• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EP v2.2b problem

DicE

Hi Tim,

I was doing tests with v2.1 and it seemed to work fine except that it only puts my product name, description etc. in the English language part, and not in my self defined Dutch language (lang_id=4). The product exists, you just don't see it because descripting, name etc... is all empty.

But all the products were put in the correct cats and sub-cats so no problem there.

So I tried v. 2.2b, but using the same tab-delimited txt file, all my products are now put in the root of my shop... not in the categories!

Any idea where I should go and look for this problem? the txt file seems ok as it works with v2.1....

I really don't understand why there's nothing showing in the Dutch part...

thanks for any help you can give me!!!!

_____.:::.________###__________|/______

:(o o): . (o o) (o o)

ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-

Hi Tim,

I was doing tests with v2.1 and it seemed to work fine except that it only puts my product name, description etc. in the English language part, and not in my self defined Dutch language (lang_id=4). The product exists, you just don't see it because descripting, name etc... is all empty.

But all the products were put in the correct cats and sub-cats so no problem there.

So I tried v. 2.2b, but using the same tab-delimited txt file, all my products are now put in the root of my shop... not in the categories!

Any idea where I should go and look for this problem? the txt file seems ok as it works with v2.1....

I really don't understand why there's nothing showing in the Dutch part...

thanks for any help you can give me!!!!

I just released version 2.2 final (more or less) with elari's multi-language support in it. The file format of 2.2 is different, depending on how many languages you have defined.

I'd recommend getting the 2.2 final from the contribs, install it, then download a txt file from it to see the new format. Make sure your data is in the right format, and re-import. I suspect the 2.2beta was getting confused because the data wasn't in the columns it expected.

Tim

Thanks man,

I'm going to try it now.... Hope the part with the languages got a little bit more attention in the readme though...

didn't really get it the the dox of 2.2b ;-)

:oops:

_____.:::.________###__________|/______

:(o o): . (o o) (o o)

ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-