• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My Paypal Payment Keeps Going In German Language

alkhataat

Hello every one

I have no German language on my site, but my account is in Germany, I tried many ways for making the customer ends in an English paypal payment page but did not succeed, Paypal support informed me that the setup is from my Osc site, can any one advise what are the needed changes please.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Ahmed

• 2 weeks later...
Hello every one

I have no German language on my site, but my account is in Germany, I tried many ways for making the customer ends in an English paypal payment page but did not succeed, Paypal support informed me that the setup is from my Osc site, can any one advise what are the needed changes please.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Ahmed

Sorry dude, you just simply can't change it ... here's some info I found on another site.

Quote:

I was going to buy something using Paypal and gave up. I live in Switzerland where 3 different languages are spoken (I'm French speaking like 20% of the Swiss population). Paypal automatically switches to German as soon as you specify your country as being Switzerland. I understand a little German but certainly not enough to agree to any legal clause which you are asked to do when opening an account.

Even trying to send an email to Paypal to complain proved difficult as it insisted in providing me with a German form. I managed at the end but got no reply.

I just thought I'd mention that over a year has passed since I first posted this message and nothing has been done to resolve this issue. I just called Paypal tech support today and they confirmed that there's still no way of displaying the payment page in the appropriate language.

Apparently the all powerful Paypal Gods have decided that only one language can be spoken in any given country. In the meanwhile, companies that do business in other languages have to deal with the fact that their clients can't understand the payment forms they're presented with and I can only watch and sigh as my conversion rates plummet and my support staff is flooded with payment-related problem emails...

I'm sorry guys, but it's plain that PayPal couldn't give a twopenny toss about this issue. Despite its obvious importance for those of us who trade in different languages or across country borders, they have not made one move to do anything at all about this problem - which was originally raised over 18 months ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry dude, you just simply can't change it ... here's some info I found on another site.

Quote:

I was going to buy something using Paypal and gave up. I live in Switzerland where 3 different languages are spoken (I'm French speaking like 20% of the Swiss population). Paypal automatically switches to German as soon as you specify your country as being Switzerland. I understand a little German but certainly not enough to agree to any legal clause which you are asked to do when opening an account.

Even trying to send an email to Paypal to complain proved difficult as it insisted in providing me with a German form. I managed at the end but got no reply.

I just thought I'd mention that over a year has passed since I first posted this message and nothing has been done to resolve this issue. I just called Paypal tech support today and they confirmed that there's still no way of displaying the payment page in the appropriate language.

Apparently the all powerful Paypal Gods have decided that only one language can be spoken in any given country. In the meanwhile, companies that do business in other languages have to deal with the fact that their clients can't understand the payment forms they're presented with and I can only watch and sigh as my conversion rates plummet and my support staff is flooded with payment-related problem emails...

I'm sorry guys, but it's plain that PayPal couldn't give a twopenny toss about this issue. Despite its obvious importance for those of us who trade in different languages or across country borders, they have not made one move to do anything at all about this problem - which was originally raised over 18 months ago.

Hi David,

Thanks for caring to write back

I managed to change every thing to English language when I login to my paypal account, but the problem comes when any person tries to buy my products where he will be directed to a German language checkout payment page.

Thanks again for your contribution

Best of luck

Ahmed

• 3 weeks later...