• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

big trouble in little netscape land

Trusten

Hi Trusten,

If you need some help, I would suggest a little more information from you might help. Depending on which version you are using could be significant in trying to figure out the problem. I have found that Netscape does have some issues but this is with all browsers. If you are still having problems (I too am having some problems with Netscape), I would be willing to help out somewhat.....

I will watch this thread in the future.....

cheers,

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

gravy.

yeah, ok, i tried on netscape 4.7

everything's HUGE

but at least it takes me through check out. on Netscape 6, which one would figure would work best, nope, no go.

as soon as i click on a topci, firstly, it won't wrap the text, so ci an't even click on in cart because the right collumn overlaps, but i try to go to 'my account'

it will autmoatically refuse me and the site is not available. yet it works fine with netscape 4.7

i wonder if i should do my utmost to make it available, or just saay forget it and move on.

also, one of my friends got this error,

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: www.mysite.com:443 

The following error was encountered: 

Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.mysite.com 

The dnsserver returned: 

Name Server for domain 'www.animeglore.com' is unavailable. 

This means that: 

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. 

Check if the address is correct. 

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

i'm using osc 2.2

Netscape 4.7 does not like stylsheets. osC 2.2 depends heavily on stylesheets so that is a known problem.

Netscape 6 has been giving me difficulties on some sites too, try looking at the security settings. Might be the use of a cache, check those settings too.

As for your friends error:

That's a cache / dns issue and does not seem osCommerce related.

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

you sure?

cuz i didn't have any trouble showing the site and i have no trouble viewing it. that friend was from the philipinese, and now the friend from oz-land (austrialia) is having trouble too.

wtf?

if i send them to the front page which is only a jpg, they can see it. so did i mess something up in my code?

Archived