• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can OsCommerce Function As Only a Shopping Cart

nav

When I install oscommerce it installs as a whole store front. I Have already created the html and graphics for my site, like for example I already have the product pages, site layout, add to cart, view cart buttons all designed. I do not want a whole store front. I want OsCommerce to function as just a Cart, like just something that would add items to a cart when someone clicks the add to cart and it would show the cart when someone clicked view cart. So, can oscommerce act as just a cart or it has to be a whole storefront?

If i Use paypal, anyone who buys from me must have a paypal account first in order to purcahse from us. This is correct right? It's just a hassle for someone to register for a paypal account first, deposit funds then pay with us.

If i Use paypal, anyone who buys from me must have a paypal account first in order to purcahse from us.......

This is true, but when they go to the paypal site and are prompted to registar, they DON"T have to deposit any money into an account.

They just enter their personal and CC info and away they go.

I believe that they get $ 5.00 depostied into their account from PayPal.

Also I believe, you as the refering member, get some sort of "reward" as well. :D

Hope that helps

Steve

So with PayPal I can set up the cart, and when the customer "check's out" they go the to the paypal's payment page. There they can just enter there Credit Card/Shipping info and The transaction will happen? Or will they first have to sign up for a paypal account, add a Credit card, get verified and then do the transaction? Thanks for your help. Also, Any good/free shopping carts that allow more extensive tax, shipping calcualtions to be implemented and that work with paypal for processing? The paypal shopping cart has no tax calculations and If I do find a good shopping cart I will think about another processor also.

More suitable for what you want then is www.2checkout.com or similar services, that are many of them. They provide the shopping cart sofware and customers go to their website to finish the payment section or the order.

The customer only signs up if they don't have an account already.

Also they don't have to be paypal verified right away.

They can do that after they finish their purchase from your shop.

I believe you must be verified though in order to use their services.

Steve

Archived