i would like add different (long) text to evry order status notification

order

xxxxxxxxxxxx

processing

yyyyyyyyyyyy

sended

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is possible?

I know that i can modify the first text in my payment module ex MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER...but if i add text it always seems ..to long and the system gives an error.

And the other mail...how to change?

If the status-change text is always the same you could do it with a check in the admin page that sends the e-mail.

something like

// this is theoretical and will not actually work

if ($status_id == 1) {

$email = $email . MY_EXTRA_FOR_1;

}

Downside is you'll have to add a statement / define for each status you have.

You could also add a text field in the admin that gets added to the mail but that is more difficult.

HTH

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

i think that i had to work in /admin/order.php

around line 37 u can find this:

$customer_notified = '0';

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on') {

$email = STORE_NAME . "n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "nn" . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, nl2br($email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');

$customer_notified = '1';

}

I could replace with a code similar to:

$customer_notified = '0';

if ( ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on') && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['order_status_id'] == '2') ) {

$email = STORE_NAME . "n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "nn" . EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE_MINE2;

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, nl2br($email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');

elseif == '3') ) {

$email = STORE_NAME . "n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "nn" . EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE_MINE3;

$customer_notified = '1';

}

What do u think about? and the code could be correct?

tnx

I would also like to add custom text to the email that is sent to confirm the order.

In addition to the change in admin/orders.php that you posted, can you please post the other changes you made to make this work.

Thanks for your help.

Archived