• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error: 1146 - Table

getitdone99

Hello forum world!

We have moved an existing OS commerce cart (not created by us) to a new web host. The old host and programmers sent us a back up but forgot the SQL database (ps they our gone / out of business so no hope of retrieving).

We FTP the entire website backup to the new server. We created a SQL database from scratch.

Once we configured both config.php files, we were seeing a white screen w/ the 1146 table error. One thread here said to upload the table from the install zip and import it into the database using myphpadmin.

We did that and then the website finally appeared (graphic and what not), but now the error is appearing where the featured products should be.

Here is a link to the page: http://miziziafrika.com/index.php

We would appreciate any guideance we could get.

Hello forum world!

We have moved an existing OS commerce cart (not created by us) to a new web host. The old host and programmers sent us a back up but forgot the SQL database (ps they our gone / out of business so no hope of retrieving).

We FTP the entire website backup to the new server. We created a SQL database from scratch.

Once we configured both config.php files, we were seeing a white screen w/ the 1146 table error. One thread here said to upload the table from the install zip and import it into the database using myphpadmin.

We did that and then the website finally appeared (graphic and what not), but now the error is appearing where the featured products should be.

Here is a link to the page: http://miziziafrika.com/index.php

We would appreciate any guideance we could get.

Please check the value you hae provided in the includes/database_tables.php file.. seems like for the TABLE_CONFIGURATION table you have specified.. newsdesk_configuration as the value.. please check the database and give the right value it shoudl work fine..

REgards

Hari

The error states:

1146 - Table 'miziziaf_mizizi.newsdesk_configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from newsdesk_configuration

Look at page 'catalog/application_top.php' Line 70:

$configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);

If your database is default - Apparently your database tables are named wrong.

TABLE_CONFIGURATION = 'configuration' not 'newsdesk_configuration'..

Page 'catalog/includes/database_tables.php'

Lloyd

Thank you gentlemen for your feedback! Much appreciated.

I have checked the database_tables.php file and the setting is:

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

Which is correct right?

Side note - the OSC commerce files were uploaded from the old web host, they did not provide the SQL database so we created it from scratch, imported the database tables from the os commerce install zip via myPhp. Does it look like the old web host may have made custom tables?

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

Does it look like the old web host may have made custom tables?

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration'); would be right, however the error states;

1146 - Table 'miziziaf_mizizi.newsdesk_configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from newsdesk_configuration

Once again,

Look at page 'catalog/application_top.php' Line 70:

$configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);

Is it stated as above? If not, then make it so and see what happens..

Lloyd

• 9 months later...
I also have this problem. I believe you meant "catalog/includes/application_top.php." Am I right?

Anyways, line 70 was the same. What now?

-------

A little while after I posted this, I added this to catalog/included/application_top.php and it worked.

define('TABLE_THEME_CONFIGURATION', 'theme_configuration');

Does it look like the old web host may have made custom tables?

I'm thinking that someone tried to install a contribution called Infobox Admin. and then reloaded the backup of the application_top.php file. At least that's what I did - I think.

• 2 years later...

I am having a similar problem. At the bottom of my site this error is appearing:

1146 - Table 'gvshopdb.TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist

select startdate, counter from TABLE_COUNTER

[TEP STOP]

What does this mean and how do I fix it? Thanks!

1146 - Table 'gvshopdb.TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist

What does this mean and how do I fix it? Thanks!

Looks like this define is missing in the file catalog/includes/database_tables.php:

define('TABLE_COUNTER', 'counter');

Archived