229 replies to this topic

#41   KKT

KKT
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Okay, that makes sense--thank you.

One other question:
Once I enter in the weight of my items (including packaging I assume?) and my postal code, then is this module going to automatically determine accurate shipping rates for anywhere in the world? Or, do I have to do anything  extra in my admin panels to make sure that can happen?

Thanks again.

#42   KKT

KKT
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

And, am I required to buy certain labels from the post office to use the Automated Label aspect, or can I just buy blank labels and this contribution is going to print out the bar code and all other necessary info on those blank labels?

Thanks,
KKT

#43   insaini

insaini
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

View PostKKT, on May 12 2008, 12:24 PM, said:

And, am I required to buy certain labels from the post office to use the Automated Label aspect, or can I just buy blank labels and this contribution is going to print out the bar code and all other necessary info on those blank labels?

Thanks,
KKT

The shipping module stores the total shipment weight with every order recorded and this is the value used when in the automated labels software.. if however the shipment weight isnt in the stored shipping details recorded for the order.. automated labels will display a message asking the user to input the correct shipment weight.  However yes the shipping module will determine (as long as the dimensions and weights for each of your products has been added and is correct) the exact shipping costs to anyone in the world.. you can also specify a handling charge via your sellOnline account which is automatically added to the shipping charge to the customer as well as fuel charges, etc..

As for the labels.. I use FEDEX labels that I purchased off of ebay.. canadapost doesnt have labels.. although you can use any label sheet or even just blank paper and tape the label onto the box... however the label itself is the exact same as the label received from logging into the canada post shipping application.. barcodes and all that .. nothing to worry about..

J

#44   KKT

KKT
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Excellent--thanks so much for a fast and thorough reply.

-KKT

#45   KKT

KKT
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:58 PM

What about in the case of multiple purchases?

2 things I'm selling is Tshirts and Buttons.
I put into the admin the weight and measurements for a single tshirt and I do the same for the buttons--in the case that they are ordered individually.

But, say someone orders 2 Tshirts and 3 packs of buttons (all at once).

At that point, i would package them all together and how is the software going to prepare that price?
I can't seriously put in weight and measurements for every possible combination of what an order could be.

Thanks for your great support.

-KKT

#46   insaini

insaini
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

View PostKKT, on May 17 2008, 02:58 PM, said:

What about in the case of multiple purchases?

2 things I'm selling is Tshirts and Buttons.
I put into the admin the weight and measurements for a single tshirt and I do the same for the buttons--in the case that they are ordered individually.

But, say someone orders 2 Tshirts and 3 packs of buttons (all at once).

At that point, i would package them all together and how is the software going to prepare that price?
I can't seriously put in weight and measurements for every possible combination of what an order could be.

Thanks for your great support.

-KKT

That is not a problem.. as long as you have the dimensions and weights entered for each individual item in your catalog .. and you have already defined your boxes in your sellOnline account.. canadapost figures out everything for you..

#47   KKT

KKT
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

View Postinsaini, on May 18 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

That is not a problem.. as long as you have the dimensions and weights entered for each individual item in your catalog .. and you have already defined your boxes in your sellOnline account.. canadapost figures out everything for you..

By sellOnline account do you mean the admin panel?
I put in the weight and measurements of two of my items in my admin (Categories/Products) and the individual shipping for each is around $6.20 which is normal, but when I put both items in my shopping cart and go to checkout, the shipping is $12.40 so it's just adding both separate amounts together. That's what I was concerned about b/c if i get an order for a shirt and one of my other items, I'm going to ship them together and it's not going to cost $12.40 to ship, it may even still fall under the $6.20. Make sense?

I thought maybe I was supposed to go do something at my canadapost.ca/obc account but that seems separate--just for printing out a label on a some random package not associated with my store.

Thanks,
KKT

#48   insaini

insaini
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:00 AM

View PostKKT, on May 18 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

By sellOnline account do you mean the admin panel?
I put in the weight and measurements of two of my items in my admin (Categories/Products) and the individual shipping for each is around $6.20 which is normal, but when I put both items in my shopping cart and go to checkout, the shipping is $12.40 so it's just adding both separate amounts together. That's what I was concerned about b/c if i get an order for a shirt and one of my other items, I'm going to ship them together and it's not going to cost $12.40 to ship, it may even still fall under the $6.20. Make sense?

I thought maybe I was supposed to go do something at my canadapost.ca/obc account but that seems separate--just for printing out a label on a some random package not associated with my store.

Thanks,
KKT

your sellonline account .. you login with your CPC ID ..  I believe this is the address http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/servlet/LogonServlet

login, setup your boxes and shipping options and handling costs.. as per your shipping charge.. its based on item weight and item dimensions.. and canadapost does the calculations.. if for instance item 1 is say 5cm x 5cm x 5cm and item 2 is 10cm x 10cm x 10cm .. if you have a box that is 15cm x 15cm x 15cm .. canadapost will calculate that you can put upto 3 pieces of item 1 and 1 piece of item 2 .. it then adds the weight of these .. if however your selected items takes more space than one box.. i believe it calculates for multiple boxes..  now the charges youve received above seems as though its calculating for 2 separate shipments.. possibly because you havent added your boxes and setup the options in your sellonline account.

J

#49   roback

roback
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

Okay, installing this contrib on a OSC that already has products in it. followed the instructions and double checked (good instructions I might add) but I am getting some errors.

Firstly let me point out that I have not configured the CP account details yet, but I don't think that is causing the problem. I have also installed the Ultra Pics contrib and I believe that is where the problems are coming from.

So now lets look at the errors:
1) Front End - > shopping_cart.php (Immediately after clicking add to cart). Under the product list box I get the following error:
Sub-Total: 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_length' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_tax_class_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '110' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

2)Back End -> Adding Product > Preview Product > Insert. (All part of the admin/categories.php page) When inserting a new product the additional fields appear in the for the CP tariffs, length, weight. But after previewing it and pressing Insert it produces this error:
1054 - Unknown column 'products_length' in 'field list'

insert into products (products_quantity, products_description_short, products_tariff, products_model, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_length, products_height, products_width, products_ready_to_ship, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_sm_1, products_image_xl_1, products_image_sm_2, products_image_xl_2, products_date_added) values ('100', 'CanPost MOD', 'NONE', '', '3', null, '2.5', '6', '1', '5', '1', '1', '1', '0', '120_bv_M.jpg', '120_bv_M.jpg', '121_bv_M.jpg', '121_bv_M.jpg', '121_fv_M.jpg', '121_fv_M.jpg', now())

[TEP STOP]

3)Back End - > Editing a product (Again admin/categories.php). You receive this error:
 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_length' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_description_short, p.products_tariff , pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '154' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Now I have two guesses at what the problem could be. All of these segments of code, which were amended from the UltraPic contrib already, are not as they should be. What I did is I compared the code from the instructions with the modified code of UltraPic From what I gathered is that UltraPic interjected a bunch of things between p.products_image and p.products_price. So I interject the weight, length, width, height and ready to ship between the p.products_price and p.products_date_added - effectively keeping things the same (or so I assumed).

the other guess is that the p.products_length was not set up in the database correctly. Though I have very limited experience with this, so I am not even sure how to check/debug this.

I hope that provides sufficient info for someone to help me out.

thanks

Rob

#50   roback

roback
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

View Postroback, on May 23 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

the other guess is that the p.products_length was not set up in the database correctly. Though I have very limited experience with this, so I am not even sure how to check/debug this.

The fine tooth comb of agony has revealed this:
There is no length, width, height or ready to ship column in the DB Products Table.... .... ....

Okay so I went back and did the sql command again... ta-da! Okay so that seemed to fix the errors in all 3 places... BUT now in the front end, My subtotal does not tally up on the first shopping_cart.php page (Or Cart Contents from top right nav). Very odd. No displayed errors. And when you walk through the rest of the checkout process to the checkout_confirmation.php page, it correctly displays the subtotal and other totals.

Any ideas?

#51   insaini

insaini
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

View Postroback, on May 23 2008, 03:48 PM, said:

The fine tooth comb of agony has revealed this:
There is no length, width, height or ready to ship column in the DB Products Table.... .... ....

Okay so I went back and did the sql command again... ta-da! Okay so that seemed to fix the errors in all 3 places... BUT now in the front end, My subtotal does not tally up on the first shopping_cart.php page (Or Cart Contents from top right nav). Very odd. No displayed errors. And when you walk through the rest of the checkout process to the checkout_confirmation.php page, it correctly displays the subtotal and other totals.

Any ideas?

hmm you are talking about the cart contents page.. seems as though you may need to check out where that total is being totaled in shopping_cart.php .. if its adding up correctly at the confirmation then it seems as though the problem is specific to shopping_cart.php .. do you have any other mods done to this?

J

#52   roback

roback
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

View Postinsaini, on May 25 2008, 06:25 PM, said:

hmm you are talking about the cart contents page.. seems as though you may need to check out where that total is being totaled in shopping_cart.php .. if its adding up correctly at the confirmation then it seems as though the problem is specific to shopping_cart.php .. do you have any other mods done to this?

J

No other mod that effects that page. Any idea on what line approximately the total is figured out in shopping_cart.php ??

#53   KKT

KKT
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hey Insaini,

I got all registered with SellOnline and then had to request that they add the "Add/Modify/Delete Empty Space Items" module to my account so that it will calculate that multiple items can fit in one box.

My sellonline info is all filled out and it's still not wanting to ship things in one box.
I have the weight and dimensions of my products entered in the OsCommerce admin as well. Is that wrong, should that be deleted so it's not repeated in SellOnline?

Thanks!

#54   KKT

KKT
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hey, nevermind, I realized that i had to go into admin > modules > shipping and edit out the demo CPC that was in there and put in the Customer ID, LOGIN AND PASS that they assigned me when i emailed them.

#55   roback

roback
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

View Postroback, on May 25 2008, 06:33 PM, said:

Hey I tried reverting shopping_cart.php back to the original file and it again displays the correct price. Now I also proceeded through the checkout and it appeared to work just the same with the default shopping_cart.php.

Now a WinDiff on the two version shows the only significant difference is that
[code]p.products_weight, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship[\code]
are added to two of the queries (approx lines 259 and 319) and
[code]
'length' => $products['products_length'],
'width' => $products['products_width'],
'height' => $products['products_height'],
'ready_to_ship' => $products['products_ready_to_ship'],
[\code]
added to the product array (approx line 336).

I am not great at picking apart the code to determine where things go and how they function so can you explain the need for these in the shopping_cart.php

thanks

appreciated.

#56   newbie1233

newbie1233
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:34 AM

Hi,

I am getting a bunch of errors when I hit submit for automatic labels. Here is what I get:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/user/cookies/cp_cookies) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ship_canadapost.php on line 152

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/user/cookies/cp_cookies) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ship_canadapost.php on line 10

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ship_canadapost.php on line 13
Step 1. Initialized.

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/user/cookies/cp_cookies) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ship_canadapost.php on line 7

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/user/cookies/cp_cookies) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ship_canadapost.php on line 10

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ship_canadapost.php on line 13
Step 2. Error: Failed check in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/ship_canadapost.php at line 9. This most likely means that Canada Post has changed their user interface. You need to update your Canada Post Automatic Shipping Labels module.

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/user/cookies/cp_cookies) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/ship_canadapost.php on line 152

I am pretty sure I need to get my server to remove the restrictions on this file path but while I'm waiting for them to get back to me, is there any other solution to this problem?

Thanks

#57   newbie1233

newbie1233
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

Anyone?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am so close to being able to launch this site.

Thanks in advance

#58   roback

roback
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:20 AM

Probably not a surprising error to anyone, but while trying to use the shipping module in the admin, I am getting the following errors:

Step 2. Error: Failed check in /home/suchgirl/public_html/shop/admin/includes/languages/english/ship_canadapost.php at line 9. This most likely means that Canada Post has changed their user interface. You need to update your Canada Post Automatic Shipping Labels module.

Now after reviewing the previous threads, I noticed the cURL and Port issues so I check with my host (Hostgator) and this was their reply:

Regarding cURL:

CURL Information => libcurl/7.18.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8g zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6

Regarding Port 30000:

The port was not open on the server but I have opened it up.

Now the one thing I noted from the posts was:

I believe curl also has to be built with libssh

cURL Information libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.2 libssh2/0.18

Could this be what is causing the problems?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#59   cwm3

cwm3
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

Quick 2 questions.

I noticed that the Expedited and Regular shipping prices are the same. Priority is of course more expensive. But why the 2 same prices? Can this be different?

Also, seems like everything is installed correctly, just wondering why my process is stopped at step 2. Logging into CP's system? What should I double check here?

#60   newbie1233

newbie1233
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:03 AM

View Postnewbie1233, on May 27 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

Anyone?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am so close to being able to launch this site.

Thanks in advance

Ok, I figured out the cookie problem but I still get these errors:

Step 1. Initialized.

Step 2. Logged In.

Step 3. Started shipping application.

Step 4. Error: Failed check in /home/esteemforthehome.ca/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/ship_canadapost.php at line 9. This most likely means that Canada Post has changed their user interface. You need to update your Canada Post Automatic Shipping Labels module.

So that I don't look like I'm talking to myself on this forum any response would be appreciated.

Thank you