• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Hi Henri,

The affi mod is excellent. It becomes bigger and bigger every day - Steve and you did really a great job!

I looked through your affi mod and came across some suggestions (marked with SUG) and questions (marked ???). Perhaps you could help me on it:

Admin

1. ??? - Summary - Clicktroughs. if time goes on - is this list going to be extremly long, or is there a method to say "Delete Clicktrough Entries older than 3 months" or so.

2. SUG - Summary - Affiliates - could you have this list kind of sorted? Like sort by Name

3. SUG - Payment - could this list be sorted? by payment and by date

4. SUG - Sales - same here, kind of sort by name and sort by amount would be great.

5. ??? - Affi Payment - Having trouble understanding the "START BILLING" function. What should it do? - Generate invoices? - change the status from billing to payed? - just cant get it. Let me know what it does?

Configuration

6. SUG - Configuration - Affiliate Program. Looking through this topic - I found already some questions in this forum where anybody asks for "How to adjust cooki lifetime" or other things in that part.

Wouldn't it be better to have the whole configuration section moved down from the "Configuration-Section" to the "Affiliates" Menu in the admin area?

Users will than find this area more easily.

7. SUG - Configuration - Could you have the AFFILIATE_BILLING_TIME Variable also be displayed and changed in the affiliate prog configuration section? It is a very important variable - so if the user has to change it manually in the admin/includes/afiliate_configure.php - it might lead to too many questions from users (like me in the past :D ) why billing doesn't work.

So having this variable in the config section would certainly prevent dummies like me from asking.

Henri, sorry for the large number of questions and suggestions, but perhaps it helps clearing some areas users might have.

(decided to post the topic here - instead of mailing to you - so users with same kind of questions will be covered as well)

Servus, :D

EL Bavaro

Admin

1. ??? -  Summary - Clicktroughs. if time goes on - is this list going to be extremly long, or is there a method to say "Delete Clicktrough Entries older than 3 months" or so.

is to be going extremly long. -> goes to todo

2. SUG -  Summary - Affiliates - could you have this list kind of sorted? Like sort by Name

3. SUG - Payment - could this list be sorted? by payment and by date

4. SUG - Sales - same here, kind of sort by name and sort by amount would be great.

Sorting: I look into it

5. ??? - Affi Payment - Having trouble understanding the "START BILLING" function. What should it do? - Generate invoices? - change the status from billing to payed? - just cant get it. Let me know what it does?

What does this function do:

It checks which affiliate has earned enough to get money since last billing.

Only orders with status 3 (delivered) or higher (can be set with AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS) are considered.

and the Orders must be AFFILIATE_BILLING_TIME days old (and not have been billed before).

Then you can get a list with a affis who get money from you (-> invoices are possible; if you pay then you can change the status to payed)

Configuration

6. SUG - Configuration - Affiliate Program. Looking through this topic - I found already some questions in this forum where anybody asks for "How to adjust cooki lifetime" or other things in that part.

Wouldn't it be better to have the whole configuration section moved down from the "Configuration-Section" to the "Affiliates" Menu in the admin area?

Users will than find this area more easily.

No, not possible (or with a lot of work)

7. SUG - Configuration - Could you have the AFFILIATE_BILLING_TIME Variable also be displayed and changed in the affiliate prog configuration section? It is a very important variable - so if the user has to change it manually in the admin/includes/afiliate_configure.php - it might lead to too many questions from users (like me in the past :D ) why billing doesn't work.

So having this variable in the config section would certainly prevent dummies like me from asking.

Was thinking about it;

but normally you don't change this (or only once), and it's only used in the admin, registration it for the catalog part isn't usefull.

There's an install.txt and a faq :)

Cu Henri

I found this OSC-affiliate mod very very good...

But I have some problems.

I can't find a way to not displaying for the aff member his comissions until I received the money from the purchaced product.

Or, if the sale was not approved by me (as admin) or wasn't finished I can't remove the commision from the aff member account. It is still there and the aff member ask me for his money.

On the other hand, I have the same problem with that "START BILLING" button and function.

Nothing happen.

Thank you very very much for this good and usefull work.

Clement

Read the Thread

From the FAQ:

Q:Affi Payment - Having trouble understanding the "START BILLING" function

A: What does this function do:

It checks which affiliate has earned enough to get money since last billing.

Only orders with status 3 (delivered) or higher (can be set with AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS) are considered.

and the Orders must be AFFILIATE_BILLING_TIME days old (and not have been billed before).

Then you can get a list with a affis who get money from you (-> invoices are possible; if you pay then you can change the status to payed)

The Variables are set in: affiliate_configure.php and Admin->Konfiguration->affiliate

ok. I undertand that.

My question is:

What is happening with invalid sales or moneyback query from coustomers ?

The affiliate member still see the sale after I remove the order.

Thank you,

P.S. I use OSC SnapShot from 15 dec. 2002

Hmm removing order?

Not thought about this.

But Affiliate sees the sale one day, next day it gone. What's he thinking then?

Add an Status: money refunded and put the order to that status -> affiliate sees this and knows what happend.

Ok. I'll put here a certain situation. (This situation is on my testing site right now).

I have 6 transactions from the same affiliate.

From this 6 transactions: 1 was removed (deleted) by me. And 2 are with pending status.

All the sales was made 3 days ago.

In the affiliate accont we have the following messages:

1. In the sales report page a message say "Your current earnings amount to: XXXX USD" - This ammount of affiliate earnings include the deleted sale and the 2 pending sales.

2. In the affiliate summary is the same situation. Commission: [?] XXXX USD

If I insert a new order status, as refunded, this situation will not change. This means the affiliate must check everyday in the sales list and ignore the summary.

Maybe it usefull (if it's possible) to use the AFFILIATE_PAYMENT_ORDER_MIN_STATUS for the affiliate panel, too. Not only in payments.

Hi Henri and everyone else.

Just went and had a peek at the demo but its not working properly.

Im glad you have done a lot of work on the module and brought it one step closer to perfect.

Ill get involved again as soon as i can.

I do have one suggestion as something to add in the mean time, How about a PayPal module to allow the affiliates to be payed via PayPal?

Im sure it wouldnt be tooo hard to do.

I try to add the total sales to the first row of the admin/affiliates. But i get only 0,00 Euro in the Table. Here is the tag......

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $currencies->display_price($affiliate_sales['affiliate_amount'], ''); ?></td>

Smigo

OK - there is so much on this fourm that i can't understand wot is in this module. Can someone recap:

How's it calculate payments etc, can it remember where people first clicked from etc...

Also wot's still to be done and can it be used yet?

Jeremy

I recomend the Evelyn Woodhead sped reding corse to all my frends.

And my vocabary has improvd wonderfuly and my comprhension has incresed.

Ok, I found them in the english/affiliate_signup.php. All of the information is in there, but it is not pulling the info correctly.

Code Below:

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Affiliate Program');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Affiliate Program - Sign Up');

define('ENTRY_LAST_NAME_ERROR', '?<small><font color="#FF0000">min ' . ENTRY_LAST_NAME_MIN_LENGTH . ' chars</font></small>');

define('NAV_AFFILIATE_PAYABLE', 'Payee Name:<br><small> Enter the name exactly as it should appear on the check</small>');

define('ENTRY_AFFILIATE_PAYABLE_ERROR', '?<small><font color="#FF0000">min ' . ENTRY_LAST_NAME_MIN_LENGTH . ' chars</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_PAYABLE_NAME_TEXT', '?<small><font color="#AABBDD">required</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS2', 'Street2:');

define('ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS2_ERROR', '?<small><font color="#FF0000">min ' . ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS_MIN_LENGTH . ' chars</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS2_TEXT', '?<small><font color="#AABBDD">optional</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_HOMEPAGE_MIN_LENGTH',7);

define('ENTRY_HOMEPAGE', 'Homepage:');

define('ENTRY_HOMEPAGE_ERROR', '?<small><font color="#FF0000">min ' . ENTRY_HOMEPAGE_MIN_LENGTH . ' chars</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_HOMEPAGE_TEXT', '?<small><font color="#AABBDD">required</font></small>');

define('ENTRY_AFFILIATE_ACCEPT_AGB', 'Check here to indicate that you have read and agree to the <a target="_new" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_TERMS, '', 'SSL') . '">Affiate Terms & Conditions.</a>');

define('ENTRY_AFFILIATE_AGB_ERROR', '?<small><font color="#FF0000">You must accept our Terms and Conditions</font></small>');

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_SUBJECT','Welcome to the Affiliate Program');

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_HEADER','Dear Affiliate,

thank you for joining the Affiliate Program.

Your Account Information:

');

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_ID','Your Affiliate ID is: ');

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_USERNAME','Your Affiliate Username is: ');

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_PASSWORD','Your Password is: ');

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_LINK','Link into your account here:

');

define('MAIL_AFFILIATE_FOOTER','Have fun earning referal fees!

Your Affiliate Team');

?>

I've installed all the OsAffiliate files - ftp'd them to the admin and catalog, and then copied all the catalog files into the httpS:directory so that affiliates could make an account. I can't log into phpMyAdmin to upload the affiliate

sql file. And when I try to sign in for either my shopping cart or for the affiliate program, I get this error

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/hand-dyedfibers.com/httpsdocs/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 103

Help please - I can't use the store as it is... :(

Vikki

Vikki,

First, to get your store back up and going, restore the backup you made of your files.

Then call your ISP to get help with PHPMyAdmin. If they are a decent web hosting company, they should allow you access to PHPMyAdmin.

Until you can upload the affiliate.sql file, you will not be able to use your cart.

I've always been able to access it before....

this is probably a stupid question to you guys - but I didn't DO anything to database.php and I would be surprised if the OSCAffiliate php's did anything to it. The modules are all so affiliate based and there was so little to add to the main files..

So my embarrassing question is - could it be a server problem, that the database itself isn't available? Or maybe to put it another way - could I have done this from my computer???

I go to PHPMyAdmin, and type in my username and password, and get Not Allowed, for admin@localhost password YES

which of course isn't what I put in at all...

I hate to uninstall OSCAffiliate if it isn't the problem. I have written my hosting company and they haven't written back which is a surprise in itself as they usually respond right away, leading me to believe this isn't MY problem or the module that I installed problem...

Vikki

As I'd hoped, the data base problem wasn't mine and it was fixed somehow last night. I went in this morning and added the sql table and the module is just wonderful! What a smooth install Henri!!! I don't see your Paypal address for a donation in the text file though - could you please supply it for me?

Now my few questions. Below - what the affiliate log in forms looks like.

Could someone please tell me where that is located and how to fix it? It works - it just looks terrible.

And then - where do I edit the Affiliate information that the potential sign-in sees, in the cart? (catalog/includes/languages/english/affiliate_faq.php?) but where can I find the place to edit it?

ENTRY_FIRST_NAME ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT

ENTRY_LAST_NAME ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT

Payee Name:

Enter the name exactly as it should appear on the check required ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_TEXT ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS_TEXT Street2: optional ENTRY_CITY ENTRY_CITY_TEXT ENTRY_POST_CODE ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT

Wonderful add-on Henri!!!

Vikki

Due to lack of time i didn't manage to get everything done, i wanted to do.

But i promissed to release a new version.

what's new:

- Buttons thx to elbavaro

- a lot of code optimation

- things i mentioned here before

Demo is working again.

Didn't had a chance to test it very much so i hope it works.

I'm going to denmark now for a week visiting relatives, so all of you have a Happy Chrismas.

Henri

I don't see your Paypal address for a donation in the text file though - could you please supply it for me?

No Paypal for me yet. But as i recall Steve has one.

So donate to him...

All language files are in the language orders (some as the filename).

If they are there, then they should be displayed. (Take the search routine to find the stuff you want to change)

Cu Henri

I am so anxious to get this module working - I have recently installed on 12-10-02 snapshot (2.2) and here are the errors that I am receiving:

As a customer signing up for affiliate - I am able to sign up and get confirmation page - when I click on the continue button after completing form (this appears when trying to redirec to affiliate_summary.php), I receive this error:

1146 - Table 'databasename.affiliate_banners_history' doesn't exist

select sum(affiliate_banners_shown) as count from affiliate_banners_history where affiliate_banners_affiliate_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

also in admin areas these are the errors:

First of all, Affiliate is NOT listed in Configuration section under downloads so I cannot set my specifics.

I do however have an Affiliate section under Reports section that includes

Summary

Affiliates

Payment

Sales

Clicks

Banners

Contact

If I click on Summary - I get:

1146 - Table 'databasename.affiliate_banners_history' doesn't exist

select sum(affiliate_banners_shown) as count from affiliate_banners_history

[TEP STOP]

If I click on Affiliates - I get:

1146 - Table 'databasename.affiliate_sales' doesn't exist

select sum(affiliate_value) as value, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from affiliate_sales where affiliate_id = '1'

Click on Payment - I get:

1146 - Table 'databasename.affiliate_payment' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from affiliate_payment p , affiliate_payment_status s where p.affiliate_payment_status = s.affiliate_payment_status_id and s.affiliate_language_id = '1'

Click on Sales - I get:

1146 - Table 'databasename.affiliate_sales' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from affiliate_sales asale left join orders o on (asale.affiliate_orders_id=o.orders_id) left join orders_status os on (o.orders_status=os.orders_status_id and language_id=1) left join affiliate_affiliate a on (a.affiliate_id = asale.affiliate_id) order by affiliate_date desc

[TEP STOP]

Click on clicks - I get:

1146 - Table 'databasename.affiliate_clickthroughs' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from affiliate_clickthroughs ac left join products p on (p.products_id=ac.affiliate_products_id ) left join products_description pd on ( pd.products_id=p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1') left join affiliate_affiliate a on (a.affiliate_id = ac.affiliate_id) ORDER BY ac.affiliate_clientdate desc

[TEP STOP]

Click on Banners - I get:

1146 - Table 'databasename.affiliate_banners' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from affiliate_banners

Click on Contact - no errors

Obviously these are all database errors - am I missing another sql file or something? The sql file I have does not include any of these tables - what am I missing?

Thanks!