Links Manager II

• Please log in to reply
1157 replies to this topic

#41   CD Monster

CD Monster
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 15:15

Thanks Jack, Im begining to think its something in my template. I now also remember a simular happening to me with a mod about a year ago so maybe its the template - especially since no one else has this issue.

Its nice to see devoted and genorous people like you who will be there-- thanks again Jack. I'll be watchin !! /cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Jack, a quick update: I disabled "View Categories" , I created one main catagory and now the links show and click to correctly, so its working outside of the main parent categories section. I can live with this - just showing all the links in one catagory. So I won't get the ..domain.net/parentid/|path .. error.
Just in case this gives some insight.

Thanks, this is a very smart link program!!! Im a Happy Camper.

/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />
Music is body splash for the soul.

#42   staradmire

staradmire
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 15:21

Another problem I have is. I have added my information for link exchange it shows just fine in admin, but when I click the link on the site it still has the default information in it,

Our Website Information

Link Name: Link Name
Link Description: My home page sells the best products you can imagine.
Link URL: http://www.myhomepage.com

#43   staradmire

staradmire
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 15:27

Jack, a quick update: I disabled "View Categories" , I created one main catagory and now the links show and click to correctly, so its working outside of the main parent categories section. I can live with this - just showing all the links in one catagory. So I won't get the ..domain.net/parentid/|path .. error.
Just in case this gives some insight.

Thanks, this is a very smart link program!!! Im a Happy Camper.

/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

Hmm I did the same thing after seeing this persons post and all my links show up now. except for my information of course.

Is there anyway to fix this category issue, I have an adult store and my categories are really important.

Thank you for this mod too, it is wonderful.

Now if I can just get my link info to show, and the category list to work right.

#44   gregy

gregy
  • Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 16:23

hmm .. in admin/links.php

1064 - syntax error near '( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) ' at line 1

select count(*) as total from links l left join ( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id )

also in admin/links_status.php

1064 - syntax error near '( links_description ld, links_check lc, links_status ls ) on ( l.links_id = ld.' at line 1

select count(*) as total from links l LEFT JOIN ( links_description ld, links_check lc, links_status ls ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id and l.links_id = lc.links_id and l.links_status = ls.links_status_id ) where ls.language_id = '4'

ok .. i checked everything once more .. i rechecked uploads and i still receive following errors;

admin/links_status.php
1064 - syntax error near '( links_description ld, links_check lc, links_status ls ) on ( l.links_id = ld.' at line 1

select count(*) as total from links l LEFT JOIN ( links_description ld, links_check lc, links_status ls ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id and l.links_id = lc.links_id and l.links_status = ls.links_status_id ) where ls.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

admin/links.php
1064 - syntax error near '( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id ) ' at line 1

select count(*) as total from links l left join ( links_description ld ) on ( l.links_id = ld.links_id )

[TEP STOP]

catalog/links.php
1064 - syntax error near '( links_description ld, links_to_link_categories l2c, link_categories lc ) on (l' at line 1

select l.links_status from links l LEFT JOIN ( links_description ld, links_to_link_categories l2c, link_categories lc ) on (l.links_status = 2 and ld.language_id = '4' and l2c.links_id = l.links_id and lc.parent_id = '0')

[TEP STOP]

catalog/links_submit.php is blank page .. at the moment i cannot view php error reporting /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

thanx for your time ..

#45   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 19:08

Hmm I did the same thing after seeing this persons post and all my links show up now. except for my information of course.

Is there anyway to fix this category issue, I have an adult store and my categories are really important.

Thank you for this mod too, it is wonderful.

Now if I can just get my link info to show, and the category list to work right.

Did you replace all of your files with the ones in the new version and make the database changes? The link information is just standard oscommerce code. There shouldn't be any reason it is not showing except for an installation error, at least none I can think of. For the category problem, it may be related to the php and/or mysql version you are using. But I can't fix it if I can't see the problem, which I can't. If I find a solution, I will post it but there is no telling when that might be.

Jack

#46   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 19:11

ok .. i checked everything once more .. i rechecked uploads and i still receive following errors;

admin/links_status.php

[TEP STOP]

admin/links.php

[TEP STOP]

catalog/links.php
1064 - syntax error near '( links_description ld, links_to_link_categories l2c, link_categories lc ) on (l' at line 1

select l.links_status from links l LEFT JOIN ( links_description ld, links_to_link_categories l2c, link_categories lc ) on (l.links_status = 2 and ld.language_id = '4' and l2c.links_id = l.links_id and lc.parent_id = '0')

[TEP STOP]

catalog/links_submit.php is blank page .. at the moment i cannot view php error reporting /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

thanx for your time ..

Maybe it is related to the language? Have you tried adding a link in English to see if that will work? Also try editing the link and setting the language option to All.

Jack

#47   staradmire

staradmire
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 19:31

Did you replace all of your files with the ones in the new version and make the database changes? The link information is just standard oscommerce code. There shouldn't be any reason it is not showing except for an installation error, at least none I can think of. For the category problem, it may be related to the php and/or mysql version you are using. But I can't fix it if I can't see the problem, which I can't. If I find a solution, I will post it but there is no telling when that might be.

Jack

I did find the my information problem... I thought you could do it through the admin area like the one before. I didnt realize it had to be done in the php file instead on this one, which I have done. Thank you.

As far as the category page not working, for some reason it just will not go to the page when category is clicked. You can see the link changing in the browser it has the parent id thing and the number changes, but all it does is refresh the page and stay on the categories page. Once you change display links in categories in admin to false it shows all links on one page.

#48   staradmire

staradmire
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 19:38

yes .. the only fix was this one at #19

i still receive
at admin/links.php

I dont want to step on any toes, but just trying to help
I was wondering if you made these changes in phpmyadmin? I was getting the same error until I realized that this had to be done.

2) Run the following command in phpmyadmin:

ALTER TABLE `links` ADD `links_reciprocal_disable` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `links_reciprocal_url` ;
ALTER TABLE `links` ADD `links_reciprocal_check_count` tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `links_reciprocal_disable` ;
ALTER TABLE `links` ADD `links_partner_username` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
ALTER TABLE `links` ADD `links_partner_password` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
ALTER TABLE `link_categories` ADD `parent_id` INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `link_categories_id` ;
ALTER TABLE `link_categories_description` ADD `link_categories_description_subtext` LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `links_featured` ADD `links_all_pages` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

#49   Electrodrome

Electrodrome
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 14:01

Hi there,

I have installed Link Manager II 1.17 and get following error if click on linkmanager in the admin area:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_categories_status() (previously declared in /srv/www/web1/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /srv/www/web1/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/links.php on line 363

Further I have installed: Enable & Disable Categories 1.6.12

Is there a collision with that contrib?

I've no idea to solve that problem. Please help me...

Edited by Electrodrome, 22 July 2007 - 14:02.

#50   Electrodrome

Electrodrome
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 15:59

Hi there,

I have installed Link Manager II 1.17 and get following error if click on linkmanager in the admin area:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_categories_status() (previously declared in /srv/www/web1/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /srv/www/web1/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/links.php on line 363

Further I have installed: Enable & Disable Categories 1.6.12

Is there a collision with that contrib?

I've no idea to solve that problem. Please help me...

in the file admin/includes/functions/links.php in line 363 is this function:

// Sets the status of a link
function tep_set_categories_status($cat_id, $status) {
return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " set link_categories_status = '" . (int)$status . "', link_categories_last_modified = now() where link_categories_id = '" . (int)$cat_id . "'");
if ($status == '10' || $status == '11') {
$status -= 10; //needed to distinguish between links status
return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_LINK_CATEGORIES . " set link_categories_status = '" . (int)$status . "', link_categories_last_modified = now() where link_categories_id = '" . (int)$cat_id . "'");
} else {
return -1;
}
}
////

the declaration of tep_set_categories_status is the same as in Enable & Disable Categories 1.6.12

In which further files must I modify this tep_set_categories to i.e. tep_set_linkcategories_status ???

#51   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 18:45

There can only be one instance of a function. You will need to delete one them, assuming the code is the same. If not, you will need to rename one of them and anywhere where the function is called.

Jack

#52   staradmire

staradmire
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 00:03

Jack

Ok, it is the fact that allow seo urls still in development is says. I shut that off and they go into categories. Click the category link and everything works like normal. I would rather use the seo links. Anyway that you can give me a code or something to fix this to make it work?

#53   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 00:39

The SEO Url option is admin does not work for many servers and is not recommended, even for the ones it does work, since the generated url's are not properly optimized. You are better advised to install the Ultimate SEO contribution.

Jack

#54   staradmire

staradmire
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:05

The SEO Url option is admin does not work for many servers and is not recommended, even for the ones it does work, since the generated url's are not properly optimized. You are better advised to install the Ultimate SEO contribution.

Jack

Thank you very much. Your help and updated mod have been very much appreciated.

#55   gregy

gregy
  • Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:46

back on track with dispaly error ON ..

so .. when i try tu submit link via links_submit.php it resides on normal server .. when hitting Continue script goes to secure server where it says

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/web/secure.domain/www/links_submit.php on line 17

Warning: main(includes/functions/links.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/web/secure.domain/www/links_submit.php on line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/links.php' (include_path='.:/usr/pkg/include/php:/usr/pkg/lib/php:/usr/pkg/share/php-jpgraph') in /home/web/secure.domain/www/links_submit.php on line 17

all files are uploaded also to secure server

!?

#56   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:49

I'm sorry but I don't have any suggestions. Servers running dual directories like that can present problems. All I can suggest s to ensure all of the files are uploaded to both, which it sounds like you have done.

Jack

#57   gregy

gregy
  • Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:10

there are several lines in links_submit.php where SSL is mentioned. Can i remove those SSLs?

#58   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 15:29

You can't remove them but you can change the SSL to NONSSL. That will tell it not to use SSL on those pages.

Jack

#59   gregy

gregy
  • Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 20:24

yes .. the only fix was this one at #19

i still receive
at admin/links.php

hmm .. could it be, cause i'm on mysql3?

The error 1064 occurs due to Mysql version mismatch,because differnt
versions have differnt
reserved words,which if used by a previous version causes the error to
occur.

#60   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,548 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 22:33

hmm .. could it be, cause i'm on mysql3?

Could be. That is an extremely old version. Most code for oscommerce, where it makes a difference, generally requires V 4.1 or higher.

Jack