• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do you operate this thing?

photolithe

I recently downloaded the oscommerce Preview Release 2.1. I unzipped the files using winrar and uploaded the files to my hosts server using ws ftp pro. I copied the files to the root directory. At least I am pretty sure it is my root directory. I created a mysql file but I really cannot understand why I cannot veiw any of the php files.

Server Overview

Operating System Linux

Apache Version 1.3.26 (Unix)

Perl Version 5.006001

Perl Path /usr/bin/perl

Sendmail Path /usr/sbin/sendmail

PHP Version 4.2.2

Mysql Version 3.23.45

I tried to follow the install read me, but I was confussed by the examples. Someone else told me to upload the files and copy the admin file, like I did before, and type www.mydomainname.com/install. that did not work. I tried to follow the install readme in the catalog and was confussed thourghly. I have only been working with linux for a little over a month so I am not a guru.

If someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it. This site has an index html already that consists of information about the store. Would this affect the performance of this program?

www.premiumanimalsupply.com.

I downloaded the Preview and the Snapshot files. Which ones should I upload. I was given two addresses so I downloaded 5 files and unzipped all of them. I don't know if anyone will reply soon, but I uploaded the snapshot ones to my server. I'll try and give that a whirl. Does it matter if I already have a site setup with an index page or not?

No, you can have an index page, most of my clients do. On the index page they have a link to the catalog and that seems to work well. Go to http://oscdox.com and download the installation manual from the downloads section, it gives you a complete step by step instruction manual with good graphics to help you along. Almost anything you could wonder about is in there. If you need any additional help, give me a shout at [email protected] and I'll see if I can help out.

will this affect the performance of this program?

Warning: fopen("/home/premiuma/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - No such file or directory in /home/premiuma/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 164

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/premiuma/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 165

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/premiuma/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_5.php on line 166

The configuration was successful!

Thanks for all the help!!!

Archived