Header Tags SEO

• Please log in to reply
7714 replies to this topic

#6581 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:10

But what I want it to show when you are looking at a Category is <Category> - Emergency Outdoors and that is it, not additional - Outdoor, Camping, Survival and Preparedness Gear.

Is that possible?

Then you need to turn off the option for whatever has Outdoor, Camping, Survival and Preparedness Gear. If that is part of the text, Emergency Outdoors - Outdoor, Camping, Survival and Preparedness Gear, then you can't just display part of it.

#6582   Cheloki

Cheloki
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:03

@Jack_mcs
Thank you, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and everything works perfectly well already.
Thanks again Jack, I've been very helpful
Cheloki

#6583   zpupster

zpupster
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:18

hello Jack,

i am using osc 2.3

in Header Tags SEO V 3.2.8>Page Control in the admin section, in the option box Select an option, i am selecting 'Show all files'.

I will go to a file (i.e. this.php) and choose delete-- a pop up appears:

Do you really wamt to delete this.php

this only deletes the the entry in Header Tags, not the Actual file,

pressing ok.

it resets the page with Select an option defaulted at Show all files, with no php pages listed.

if i reselect the option to - Select a File and then Show all files--- the files list

but this.php is still there, it is not being deleted.

thanks,

craig

#6584 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 13:23

if i reselect the option to - Select a File and then Show all files--- the files list

but this.php is still there, it is not being deleted.

Try turn off the automatially add pages option in the Header Tags settings.

#6585   zpupster

zpupster
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 17:32

Thank you that did it.

Craig

#6586   zpupster

zpupster
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 23:29

hello Jack,

i was deleting some of the php pages in header tags seo.

i received this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/comta3/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 89

i restored headertags,php from backup and everything is ok.

now in the configuration section of header tags seo all options are listed in triplicate.

how did this happen??

thanks,
craig

#6587 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 00:24

now in the configuration section of header tags seo all options are listed in triplicate.

how did this happen??

No idea.

#6588   mvanderhoff

mvanderhoff
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:45

zpupster it sounds like there may be triplicate information in your database from when you restored.

Please check your db via phpmyadmin

#6589   zpupster

zpupster
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 17:10

thanks Jack and mvanderhoff,

i still do not understand why i would receive triplicate titles in configuration>> headertags seo. when the file came from a good backup.

anyway, i went into the db and deleted the triplicated titles down to a single title.

i also duplicated the erro i had earlier:
setting in admin section configuration>> Header Tags SEO >> Automatically Add New Pages >> FALSE

when i deleted reviews.php from admin section headertags Seo >> page control>> selected the file and deleted. and checked the website.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/comta3/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 89

although, this time i restored header_tags.php from the one included in Header Tags SEO V 3.2.8.

no triplicates!

and after refresh-- reviews.php is deleted.

thanks,
craig

#6590   dtaquarium

dtaquarium
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 14:13

Hi
when i go into my admin/products
and i click on a category to edit..im getting a 404 error in the Header Tags Categories Description section

anyone know how to fix this or where i should look.

Thanks

#6591 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:10

Hi
when i go into my admin/products
and i click on a category to edit..im getting a 404 error in the Header Tags Categories Description section

You've made a mistake in the categories.php edits. use the included one to test and compare against.

#6592   MarkMan1

MarkMan1
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 19:40

Trouble after install. V2.3.8 on oSC 3.1 running on Windows Server

Database upgraded successfully
Copied files accordingly
performed Catalog items
Performed Admin items

now site comes up ok
"Replace me in Page Control" title on index.php
Clicking on products ok and "default title" displays as title

PROBLEMS:
Advance search does not work - returns blank page
Clicking on any category on left box, returns the Header, footer and left column only.
Cannot access Admin.

Couple other comments
1. Admin was renamed Adminbackend previously. Could that be an issue?
2. Another contribution "ULTIMATE SEO" is installed - Coudl that conflict?

Can you suggest resolution?

Thanks for your time.

Mark

#6593 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 22:35

Trouble after install. V2.3.8 on oSC 3.1 running on Windows Server

PROBLEMS:
Advance search does not work - returns blank page

Do you possibly mean 3.2.8 on 2.3.1? Assuming that to be the case and assuming the problem is only on the advanced search page, then the problem is with the edits you made for that page. Use the included file to find the problem.

#6594   MarkMan1

MarkMan1
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 22:56

Do you possibly mean 3.2.8 on 2.3.1? Assuming that to be the case and assuming the problem is only on the advanced search page, then the problem is with the edits you made for that page. Use the included file to find the problem.

Sorry, yes I meant V 3.2.8 and osc I really though was 3.1, it was the most receint release downloaded and originally installed in March (couple of months ago) but I cannot access the Admin pages any longer either. Do you think the Advanced Search the Category Link and Admin visibility are all related to the Advanced Search Page edits? I will check that now, but could that effect the access to Admin?

Thanks

#6595 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 00:36

Sorry, yes I meant V 3.2.8 and osc I really though was 3.1, it was the most receint release downloaded and originally installed in March (couple of months ago) but I cannot access the Admin pages any longer either. Do you think the Advanced Search the Category Link and Admin visibility are all related to the Advanced Search Page edits? I will check that now, but could that effect the access to Admin?

Thanks

Both 2.31 and 3.xx are available for download. If you downloaded the V3 package, this won't work at all. Plus, that is not a useable package. Assuming 2.3, if it was working before and isn't now, then something wasn't done correctly. The admin is completely separate from the shop side so the search page wouldn't break the admin. If you don't find anything to fix it, I suggest you restore your files to get the shop working and try again. This time, just make the changes to admin first so that your shop is not affected if you run into a problem.

#6596   MarkMan1

MarkMan1
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:12

Both 2.31 and 3.xx are available for download. If you downloaded the V3 package, this won't work at all. Plus, that is not a useable package. Assuming 2.3, if it was working before and isn't now, then something wasn't done correctly. The admin is completely separate from the shop side so the search page wouldn't break the admin. If you don't find anything to fix it, I suggest you restore your files to get the shop working and try again. This time, just make the changes to admin first so that your shop is not affected if you run into a problem.

Yes, I restored the system and unfortunately, I am on oSC v 3.02, so I will abort the process. Thanks for your time.

#6597   jAmesson

jAmesson
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 15:14

When i enable Header Tags Seo modules, the whole site turns into blank. When i de-activate them, all is ok. Any ideas whats the problem?

#6598 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 16:30

When i enable Header Tags Seo modules, the whole site turns into blank. When i de-activate them, all is ok. Any ideas whats the problem?

What are "Header Tags Seo modules?" What version of oscommerce are you using?

#6599   ilosc6316

ilosc6316
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:06

Hi,Jack,
Thanks for your great contribution.
Today I installed Header Tags SEO V 3.2.8 on Osc v2.2RC2,everything seems working fine.Now I have a problem.when I clicked
a product and went to product_info.php page,I got an error message:Fatal error: Call to undefined function StripSID()...catalog/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php on line 10 Call Stack: 0.0021 449944 1. {main}()...catalog/product_info.php:0 2.4631 1976312 2. include('/usr/local/...catalog/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php') /usr/local/.../catalog/product_info.php:361,I searched this error in this support thread,several people had a similar problem,some people in the following link even had some solution:
http://forums.oscomm...65#entry1597765
But I don't know how to do it.
Thanks for your help in advance!

Joe

#6600 ONLINE   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,695 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 13:05

Hi,Jack,
Thanks for your great contribution.
Today I installed Header Tags SEO V 3.2.8 on Osc v2.2RC2,everything seems working fine.Now I have a problem.when I clicked
a product and went to product_info.php page,I got an error message:Fatal error: Call to undefined function StripSID

It is saying it can't find one of the Header Tags functions so you, most likely, didn't upload all of the files in the catalog directory.