• Please log in to reply
7642 replies to this topic

#6541   TVpro

TVpro
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 16:49

Hi, I have one big problem.

When I view-source I notice that I only get the information from the root or from what I wrote in the index.php file. I can´t get description or keywords from other pages or from the information that I have put in the catalog. But still index.php works fine…

First of all I just want to make sure that I should be able to get the info I added in product “Product Keywords Tag” to be visible when I view-source?
Second I wonder if there is some code to put in every page I would like to be able to modify, e.g. product_info.php

(Swede so pardon my English…)

#6542   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 17:57

Hi, I have one big problem.

When I view-source I notice that I only get the information from the root or from what I wrote in the index.php file. I can´t get description or keywords from other pages or from the information that I have put in the catalog. But still index.php works fine…

First of all I just want to make sure that I should be able to get the info I added in product “Product Keywords Tag” to be visible when I view-source?
Second I wonder if there is some code to put in every page I would like to be able to modify, e.g. product_info.php

(Swede so pardon my English…)

Have you enabled them in Page Control?

#6543   TVpro

TVpro
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 19:07

When I replaced application_top I can view the code - must have done something wrong there /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Edited by TVpro, 29 April 2012 - 19:16.

#6544   TVpro

TVpro
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 20:16

The good news (for me) is that I found the problem in the application_top.php file – it is “SEO URLs 5”. When I disable it everything works fine…

But can’t get it to work even if I change URI to rewrite

Read somewhere “Ultimate Seo Url's 5 requires a code change in Header Tags in order for it to work” so will look into that tomorrow.

#6545   TVpro

TVpro
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 18:17

Now everything works perfectly – thanks for a great contribution! Learn a lot about my shop on the way to get it to work to /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Had to use the rewrite for my url (as mention in the FAQ)

Take care and happy Walpurgis Night.!

#6546   Cheloki

Cheloki
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:35

Hello, good morning:
I have a problem with the installation. I installed automatically on new installation of oscommerce 2.3.1 and all is well, the problem comes when you install the admin in another language, I get the error in the tab admin / header tags seo / page control, and says something :
1062 - Duplicate entry 'advanced_search.php-1' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1, page_logo_2, page_logo_3, page_logo_4, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_model, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_model, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, sortorder_root_1, sortorder_root_2, sortorder_root_3, sortorder_root_4, language_id) values ('advanced_search.php', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1')

[TEP STOP]

I would greatly appreciate someone help me, I'm not a programmer but I copy and paste very well /happy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />
thanks

#6547   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 13:44

Hello, good morning:
I have a problem with the installation. I installed automatically on new installation of oscommerce 2.3.1 and all is well, the problem comes when you install the admin in another language, I get the error in the tab admin / header tags seo / page control, and says something :
1062 - Duplicate entry 'advanced_search.php-1' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1, page_logo_2, page_logo_3, page_logo_4, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_model, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_model, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, sortorder_root_1, sortorder_root_2, sortorder_root_3, sortorder_root_4, language_id) values ('advanced_search.php', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1')

[TEP STOP]

I would greatly appreciate someone help me, I'm not a programmer but I copy and paste very well /happy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />
thanks

Does it happen if you click on Header Tags in the left column after refreshing the admin?

#6548   Cheloki

Cheloki
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:42

Hello, nice to meet you Jack, thanks for answering.
this happens just when you install the admin in Spanish, to change the language with the drop down above right, if I click on admin / Header Tags Seo (left column, bottom) / COntrol page gives this error,after refreshing the admin, I did it several times and occurs at all the same.
Consuelo

#6549   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:18

Hello, nice to meet you Jack, thanks for answering.
this happens just when you install the admin in Spanish, to change the language with the drop down above right, if I click on admin / Header Tags Seo (left column, bottom) / COntrol page gives this error,after refreshing the admin, I did it several times and occurs at all the same.
Consuelo

Did you make the database changes with headertags_seo_install.php? The the test routine provide any errors for the language?

#6550   Cheloki

Cheloki
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:52

Hello again,
Yes, I maked the database changes with headertags_seo_install.php.
the test comes out you hit it directly, because I still do not understand very well, so you see it:

Test Results <br>
<br>
Duplicate title found: explain <br>
<br>
for English <br>
exists more than once. <br>
<br>
for Español <br>
<p> <br>
<br>
Duplicate meta description found: explain <br>
<br>
for English <br>
<br>
for Español <br>
</p>
<p> <br>
<br>
Missing Title and/or descriptions: explain <br>
<br>
<br>
Products <br>
Matrox G200 MMS <br>
Matrox G200 MMS <br>
Matrox G400 32MB <br>
Matrox G400 32MB <br>
Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro <br>
Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro <br>
The Replacement Killers <br>
The Replacement Killers <br>
Blade Runner - Director's Cut <br>
Blade Runner - Director's Cut <br>
The Matrix <br>
The Matrix <br>
You've Got Mail <br>
You've Got Mail <br>
A Bug's Life <br>
A Bug's Life <br>
Under Siege <br>
Under Siege <br>
Under Siege 2 - Dark Territory <br>
Under Siege 2 - Dark Territory <br>
Fire Down Below <br>
Fire Down Below <br>
Die Hard With A Vengeance <br>
Die Hard With A Vengeance <br>
Lethal Weapon <br>
Lethal Weapon <br>
Red Corner <br>
Red Corner <br>
Frantic <br>
Frantic <br>
Courage Under Fire <br>
Courage Under Fire <br>
Speed <br>
Speed <br>
Speed 2: Cruise Control <br>
Speed 2: Cruise Control <br>
There's Something About Mary <br>
There's Something About Mary <br>
Beloved <br>
Beloved <br>
SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle <br>
SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle <br>
Unreal Tournament <br>
Unreal Tournament <br>
The Wheel Of Time <br>
The Wheel Of Time <br>
Disciples: Sacred Lands <br>
Disciples: Sacred Lands <br>
Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2 <br>
Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2 <br>
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer <br>
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer <br>
Hewlett Packard LaserJet 1100Xi <br>
Hewlett Packard LaserJet 1100Xi <br>
Samsung Galaxy Tab <br>
Samsung Galaxy Tab <br>
<br>
Categories <br>
Hardware <br>
Software <br>
DVD Movies <br>
Graphics Cards <br>
Printers <br>
Monitors <br>
Speakers <br>
Keyboards <br>
Mice <br>
Action <br>
Science Fiction <br>
Comedy <br>
Cartoons <br>
Thriller <br>
Drama <br>
Memory <br>
CDROM Drives <br>
Simulation <br>
Action <br>
Strategy <br>
Gadgets <br>
Hardware <br>
Software <br>
DVD Movies <br>
Graphics Cards <br>
Printers <br>
Monitors <br>
Speakers <br>
Keyboards <br>
Mice <br>
Action <br>
Science Fiction <br>
Comedy <br>
Cartoons <br>
Thriller <br>
Drama <br>
Memory <br>
CDROM Drives <br>
Simulation <br>
Action <br>
Strategy <br>
Gadgets <br>
<br>
Manufacturers <br>
Matrox <br>
Microsoft <br>
Warner <br>
Fox <br>
Logitech <br>
Canon <br>
Sierra <br>
GT Interactive <br>
Hewlett Packard <br>
Samsung <br>
Matrox <br>
Microsoft <br>
Warner <br>
Fox <br>
Logitech <br>
Canon <br>
Sierra <br>
GT Interactive <br>
Hewlett Packard <br>
Samsung <br>
</p>
<p> <br>
<br>
Database/File Mismatch Error: explain <br>
The number of file entries in the database (6) does not match the number in
the includes/header_tags.php file (22). <br>
Files not in the database: <br>
advanced_search.php <br>
advanced_search_result.php <br>
conditions.php <br>
contact_us.php <br>
cookie_usage.php <br>
download.php <br>
info_shopping_cart.php <br>
opensearch.php <br>
popup_image.php <br>
privacy.php <br>
products_new.php <br>
redirect.php <br>
reviews.php <br>
shipping.php <br>
shopping_cart.php <br>
tell_a_friend.php <br>
</p>
<p> <br>
languages in the Header Tags table are: 1 ( English ). </p>

Edited by Cheloki, 03 May 2012 - 06:58.

#6551   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 13:13

Hello again,
Yes, I maked the database changes with headertags_seo_install.php.
the test comes out you hit it directly, because I still do not understand very well, so you see it:

If there is an add button in the test regarding the languages, click it. It not, run the uninstall and then install script again.

#6552   hho

hho
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:03

I just did a check on http://validator.w3.org/ for my tags. It gave me 140 errors. Most meta data that did not have start/end tags. Could this be a general error or did I make a misstake somewhere? Perhaps an open question, but I have not been able to track the source...

Many thanks for any advice!

#6553   Mark77

Mark77
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:20

Hello Jack,
I installed the version Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3 and want to do an update. Which version is right?

Thank you Mark.

Edited by Mark77, 05 May 2012 - 11:22.

#6554   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:11

I just did a check on http://validator.w3.org/ for my tags. It gave me 140 errors. Most meta data that did not have start/end tags. Could this be a general error or did I make a misstake somewhere? Perhaps an open question, but I have not been able to track the source...

No ideas. Validating has no affect on anything unless there is actual broken code so I never look at it.

#6555   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:11

Hello Jack,
I installed the version Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3 and want to do an update. Which version is right?

There are update files included.

#6556   Mark77

Mark77
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:16

Thank You.

#6557   killwap

killwap
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 16:57

Hello Jack.

First of all, thank you for such a product as Header tags SEO.

Sorry if my question is answered.
I have found a same questions, but not found a answers.

I have installed Header tags SEO 3.2.8 and ArticlesManager_1.57_7.
The Header tags SEO work fine with the all products and categories, but don't work with topics and articles.
Go to -> Header tags SEO -> Page Control -> Select an Option: -> article_info.php?articles_id=1
Fill the "Title:", "Description:", "Keyword(s):"
And in result, I get only the "default" Title, Description, Keyword on my page article_info.php?articles_id=1

How to make it work?

Edited by killwap, 05 May 2012 - 17:04.

#6558   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 00:39

Hello Jack.

First of all, thank you for such a product as Header tags SEO.

Sorry if my question is answered.
I have found a same questions, but not found a answers.

I have installed Header tags SEO 3.2.8 and ArticlesManager_1.57_7.
The Header tags SEO work fine with the all products and categories, but don't work with topics and articles.
Go to -> Header tags SEO -> Page Control -> Select an Option: -> article_info.php?articles_id=1
Fill the "Title:", "Description:", "Keyword(s):"
And in result, I get only the "default" Title, Description, Keyword on my page article_info.php?articles_id=1

How to make it work?

Be sure the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control. If it is, check the includes/header_tags.php file to see if there is code for the article_info.php file and, if it is, that it looks different than most of the others (it should be about 15 lines compared to the 5 or so for a regular page like conditions.php. If it isn't, then the permissions are probably not set correctly on that file.

#6559   killwap

killwap
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:00

Be sure the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control. If it is, check the includes/header_tags.php file to see if there is code for the article_info.php file and, if it is, that it looks different than most of the others (it should be about 15 lines compared to the 5 or so for a regular page like conditions.php. If it isn't, then the permissions are probably not set correctly on that file.

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control.
Code for for the article_info.php is not exist in /includes/header_tags.php
I did try on windows server and linux server. Permission for header_tags.php is 755 in linux server. If i set 777, then do get message [Permissions settings for the /home/avgust/domains/oilshinbat.com.ua/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.]

Where do I even pay attention?

#6560   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 13:03

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control.
Code for for the article_info.php is not exist in /includes/header_tags.php
I did try on windows server and linux server. Permission for header_tags.php is 755 in linux server. If i set 777, then do get message [Permissions settings for the /home/avgust/domains/oilshinbat.com.ua/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.]

Where do I even pay attention?

You have to set the permissions to whatever is correct for your server. That's usually the same as what's set for the images directory but not always. If you don't know, you'll need to ask your host.