• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Desperate For Help!

dstole

Yesterday the owner of the store informed me he was getting multiple orders from the same person.

I looked into it and it seems that an error is being generated after check-out. Everything goes well, excelt that instaed of the Thank you page we get

"2006 - MySQL server has gone away

delete from customers_basket where customers_id = '249'

[TEP STOP]

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '34b685ce68cbccbb763a13ca738924f2'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0"

This has happened all of a sudden. Until yesterday we were getting the orders, but as of today they are no longer coming to us.

Any ideas?

This is very busy store with a decent niche market base so I need to get thinsg fixed ASAP.

Any help would be vewry much appreciated.

Thank you

The mysql server limits the amount of persistent connections, set USE_PCONNECT to false in the configure.php files or ask the provider to allow more persistent connection from your site.

The mysql server limits the amount of persistent connections, set USE_PCONNECT to false in the configure.php files or ask the provider to allow more persistent connection from your site.

Thank you, I checked the config files and they were set to false already.

Today I am also getting this error on our product pages...

1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

select p.products_id, p.products_image from orders_products opa, orders_products opb, orders o, products p where opa.products_id = '1460' and opa.orders_id = opb.orders_id and opb.products_id != '1460' and opb.products_id = p.products_id and opb.orders_id = o.orders_id and p.products_status = '1' group by p.products_id order by o.date_purchased desc limit 6

Should I just delete the entire store and start again (don't want to loose our client accounts).

Really stuck as the store is live and loosing business daily.

Any one with any advice please let me know, and even a quote on a fix would be considered.

Thanks

Ask Your hosting company if there was an update on Mysql version to mysql 5+ if so apply the osc patches that had been released.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to get both problems fixed.

The check out error was something the hosting company fixed (that was a result of the upgrading mySQL).

The second error was solved by running a script on the mysql file. I am not sure how it woulod work for you but I was told to run the following via ssh

at the mysql prompt

use databaseName;

create index nfidx1 on orders_products(products_id);

This did the trick.

• 2 months later...
I was able to get both problems fixed.

The check out error was something the hosting company fixed (that was a result of the upgrading mySQL).

This did the trick.

I have the same double checkout order and error problems. What did your hosting company do to fix it?

Archived