• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101   ce7

ce7
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:29

Hi there,

I installed Database Backup Manager, which is great, but the email function doesn't seem works for me.

I had error message:
[SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: -1, response: Hello there.)]---> this is port 110 respond
POP Port is:110
[SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: -1, response: .)]---> this is port 225 respond
SMTP Port is: 25

I had IP trapped installed, at the beginning the email doesn't work but it took a while to send it to my email account.
I am not sure this will be the same as this time it said ERROR.

Can anyone please help?

Lyn

#102   pedrodriguez11

pedrodriguez11
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 00:08

Hi Jan,

thanks for you contribution. works fine with OsC 2.3.1 and save me a lot of space. Only one problem with emailing the file:
Email send error: Failed to connect to smtp.1and1.com:587 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]
My smtp host requires authentication: "(To send e-mail using the SMTP-Server, activate SMTP Authentication. Please do not use the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) option. Optionally, port 587 can also be used in addition to the default port (25) RFC 2476.).".
How can I activate that in the script of mail_backups.php? - Thanks.

#103   andrea.freddi

andrea.freddi
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:13

hello

i've installed this great contribution and everything seems to working fine, but when i try to send the backup file via email, i'm getting this message:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

what am i doing wrong, can you help me to get it running?

andrea

#104   andrea.freddi

andrea.freddi
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:10

hello

i've installed this great contribution and everything seems to working fine, but when i try to send the backup file via email, i'm getting this message:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

what am i doing wrong, can you help me to get it running?

andrea

osc 2.3.1 / database backup manager 1.5.2.1 sorry

#105   trier

trier
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:54

Hi, Thank you for yet another very helpful contribution - non zipped backups seem to be less than half the size of those from the standard osc backup and the option to backup/restore selected tables is very useful.

Sorry fot the trivia, but is line 190 of backup.php correct? if (!fp) { die ("No file handle open."); }

Should it be if (!$fp)?

The script ID reads v 1.5.1 though I believe it is the lastest 1.5.2

It's probably no too important, unfortunately I don't know/understand enough to be leave/change it.

Many thanks

#106   pedro.antunes

pedro.antunes
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30

Uploaded new version 1.5.2

Hi Sam,

I'm using your latest version, and I think I found a bug:
If a product model starts with 0, when we restore the database, the product model looses the starting 0. I checked the SQL and the correct product model is there, so the problem should be the database restore...

For example, if the product model is 012345, when we restore the database it will become 12345.

Can you have a look? I tried to check the code but I don't understand where the issue is...

Br

#107   pedro.antunes

pedro.antunes
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:37

My issue was with Auto Backup Database contribution, not with this one.

I fixed it and uploaded file to:
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2314
as I can't upload to the spooks location.

#108   mhsuffolk

mhsuffolk
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 13:03

Used this to great effect on my RC2a store. Now I have installed it in my test 2.3 store and the backups it creates do not contain the Create Table command after the Drop table if exists command. I have this on a local host. Extract of backup below. The RC2a local host version still works correctly. Any ideas please. Martin
# Backup Date: 12/08/2013 11:02:32
# Backed up tables: action_recorder, address_book, address_format, administrators, banners, banners_history, categories, categories_description, configuration, configuration_group, counter, counter_history, countries, currencies, customers, customers_basket, customers_basket_attributes, customers_info, geo_zones, information, information_group, languages, manufacturers, manufacturers_info, newsletters, orders, orders_products, orders_products_attributes, orders_products_download, orders_status, orders_status_history, orders_total, products, products_attributes, products_attributes_download, products_description, products_images, products_notifications, products_options, products_options_values, products_options_values_to_products_options, products_to_categories, reviews, reviews_description, sec_directory_whitelist, sessions, specials, tax_class, tax_rates, whos_online, zones, zones_to_geo_zones
drop table if exists `action_recorder`;
;
insert into `action_recorder` (`id`, `module`, `user_id`, `user_name`, `identifier`, `success`, `date_added`) values ('1','ar_admin_login','0','mhvideos','','0','2013-12-03 15:31:29'),
('2','ar_admin_login','0','mhvideos','','0','2013-12-03 15:31:39'),
('3','ar_admin_login','0','mhvideos','','0','2013-12-03 15:35:30'),
('4','ar_admin_login','0','mhvideos','','0','2013-12-03 15:35:53'),
('5','ar_admin_login','2','mhvideos','','1','2013-12-03 16:04:00'),
('6','ar_admin_login','0','mhvideos','','0','2013-12-06 17:29:12'),
('7','ar_admin_login','2','mhvideos','','1','2013-12-06 17:29:37'),
('8','ar_admin_login','2','mhvideos','','1','2013-12-06 18:01:32'),
('9','ar_admin_login','2','mhvideos','','1','2013-12-08 10:23:47');
drop table if exists `address_book`;
;
insert into `address_book` (`address_book_id`, `customers_id`, `entry_gender`, `entry_company`, `entry_firstname`, `entry_lastname`, `entry_street_address`, `entry_suburb`, `entry_postcode`, `entry_city`, `entry_state`, `entry_country_id`, `entry_zone_id`) values

OsC 2.3.3.4 PHP 5.4.21 MySQL 5.1.73-cll Apache 2.2.25

#109   mhsuffolk

mhsuffolk
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:31

Any ideas anybody?

Martin
OsC 2.3.3.4 PHP 5.4.21 MySQL 5.1.73-cll Apache 2.2.25

#110   kru

kru

Kru

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:28

Used this to great effect on my RC2a store. Now I have installed it in my test 2.3 store and the backups it creates do not contain the Create Table command after the Drop table if exists command. I have this on a local host. Extract of backup below. The RC2a local host version still works correctly. Any ideas please. Martin

He posted a link to a version specific to 2.3 one page back in this thread, I believe. Maybe you should check there. Perhaps there are additional changes for 2.3 that you will not find in the 2.2 thread...

Edited by kru, 06 March 2014 - 03:29.

Add-Ons personally installed:

Step by Step Manual Order -- Request Reviews -- Reviews in Product Listing -- Reviews in Product Display -- Review Approval System -- Leverage Browser Cache --
Header Tag Controller -- Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu -- Follow Us Box -- View All Products -- USPS Shipping Labels -- UPS Shipping Labels -- Monthly Sales/Tax Report --
htacess Optimisation -- Remove Unused Images -- Master Password -- Admin Change Customer Password -- Database Backup Manager -- Zero Stock Report --
Searchbox Search In Descriptions -- Easy Populate 2.76i -- Barcode Rendering

Add-Ons personally developed:

Search for email address, etc in Orders -- Discontinue Product

Add-Ons installed by others:

View Counter -- Site Monitor -- Image Thumbnailer -- Database Optimizer -- Recaptcha

#111   Cheloki

Cheloki
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:56

Hello:
My problem is that it gives me the following error when trying to install and make a copy of the database. The version I am using oscommerce is v2.3.3.4 :
Thanks for the help

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/xxxx.com/admin/backup.php on line 210

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/xxxx.com/admin/backup.php on line 183

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/xxxx.com/admin/backup.php:210) in /home/www/xxxx.com/admin
/includes/functions/general.php on line 38

Edited by Cheloki, 25 May 2014 - 05:00.

#112   fourmat

fourmat
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:10

Hello:
My problem is that it gives me the following error when trying to install and make a copy of the database. The version I am using oscommerce is v2.3.3.4 :
Thanks for the help

Warning: mysql_num_fields(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/xxxx.com/admin/backup.php on line 210

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/xxxx.com/admin/backup.php on line 183

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/xxxx.com/admin/backup.php:210) in /home/www/xxxx.com/admin
/includes/functions/general.php on line 38

I am having the same issue.  This happened when we made the upgrade to php 5.5.  Any ideas?

#113 ONLINE   geoffreywalton

geoffreywalton

Professional Developer

• Community Sponsor
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:07

You need to upgrade the contribution to work with 5.5.

The functions to access the db have changed.

HTH

G
Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner
My Contributions
Basic install answers.
Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.
UK your site.
Site Move.
Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

#114   Irin

Irin
  • Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:46

Hello,

I have a problem with restoring a previously saved database. It only gives the message below:

1065 - Query was empty

;

[TEP STOP]

Also, when I click Email button, it gives the message below. No email is sent.

Warning, PEAR Mail not found or insufficient to email backup, reverting to standard mail function.

Backup db_201412201511.sql sent by email OK

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.