• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

contact form - email

Hello, I have a problem. When a potential customer comes to the contact page and fills in his e-mail and requested information and send it, I receive the e-mail from my server but there is not information of the potential customer shown anywhere. Does any one could help with this?. I can not answer them because there is not e-mail reference to get back to them :-(.

I would appreciate any help.. my web site is: www.casa-castillo.com

thanks

salvador castillo

Hello, I have a problem. When a potential customer comes to the contact page and fills in his e-mail and requested information and send it, I receive the e-mail from my server but there is not information of the potential customer shown anywhere. Does any one could help with this?. I can not answer them because there is not e-mail reference to get back to them :-(.

I would appreciate any help.. my web site is: www.casa-castillo.com

thanks

salvador castillo

Did you get my test email?

Yes I got it, but still dont see your e-mail address, what I get is this: [email protected] ; seems like the server is the one sending me the e-mail but with no information about the potential customer's e-mail.

Thanks for your help

Sal

I put my name and email in.

Do you use the standard contact us page (I don't so I forget what it looks like)?

If not, why not post the file, if you do, try replacing it with the latest.

I put my name and email in.

Do you use the standard contact us page (I don't so I forget what it looks like)?

If not, why not post the file, if you do, try replacing it with the latest.

Thanks again, I Dont know anything about programing or so,, somebody was helping me, but he did nothing., I bought this template from someplace in the internet, and that is how I got the website,, not sure what version is, or what is the problem.. oh well, I will be hiring someone soon to help me with this

thanks again

Thanks again, I Dont know anything about programing or so,, somebody was helping me, but he did nothing., I bought this template from someplace in the internet, and that is how I got the website,, not sure what version is, or what is the problem.. oh well, I will be hiring someone soon to help me with this

thanks again

Why not post the code from the contact us page and see if we can get an answer?

Thanks again,, I dont even know what you mean by posting the code.. how do I do that?

thanks

Sal

OK. I assume that you have a copy on your pc. Open it in a text editor (eg word pad). Select all the text and copy and come back here click reply and paste the code.

OK. I assume that you have a copy on your pc. Open it in a text editor (eg word pad). Select all the text and copy and come back here click reply and paste the code.

My apologies but a copy of what?. what code? how do I find it?. I'm not even close to an expert to programing, but I could find the code if you let me know how to do it, is there an specific file?

thanks again

Sal

Here is the Code as you instructed me,, I would appreciate any help, thanks

<?php

/*

$Id: contact_us.php,v 1.42 2003/06/12 12:17:07 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONTACT_US);

$error = false;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send')) {

$name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['name']);

$email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);

$enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']);

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=success'));

} else {

$error = true;

$messageStack->add('contact', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR);

}

}

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US));

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading">About Us</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor=#ffffff><table bgcolor=#E9E6E3 border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" >

<tr>

<td style="padding-left:10px;" bgcolor=#E9E6E3 class=ml99><b>Casa Castillo - Fine Mexican Arts, From the Artisans to You </td>

</tr>

<tr><td height="275" bgcolor=#E9E6E3 class=ml99 style="padding-left:10px">Fine Mexican Arts directly from the Artisans to You, at lower prices: Fine Mexican Arts Talavera handcraft Art mirrors pottery clay pewter Talavera Sinks Toilet sets</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Here is the Code as you instructed me,, I would appreciate any help, thanks

<?php

/*

$Id: contact_us.php,v 1.42 2003/06/12 12:17:07 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CONTACT_US);

$error = false;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'send')) {

$name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['name']);

$email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email']);

$enquiry = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['enquiry']);

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=success'));

} else {

$error = true;

$messageStack->add('contact', ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_CHECK_ERROR);

}

}

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US));

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading">About Us</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor=#ffffff><table bgcolor=#E9E6E3 border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" >

<tr>

<td style="padding-left:10px;" bgcolor=#E9E6E3 class=ml99><b>Casa Castillo - Fine Mexican Arts, From the Artisans to You </td>

</tr>

<tr><td height="275" bgcolor=#E9E6E3 class=ml99 style="padding-left:10px">Fine Mexican Arts directly from the Artisans to You, at lower prices: Fine Mexican Arts Talavera handcraft Art mirrors pottery clay pewter Talavera Sinks Toilet sets</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

It is a cut down version of the standard osc contact_us.php

I won't have time to look at it for a while.

You just use the the standard osc contact_us.php file and slowly edit out parts you don't want.

It is a cut down version of the standard osc contact_us.php

I won't have time to look at it for a while.

You just use the the standard osc contact_us.php file and slowly edit out parts you don't want.

Sorry, can't help you, It is more involved than anticipated.

Hello, I have a problem. When a potential customer comes to the contact page and fills in his e-mail and requested information and send it, I receive the e-mail from my server but there is not information of the potential customer shown anywhere.

I found this problem last night and will be looking in to it today. I think the problem is the code that is handling the submitted form is not including the

<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email'); ?>

as a variable

I will post later when i suss it out. Does anybody know where the code is that this calls:

<?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>

Thanks

I found this problem last night and will be looking in to it today. I think the problem is the code that is handling the submitted form is not including the
<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('email'); ?>

as a variable

I will post later when i suss it out. Does anybody know where the code is that this calls:

<?php echo tep_draw_form('contact_us', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'action=send')); ?>

Thanks

Actually forget that I notice it submits the form to itself!

Right I have located the problem and fixed it:

got to the following file:

\includes\classes\email.php

search for:

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

mine was on line 521 and all you need to do is change $from to $from_addr so it looks like:

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from_addr . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Then when your email comes through you can hit the reply button and reply straight to the person who submitted the query.

Hope that helps!

Edited by lenny6582

Right I have located the problem and fixed it:

got to the following file:

\includes\classes\email.php

search for:

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

mine was on line 521 and all you need to do is change $from to $from_addr so it looks like:

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from_addr . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Then when your email comes through you can hit the reply button and reply straight to the person who submitted the query.

Hope that helps!

Hello Lenny, I will try that and let you know if that works.. thanks so much for all your help.

Sal

• 1 month later...
Actually forget that I notice it submits the form to itself!

Hello lenny, I already tried the option you gave me but still dont get the e-mail from the customer. this is what I get in my e-mail from

to: Salvador Castillo <[email protected]>

seems like somehow the e-mail is sent to my server witch is valueweb, and then is sent to me..

I would appreciate if you have another suggestion?..

Thanks again.

Sal