• Please log in to reply
7687 replies to this topic

#6641   dailce

dailce
  • Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:39

More details:

Catlog side shows replace me in page control for the title so I know it's installed right. OSC 2.3.1. template_top.php has:

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />
  <title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

In the admin section, header_tags_seo.php, where it says "Select an Option:" no matter which option I choose it doesn't load anything below. I think it has to do with $newfiles[$x]['text']

$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1 as alt_1, append_category as opt_0, append_manufacturer as opt_1, append_model as opt_2, append_product as opt_3, append_root as opt_4, append_default_title as opt_5, append_default_description as opt_6, append_default_keywords as opt_7, append_default_logo as opt_8, sortorder_category as opt_9, sortorder_manufacturer as opt_10, sortorder_model as opt_11, sortorder_product as opt_12, sortorder_root as opt_13, sortorder_title as opt_14, sortorder_description as opt_15, sortorder_keywords as opt_16, sortorder_logo as opt_17 from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $newfiles[$x]['text'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "' LIMIT 1");

If I add say "echo $newfiles[0]['text']" prior to this call it prints the options.

echo $newfiles[0]['text'];   //prints  Select A File
			   echo $newfiles[1]['text'];  //prints Show All Files
			   echo $newfiles[2]['text'];  //prints Add Missing Pages

Also, when I run a test it says:

Missing Code in File  explain
The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

However, the code is definately there

Edited by dailce, 05 June 2012 - 02:39.

#6642   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,558 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:04

More details:

Catlog side shows replace me in page control for the title so I know it's installed right. OSC 2.3.1. template_top.php has:
However, the code is definately there

You may have a template or some other contribution installed that is confusing the Header Tags code. Try this. In admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, find this code
function IsTemplate() //return if BTS or STS is enabled, or not
{ 
and change it to
function IsTemplate() //return if BTS or STS is enabled, or not
{
  return true;

#6643   dailce

dailce
  • Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:19

Jack you are awesome! that worked. I don't have STS or BTS, but rather a custom template. THANKS!

Edited by dailce, 05 June 2012 - 03:19.

#6644   maquetador

maquetador
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 16:00

Hi, i have a problem in categories.php when i go to preview a product ok. But when i go back the fields of headers tags seo are empty.

any idea?

#6645   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,558 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 16:44

Hi, i have a problem in categories.php when i go to preview a product ok. But when i go back the fields of headers tags seo are empty.

any idea?

The problem has to be in the admin/categories.php file. You can use the included one to test and compare against yours to find the problem.

#6646   maquetador

maquetador
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:50

I think is a bug. I have uploaded the categories.php file for new store from folder 'catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2' and I have the same result

When i am editing in categories.php?cPath=xxxxx&pID=xxxx&action=new_product then I go to preview categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=new_product_preview and after that to back categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=update_product all meta tag information are empty.

My version is:
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Edited by maquetador, 06 June 2012 - 09:51.

#6647   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,558 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 13:42

I think is a bug. I have uploaded the categories.php file for new store from folder 'catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2' and I have the same result

When i am editing in categories.php?cPath=xxxxx&pID=xxxx&action=new_product then I go to preview categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=new_product_preview and after that to back categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=update_product all meta tag information are empty.

My version is:
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

I don't think I can help you with this then. Everything in the catalog section in admin is controlled by the one file. If you have replaced yours with the included one and it still fails, then I can't even guess at what it might be.

#6648   clippers

clippers
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 15:52

Hi
Ive been using this module for a few years now and just upgraded to 2.3.1 and just put in this version of Seo Headers.

Bbut i have a problem, i have filled all my tags and my product page only shows the default title from page control instead of my product details, within my admin product page all meta tags are filled and this is the result of my test

Title and Meta Tag results for product_info.php

English
From Site:
Title ->
Meta Description ->
Meta Keywords ->

From Settings:
Title ->
Meta Description ->
Meta Keywords ->

Results of scan:
product_info.php is missing data. Fill Tags should be ran.

i have done a winmerge to compare files, ive even checked my sql, i cant see anything that is causing this problem (i do have other contributions but winmerge has sorted that out)

I have no errors to speak of to show you, this is way im stumped /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-' />(

Any ideas would be great as i loved using this on my old site.

Thank you x

Hi Jack

I have the module working perfectly now and i didnt have to do anything to it other than switch off SEO URL-5 pro. (both modules work perfectly just not together)

Do you know any URL SEO modules that work with this module without conflicts ? or do you know how to make these 2 work together

Thank you so much for your time

Emma /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-' />)

#6649   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,558 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 16:00

I have the module working perfectly now and i didnt have to do anything to it other than switch off SEO URL-5 pro. (both modules work perfectly just not together)

Do you know any URL SEO modules that work with this module without conflicts ? or do you know how to make these 2 work together

I'm pleased to hear you got it going. The two contributions should work togetther but you have to use the rewrite mode in SEO 5. You'll also need to add an .htaccess file if you were using some other mode previously (see the instructions for SEO 5 for more details). Or, you can use Ultimate SEO V2.2d, which will work.

#6650   zpupster

zpupster
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 15:20

If it is picking up the default title, as opposed to creating one on the fly, then it means, most likely, you have the default title check box checked in page control for that page.

i can not figure this out for the life of me.

i do not have default title keywords or description or title checked and never did.

i tired playing around by checking and unchecking the boxes in page control. but always i end up with the pages listed under page control
using default title,default keywords and default descriptions.

sorry for not getting right back to you . i am in the middle of a moving.

craig

#6651   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,558 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 15:52

i can not figure this out for the life of me.

i do not have default title keywords or description or title checked and never did.

i tired playing around by checking and unchecking the boxes in page control. but always i end up with the pages listed under page control
using default title,default keywords and default descriptions.

I don't know what else it could be and it isn't something that can be handled in a thread like this.

#6652   zpupster

zpupster
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 16:47

hello jack,

another clue:\

php files not picking up the title keywords and the description.

aboutus, advanced_search, advanced_search relults, conditions, contact_us, cookie_usage, faqs,featured_products,
and some others.

php files that are picking up title keywords and the description.

index, product_info, specials.

it seems i am might be missing some code for the pages not picking up the manually added title desc.and keywords.

thanks,

craig

#6653   bowsera

bowsera
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 22:51

Ok i just installed header tags seo v3.2.8 on oscommerce v2.3.1 and now all of my links look similar to the following

"http://www.mywebsite.comdir_ws_http_catalogindex.php" (i put in bold the part that i know is wrong)

. It appears that after installing header tags seo i am missing some punctuation somewhere in the code but i don't know where to look. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

#6654   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,558 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 23:51

It appears that after installing header tags seo i am missing some punctuation somewhere in the code but i don't know where to look. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

You should restore the files on the shop side, make sure everything works and try the changes again to find your mistake.

#6655   bowsera

bowsera
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:36

i have tried that twice and get the same error. i am going to do a complete reinstall as I can not find a solution.

#6656   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,558 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:56

i have tried that twice and get the same error. i am going to do a complete reinstall as I can not find a solution.

If you can pin it down to one page, then you can temporairly use that file from the contribution to make sure it works. It should but, if not, the problem is in some other file. If it works, then use a compare program, like Winmerge, to find the problem.

#6657   djp-at

djp-at
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:40

Hello,

I am working on a module, and having a little problem figuring out how to add this to my dynamic module..

The module i am building is a news blog..

As of right now, the pages are formated as news.php?article=

I cannot figure out how to have header tags rewrite the url & titles dynamically to the page.

So far here are the additions I have added, maybe you can tell me what i am missing

.htaccess

RewriteRule ^(.*)-news-(.*).html$ news.php?article=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

includes/header_tags.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_NEWS) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_NEWS)):
$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_NEWS);
break;
Professionally Done Module Install's
Custom Modules
Support USA Coder's. And Get The Job Done Right!

#6658   djp-at

djp-at
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:11

i apologize, was getting modules mixed up, ignore the seo url stuff i have that sorted out...

what i need is for the page to either not replace the header tags on this page as i have it hardcoded in to make a custom <title> etc.., or to add them based on the title of the article
Custom Modules

#6659   djp-at

djp-at
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:21

i tried to delete my posts, i actually found where to do it, so please ignore
Custom Modules

#6660   Cheloki

Cheloki
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 14:56

Hi Jack;
I have problems with installation in some languages​​, to see the last page of the product, just as you see the specific product information, specifically, I get error in the version of French, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese and Chinese, without But in English, Spanish, Italian and German looks good.
The error occurs when trying to get
9) In includes/languages/english/product_info.php, add the following before the last ?>

define('TEXT_VIEWING', 'Currently viewing:');

======================================================================================================
10) In includes/languages/english.php, add the following before the last ?>. This
should be added in all language files you intend to use.

define('BOX_HEADING_HEADERTAGS_TAGCLOUD', 'Popular Searches');
define('TEXT_SEE_MORE', 'See More');
In making the test header tags in the result, I do not leave keys in the languages​​, and the list of languages ​​listed as missing language, specifically Japanese.
I uninstalled with the uninstall file and reinstalled, but the error continues
uninstalling on page I get this message
Warning: require(includes/column_right.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/arthandpainted.com/headertags_seo_uninstall.php on line 108

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/column_right.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/www/arthandpainted.com/headertags_seo_uninstall.php on line 108
I'm already desperate, you could lend me your help
thank you very much
Cheloki