• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What version of osCommerce are most people running?

slimjim

look at the live shops too, I'd say 98% of the users that choose osCommerce in the past year or so are using 2.2-CVS for their live shops.

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Ok, thanks, I guess I'll be installing 2.2.

All the best,

Jim

Can you give us a link to download version 2.2 I can only see the snapshot version which is stated should not be used. failing that could someone re write the download instructions so us mere mortals can follow then without worrying please??

Thanks in advance

The snapshot version is the only version of 2.2, so you will have to use that. It is generally very stable, though you will want to make sure you fully test it in case any bugs have slipped in. Keep an eye on the cvs updates for any bug fixes.

I haven't installed from scratch myself, but I believe it is relatively simple.

Jon.

The snapshot version is the only version of 2.2, so you will have to use that. It is generally very stable, though you will want to make sure you fully test it in case any bugs have slipped in. Keep an eye on the cvs updates for any bug fixes.

I haven't installed from scratch myself, but I believe it is relatively simple.

Jon.

Yeah What I meant was a superb product that is actually very simple to install etc is being let down by contradicting install info on the down load page.

first it says use 2.1 as its the last stable release BUT the docs only cover 2.2 and its different install procedure.

As you say 2.2 is only available as a snapshot but its the only version with docs (at least to a new user)

I am not moaning far from it in fact but it just seems a shame not to mention it so someone can correct the download instructions

Archived