• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

HTSEOv3.3.2.1, On a 2.3.3.4 shop. After an otherwise successful EP upload of 122 products, updated fill tags, and all seems good with the EP upload. When running the HT test I have this error.

Missing Database Error:

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

I found earlier in the thread where a similar error occurred, but the fix posted is already in the current version. False error?

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field is in the database and populated. There is only 1 manufacturer but it's all there and ok. Thank you in advance for any feedback or deirection.

-Dave

I don't have an answer for this one, David. I ran the test on the test shops I have here and that error doesn't show up. The only thing I can think of is that if this was an update to an existing installation, you might not have ran the update file. But since you can see the field in the database, that wouldn't seem to be the problem. Plus, if it was really missing, Fill Tags should have failed. So I guess it is just something causing the test routine to fail and not anything to worry about.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Jack, using the latest version here of Header Tags SEO. In some instances of product listings descriptions, all text from the keyword through the end of the description are converted to bold, rather than just the keyword alone. Looking as so

Here is an example of the keyword issue that is showing in product description.

Where "keyword" is the keyword.

What we want is just keyword bold. This doesn't occur all the time. Any ideas on that?

Edit...this is for a three word keyword. If if change the key word listing from

red recliner sofa

to

red recliner, sofa

(note the comma there) the bolding issue goes away

Edited by altoid

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I haven't see that problem and no one else has mentioned it. But if it is intermittent it may go unnoticed. But I added a product to a test shop, buried "red recliner sofa" in the description and it was highlighted properly. The keywords are without the comma. I tried it with both the full and partial settings. Maybe your product has more keywords, different punctuation in the description or something else that is making it fail. I suggest you create a test product and just enter red recliner sofa for the keywords and then just enter something like this for the description: "This is a test of red recliner sofa for highlighting." Then look at that on the shop and see if it is highlighted correctly. If it is, then gradually change it so that it matches the original product. Hopefully it will fail at one of the changes and identify the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'll follow up as you suggest. Just redid another product listing (for SEO purposes), this time it was a 4-word keyword. Same thing occurred with Strong text.

So I split the 4-word into two 2-words and the text is now as it should look...meaning just my target 4 words are in bold. I'll keep watching it. Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

hi, i i have olso like this problem, when i click any subcategory; page title is Category name and store name, but i need when i clik any subcategory; page title shuld be Category Name > Subcategory Name and website name. Is this possible?

v2.3.3 default theme

Thanks for help..

No, there's nothing in the code that will allow you to do that. You could alter the code on the page to do it. You can also edit the page title setting so it displays what you want but you would have to do it for each category. This would be the easiest way unless you have a large number of categories.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I am still working with the keyword issue above, it's still intermittent but my work around is handing the issue.

Regarding Twitter Cards...I have them approved by Twitter. I am not seeing the price, nor stock status on the card even though I do have the latest version installed.

Also, on the head_tags_seo_social.php page in admin is there a way to change the site name? That's carrying over to the Twitter og info and the site name on Twitter isn't the same as my shop name.

Thanks

I think that in some of my several updates I make a mistake in somewhere and now the best solution is make a new installation of this contribution.

Before of all, I go into a fresh install of osc 2.2rca (is my osc version) with HTS 3.3.2a and... manufacturer title, name and description doesn't show, they are in database and in admin site, but doesn't show in catalog.

I drop on top files, and use the install.php file to install database entries, all look ok excepts this.

Sorry for my poor english :blush:

Steve -

Regarding Twitter Cards...I have them approved by Twitter. I am not seeing the price, nor stock status on the card even though I do have the latest version installed.

Also, on the head_tags_seo_social.php page in admin is there a way to change the site name? That's carrying over to the Twitter og info and the site name on Twitter isn't the same as my shop name.

The price and quantity are handled by the label1 and label2 fields in the includes/modules/header_tags_opengraph.php file. The code uses the same figures that are used for the open graph meta tag. Do you see the price in those? I know there was a mistake in one of the versions with how those extra tags were labelled so please be sure you have the latest version installed.

For the shop name, no, there's nothing in the code that will allow you to control that. You can edit the above module though and change this line

$twitterArray[] = '<meta name="twitter:site" content="@' . $db['storename'] . '">';

to

$twitterArray[] = '<meta name="twitter:site" content="@' . 'My Other Site Name' . '">';

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@PiLLaO If you are seeing the title and description in admin->Manufacturers but not on the shop side and you are using the supplied files, then it should work. The only thing I can think of is that it might be a language problem. Please try running the Header Tags test and see if that indicates anything.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack: When I set up the Twitter Card to be authorized, Twitter didn't like the name @My Shop Name, stating that it was invalid. However that's not a mandatory field so apparently they ignored it and authorized my Twitter Cards anyway. So I was just bringing that to your attention. I think I'll do the manual code change you suggested so the card data looks OK.

For the Twitter and OG data, here's about what page source shows for a given product in this shop:

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary">
<meta name="twitter:site" content="@My Shop Name">  <-- [color=#ff0000]This is what Twitter didn't accept as explained.[/color]
<meta name="twitter:creator" content="@mytwittername">
<meta name="twitter:url" content="http://www.myshop.com/snow-day-dog-sweater-p-553.html">
<meta name="twitter:title" content="Snow Day Dog Sweater">
<meta name="twitter:description" content="This Snow Day Red Dog Sweater is made by Zack and Zoey and is On Sale Now! This Snow Day Red Dog Sweater is a Comfy acrylic turtleneck sweater with a jolly snowman applique on back.  The Dog S...">
<meta name="twitter:image" content="http://www.myshop.com/images/UM440SnowDay_th.jpg">
<meta name="twitter:data1" content="$14.39">
<meta name="twitter:label1" content="Price">
<meta name="twitter:data2" content="7">
<meta name="twitter:label2" content="Available Stock">
<meta property="og:site_name" content="My Shop Name" />
<meta property="og:locale" content="en-US" />
<meta property="og:type" content="product" />
<meta property="og:title" content="Snow Day Dog Sweater" />
<meta property="og:description" content="This Snow Day Red Dog Sweater is made by Zack and Zoey and is On Sale Now! This Snow Day Red Dog Sweater is a Comfy acrylic turtleneck sweater with a jolly snowman applique on back.  The Dog S..." />
<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.myshop.com/images/UM440SnowDay_th.jpg" />
<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.myshop.com/snow-day-dog-sweater-p-553.html" />
<meta property="og:price" content="$14.39" />
<meta property="og:currency" content="USD" />
<meta property="og:availability" content="instock" />

So I see the price and stock in there, but the card itself doesn't show them when I post a product to twitter.

I see item title, the partial description, the image and the View on Web text.

Thanks

Steve; Your twitter:site tag is incorrect.

Your Twitter Account is @b--------r

If that is for this shop only, then you need to use only:

<meta name="twitter:creator" content="@b--------r">

and not this one at all OR have it the same:

<meta name="twitter:site" content="@b--------r">

If you run multiple shops, then set up a new Twitter feed for the shop and

<meta name="twitter:creator" content="@b--------r">

<meta name="twitter:site" content="@ new account">

Finally, why not use the inbuilt (since 2.3.3.2 I think) Twitter Cards module?

Edited by burt

@@PiLLaO If you are seeing the title and description in admin->Manufacturers but not on the shop side and you are using the supplied files, then it should work. The only thing I can think of is that it might be a language problem. Please try running the Header Tags test and see if that indicates anything.

I make this and only get error for duplicate content.

I tryed to upload to my web server and problems are the same, in manufacturers show all data except Title, Description and Keywords on spanish and english.

I tryed with 3.2.2a and 3.2.2 (because my server is php 5.2).

Thanks in advance!!

@@burt Hi Gary, I have several "live" shops going and while it may not make sense from a purely business point of view, I like to try the various options of doing this and that to see how they work compared to others. What can I say other than I think it's interesting to see how the different approaches work. :)

In this shop's case I am working with Jack's HT SEO which has a Twitter Card process. Jack's HT SEO is fantastically complex with all kinds of bells and whistles.

But I have the built in Twitter card running on a couple other shops too though. And they work quite well.

Edited by altoid

@@PiLLaO Go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control, select index.php from the list and make sure the manufacturers check box is checked.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@altoid Steve - I don't know why they are not allowing the twitter:site value. I think the domain has to be approved in order to be accepted so maybe that is the problem? Or maybe the spaces are causing a problem? There's not much good documentation on the settings, at least that I can find.

You can comment out that twitter:site line in the module if you like though. The twitter:creator can be set in the settings in admin (social section). The site value is meant for the site name while the creator is for the author. They can be the same but as it is should also work.

For the price, I don't see anything wrong.

There is an example showing the various options here and a link to a validator. Maybe running it will shed some light on what they don't like.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Burt - Thanks. can you provide a link to the documentation for that? I'm having a difficult time finding anything solid on the API.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@PiLLaO Go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control, select index.php from the list and make sure the manufacturers check box is checked.

Wasn't marked, now it's work perfectly both version 2.2 and 2.3.3.4 :)

Thanks!!!

I'm going mad, I have an issue and I can't find where is it.

In Page Control I can look pages, and shows correctly info stored in database, but when I change something, changes aren't saved.

Where I must look to find my mistake?

Thanks in advance.

All of the changes for Page Control are handled with code in the Header Tags SEO files so if it is not working, it would have to be a mistake in your installation. But you said previously that you enabled the manufacturers check box and it fixed the problem so obviously the change was saved. Now you say none of the changes are saved. So your description of the problem seems to be wrong.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons