[Contribution] STS v4

• Please log in to reply
6123 replies to this topic

#6101   offie

offie
  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hi, I have just installed this contribution and amended all my files as requested in the version 4.6_1. I have checked and re-checked all my changes but when I log on to the admin side and click the modules link I get a white screen. I have not only re-read the instructions but checked that I have made the right changes in the correct places by using a file comparison tool and checking it against the files supplied for a fresh install.

What could be causing this please?

Thanks, Michael

#6102   offie

offie
  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

View Postoffie, on 02 November 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hi, I have just installed this contribution and amended all my files as requested in the version 4.6_1. I have checked and re-checked all my changes but when I log on to the admin side and click the modules link I get a white screen. I have not only re-read the instructions but checked that I have made the right changes in the correct places by using a file comparison tool and checking it against the files supplied for a fresh install.

What could be causing this please?

Thanks, Michael

I have just done some testing and amended the code piece by piece and tested the admin side after each change and the white screen is appearing after changing the code in catalog/admin/modules.php.

This piece of code is causing the problems:

Find:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" . $value['value'] . "', '" . $key . "');");
		} else {

Replace with:

eval('$keys .= ' . $value['set_function'] . "'" . $value['value'] . "', '" . $key . "');");
		// STS V4.6 drop start
		} else {
			if($key == 'MODULE_STS_TEMPLATE_FOLDER'){
				$dir_name = array();
				if ($handle = opendir('../'.MODULE_STS_TEMPLATES_FOLDER.'/')) {
				   while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) {
						$pos = strpos($file, ".");
						if($pos === false){
							$dir_name[] = array("id" => $file, "text" => $file);
							$i++;
						}
					}
					closedir($handle);
				}
				$keys .= tep_draw_pull_down_menu('configuration[MODULE_STS_TEMPLATE_FOLDER]', $dir_name, $value['value']);
			}else{
				$keys .= tep_draw_input_field('configuration[' . $key . ']', $value['value']);
			}
		}
		// STS V4.6 drop end

Once I do this change then I get a white screen as soon as I click the link Modules in my admin.

I have discovered the problem was that I had an identical piece of code just below the change which was:

}

So once I removed this the page did not go white anymore.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thank you

Edited by offie, 02 November 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#6103   offie

offie
  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

View Postoffie, on 02 November 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

I have discovered the problem was that I had an identical piece of code just below the change which was:

}

So once I removed this the page did not go white anymore.

Just to clarify the above, the extra piece of code that removed was also written in the "change code" so these were two instances of the same two lines above. perhaps the install instructions should include this piece of code when telling you what to look for and change. However it is quite possible that other versions of Osc do not have that line installed and I have not checked to see so you can check your own versions instead.

Thanks again.

Edited by offie, 02 November 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#6104   Sheepish

Sheepish
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hi.  I'm in the process of putting a Facebook like button on my products.  All working well with STS and the button works but it would be handy to have the product image appear on the Facebook page who liked me (at the moment facebook seems to pick a random image on the page and not the product image).  To force that, I need to put (in the header of the product page) the following code...

<meta property="og:image" content="<?php print 'http://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']; ?>" />

At the moment, if I put that in my product_info.php template I get...

<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.domain.co.uk/images/" />

i.e. the actual image $product_info['products_image'] isn't tagged onto the end.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but I'm assuming that's a mysql array that it's working on?  Is there a way of getting the image inserted into the code?

Thanks
Martin

#6105   HewnArt

HewnArt
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

Hey Guys,

306 pages is alot to go thru. I'm just wanting to know does STS work with 2.3.1? I've downloaded the 4.6 version but there are only folders for MS2 RC1 & 2. Any help would be a great help

Thanks

#6106   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

View PostHewnArt, on 04 November 2011 - 03:45 AM, said:

306 pages is alot to go thru. I'm just wanting to know does STS work with 2.3.1? I've downloaded the 4.6 version but there are only folders for MS2 RC1 & 2. Any help would be a great help

Yes, 306 pages are many, but 1 page back not -> the answer on the previews page

#6107   docboxer

docboxer
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

I hope someone can help with this. I have an issue with to much space before and after the category list. In Firefox everything is tight.  In IE and Chrome I have an extra table cell before and after the category list.

I'm fairly certain it isn't a CSS issue. I have added/changed margins, line-heights and a few others. Nothing works. Even set up a separate stylesheet for IE.

Here is the URL http://www.turnkeysitedesigns.com/. I have the borders visible. Check it out in Chrome and IE, then Firefox.

Michael

#6108   multimixer

multimixer

Lemons or Melons ?

• Partner
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

Table class="SideinfoBoxContents" has a tr that contains an non existing image. This has nothing to do with STS it self, check your category box file

It sounds a bit, how to say, strange, that you start a website offering webdesign services, not knowing how to setup your own, how are you going to support your future clients?

#6109   docboxer

docboxer
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Thank you for your help and I will admit I don't know everything about web design. With that said, I have managed to make a few dollars over the years in my spare time, building sites for people that know less then I do. My goal is to keep learning and eventually make a living doing this full time.

#6110   docboxer

docboxer
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

After futher review, it seems your suggestion doesn't help. The tr's seem to be generated by the STS Boxes.php file. The categories.php file doesn't appear to create any table html, but the STS Boxes.php file does.

I removed the word text from line 328 and 341 in the STS Boxes.php file and that fixed my problem. If anyone knows of a reason why I shouldn't do it that way or a better cleaner way, then let me know.

#6111   docboxer

docboxer
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

Well now, don't I feel dumb. After comparing my boxes.php with the one that came with STS. It seems the problem came from a previous Mod I had done to the boxes.php file to add a css style class to the category list.

#6112   abdelatif

abdelatif
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

I am using STS module versie 4.6_1 on a RC2a install, the site looks fine the contib works, but I have a problem with one contribution.
Randelia Custom Meta Tag per Item, wich is located here:
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3726

Unfortunately the metatags are not working and i have al lot of them.
I have posted this issue on the forum of the above contrib,

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=179128
but it seems to be a dead threat.
Anyone??

#6113   whitewolfspirits

whitewolfspirits
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

Is this not compatible with 2.3.1?
White Wolf Spirits

#6114   DunWeb

DunWeb

The Censored One

• Members
  • 13,083 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

@whitewolfspirits

No, STS was made extinct with the launch of v2.3.1.

You can use Theme Roller to change the look of v2.3.1

Chris
:|: Was this post helpful ? Click the LIKE THIS button :|:

See my Profile to learn more about add ons, templates, support plans and custom coding (click here)

#6115   abdelatif

abdelatif
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

View Postabdelatif, on 24 February 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

I am using STS module versie 4.6_1 on a RC2a install, the site looks fine the contib works, but I have a problem with one contribution.
Randelia Custom Meta Tag per Item, wich is located here:
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3726

Unfortunately the metatags are not working and i have al lot of them.
I have posted this issue on the forum of the above contrib,

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=179128
but it seems to be a dead threat.
Anyone??
I Finally uninstalled this contrib (randelia custom meta tag per item) and installed Header Tags SEO 3.2.8 with instructions how to work with STS.
Works like a charm!

#6116   whitewolfspirits

whitewolfspirits
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostDunWeb, on 28 February 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

@whitewolfspirits

No, STS was made extinct with the launch of v2.3.1.

You can use Theme Roller to change the look of v2.3.1

Chris

How do I install the theme I downloaded? I can't find the information.
White Wolf Spirits

#6117   robertwhitis

robertwhitis
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hello,

I am working on a project for a store that has been online for many years that is using version 2.2-MS2, not 2.2-MS2 milestone  2.

I wanted to recreate their installation on my local machine using xampp, which is using the latest version of PHP.

I did a fresh install of 2.2-MS2, installed the latest version of STS, and then performed a few updates to fix problems with deprecated functions.

I installed STS by copying / pasting / overwriting files, using the "Files for MS2" folder of the STS download.

Then, I performed a few fixes to clean up error messages I was receiving because I am using the latest version of PHP and 2.2-MS2 uses deprecated functions.

I updated the eregi() deprecated problems via: http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/341025-function-eregi-is-deprecated/

I turned off deprecated error reporting via: http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/343898-deprecated-function-session-is-registered-is-deprecated/

I addressed a fatal error message via: http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/166123-fatal-error-cannot-re-assign-this/

After doing all of this, I went into the admin area, selected modules, selected STS, and clicked the install button for the Default entry.

Nothing happened.

I then selected Index, Popup image, and Product info, and clicked install for each of them, which worked perfectly fine.

For some reason, clicking install for the Default entry is not working. I do not receive any error messages, the page simply refreshes and nothing happens, but as I said, clicking install for Index, Popup image, and Product info all installed just fine, and I'm able to edit them with no errors.

I went back and removed the ~E_DEPRECATED portion from both application_top.php files to turn back on deprecated error reporting, and doing so, clicking the install button resulted in a "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php:75) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 18" error message, and when I add the ~E_DEPRECATED portion back to the two application_top.php files to turn off deprecated error reporting, clicking install results in no error messages, the page simply refreshes and nothing happens.

Help!

Edited by robertwhitis, 16 March 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#6118   ce7

ce7
  • Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi,

is STS also works for osCommerce 2.3.1 version?

how to modify the php files, i copied the folder into my catalog proper location, but the module did not show any change. Please help, many thanks in advance.

ce7

#6119   lyinggod

lyinggod
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

I have installed STS on a fresh installation of OSC 2.2 and I am having a problem implementing category templates. The rest of STS seems to work fine. The problem relates to the "index.php.htm" template. This template works fine, however the template "index.php_21.html" is ignored when "catalog/index.php?cPath=21" is called. I have placed it in the root template folder and "/template/content" without success. I have "Use templates for index page" set to true.

I have limited knowledge of php so I am hoping that someone has a suggestion for a possible solution.

Thank you

#6120 ONLINE   WebSource 5

WebSource 5

ıllıllı < /> ıllıllı

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

View Postlyinggod, on 20 March 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

I have installed STS on a fresh installation of OSC 2.2 ...

It is strongly advised to move away from the 2.2 platform, especially when doing a fresh instalation. 2.3.X is structured in such a way that STS is no longer needed for ease of theming.

With the time you may very well spend working on STS and building out a theme you are satisfied with, the same could be accompished using the most up to date and secure version of osCommerce.

Another factor to think of is any future addons or updates.