in a muddle with the SANDBOX - its fine now /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

#3   locaincb

locaincb
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 20:00

SOLVED again by me - I got myself in a muddle with the SANDBOX - its fine now /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I am having this same problem, I don't know what to do if you could share your resolution it would be much appreciated! Thanks

#4   silverspider

silverspider
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 21:24

I am having this same problem, I don't know what to do if you could share your resolution it would be much appreciated! Thanks

Hi - Yes, all I had to do was make sure I had selected 'Live' for the Transaction Server as I had not set up test accounts under Paypals testing site Sandbox.

#5   wondernet

wondernet
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 13:55

Me too. I've tried the 'sandbox' option and got the same as yoo, but I get "Security header is not valid" when I try using the 'live' version ... ???

Edited by wondernet, 09 April 2008 - 13:56.

#6   locaincb

locaincb
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 15:19

Me too. I've tried the 'sandbox' option and got the same as yoo, but I get "Security header is not valid" when I try using the 'live' version ... ???

So I switch the server to "Live", but what about testing? Will I have to use real credit card numbers to make it work or???

As you have probably guessed this is my first go at using payPal or any pay module so I am not sure how I should go about it. Thanks for any advice.

#7   Mibble

Mibble
  • Members
  • 13,404 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:20

the modules are tried and true, as long as you have installed it correctly. most the contributions for payment test function do not work properly

#8   locaincb

locaincb
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:59

the modules are tried and true, as long as you have installed it correctly. most the contributions for payment test function do not work properly

Well I figured out how to set up a sandbox acct and testing buyers/merchants, got paypal express to work, but paypal pro still not working. Now the error I get is The transaction cannot be processed. Apparently there are hundreds of reasons why this might be, but I am not getting the 5 digit error code reporting to me so I can't figure out why, do you know of any way to view the specific error codes as it is not being displayed on the browser?