[contribution] Super Download Store

• Please log in to reply
1036 replies to this topic

#21   Tadream

Tadream
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 21:46

Maybe a silly question, but is it possible to get this contribution to work with the Paypal ipn module
as it did with the downloads controller?
As I'm in the process of moving providers I'm thinking about creating the webshop from scratch as I have
too many things in it that I don't try anymore and if this super download shop can be combined with paypal ipn
then I may go for this option.

#22   jayblaq

jayblaq
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:24

The "Updated" orders status means to reset the max download days and available download count of an order. It's very handy when the customer's complaining about having difficulty to download or requesting extension of download expiry.

The content of a download order can not be changed once logged in database. You cannot add new files to existing orders like the way you tried. Please check your databse and see how it works in orders_products_download table.

GREAT CONTRIBUTION, JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR FOR A YEAR!

My one question is this.

HOW DO I RESET THE DOWNLOADS FOR A CUSTOMER

HOW DO I ASSIGN DIFFERENT FOLDERS FOR THE DOWNLOADS? OR NO NEED JUST MAKE NEW FOLDERS IN THE DIRECTORY?

I previously added reset download count update, but I dont see how to reset the download?

#23   jayblaq

jayblaq
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:27

My one question is this.

HOW DO I ASSIGN DIFFERENT FOLDERS FOR THE DOWNLOADS? OR NO NEED JUST MAKE NEW FOLDERS IN THE DIRECTORY?
I previously added reset download count update, but I dont see how to reset the download?

I am also thinking of integrating the SAVE ALL DOWNLOADS AS ZIP FILE to this contribution to allow users toeither download all the files seperate or to download one zip file.

Is this something that everyone would like? What are your thoughts alex?

#24   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:42

Maybe a silly question, but is it possible to get this contribution to work with the Paypal ipn module
as it did with the downloads controller?
As I'm in the process of moving providers I'm thinking about creating the webshop from scratch as I have
too many things in it that I don't try anymore and if this super download shop can be combined with paypal ipn
then I may go for this option.

Yes, it should work with any payment module, especially those which can update order status automatically. The officail PayPal IPN module is a good one to start with.
Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

#25   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:50

My one question is this.

To reset the download for a customer, please go to admin -> Customers -> Orders and in each order's page, you can find an 'Update' button. Change the order status at the left to "updated", and then click on the Update button.

To store files in different folders, just make new folders UNDER your download directory, that's it.
Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

#26   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:55

I am also thinking of integrating the SAVE ALL DOWNLOADS AS ZIP FILE to this contribution to allow users toeither download all the files seperate or to download one zip file.

Is this something that everyone would like? What are your thoughts alex?

Just assign a big-fat-zip file to the file group, with a description saying that it is an 'All in One' package. It will be listed with all other files in that file group.

Currently there is no 'sort order' in the file list, so it can be tricky to keep that big package on top of other files. I'll see how it can be done.

#27   jayblaq

jayblaq
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:56

Just assign a big-fat-zip file to the file group, with a description saying that it is an 'All in One' package. It will be listed with all other files in that file group.

Currently there is no 'sort order' in the file list, so it can be tricky to keep that big package on top of other files. I'll see how it can be done.

Well thats not what i was asking there is a contribution on here zip downloads. This will offer the customer at checkout if they want to download all files zipped or in individual files.

I like this idea for people buying 1-5 titles. For any more it would be huge and too big for them to safely download. I was just thinking of options for users. If I do mod the code to make this work with your package I will post it all up here so people can add this feature.

Jay

#28   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:14

Well thats not what i was asking there is a contribution on here zip downloads. This will offer the customer at checkout if they want to download all files zipped or in individual files.

I like this idea for people buying 1-5 titles. For any more it would be huge and too big for them to safely download. I was just thinking of options for users. If I do mod the code to make this work with your package I will post it all up here so people can add this feature.

Jay

I checked the ZIP_Download contribution, hopefully it is what you're asking about.

It should work out of the box I think, only that it uses a different method to secure pending orders. It won't be too difficult to utilize the Downloads Controller method in ZIP_Download.

However, a bad logic found in the ZIP_Download v1.1. It creates the zip file before checking the expiry, which I think should only happen after.

Another issue of integrating ZIP_Download v1.1 would be the file size. The time required to create the zip file is based on 'guessing', not calculated. An additional total file size should be examined prior to execute the zip function.

Alex

#29   jayblaq

jayblaq
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:46

I checked the ZIP_Download contribution, hopefully it is what you're asking about.

It should work out of the box I think, only that it uses a different method to secure pending orders. It won't be too difficult to utilize the Downloads Controller method in ZIP_Download.

However, a bad logic found in the ZIP_Download v1.1. It creates the zip file before checking the expiry, which I think should only happen after.

Another issue of integrating ZIP_Download v1.1 would be the file size. The time required to create the zip file is based on 'guessing', not calculated. An additional total file size should be examined prior to execute the zip function.

Alex

sounds good ill try and add those features

#30   lada

lada
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:02

Hello,

I installed your contribution yesterday but nothing seems to work the way it should be /mad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

In the download.php there is this test :(file_exists(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'])) which check if the file is on the HDD, but for a group file it checks if there is a file WITH the name of the group file !!!!

Is it normal, because I never get the download link on my pages (for group file I mean) ?

Thank you

#31   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:19

Hello,

I installed your contribution yesterday but nothing seems to work the way it should be /mad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

In the download.php there is this test :(file_exists(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'])) which check if the file is on the HDD, but for a group file it checks if there is a file WITH the name of the group file !!!!

Is it normal, because I never get the download link on my pages (for group file I mean) ?

Thank you

It seems to me that you missed the file catalog/checkout_process.php or you're using a payment module like the osCommerce PayPal IPN which do all the jobs in checkout_process.php by itself.

Which one it is?

#32   lada

lada
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:39

Yes I use the paypal IPN from the oscommerce team.

Is there a difference in the install process?

#33   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 14:38

Yes I use the paypal IPN from the oscommerce team.

Is there a difference in the install process?

Yes. The osCommerce PayPal IPN module takes over all the jobs in checkout_process.php, there for you need to apply the modification in checkout_process.php to your paypal_ipn.php, otherwise it won't work.

Which version of the osCommerce PayPal IPN you're using?

#34   lada

lada
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 15:09

I use the last version: PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

#35   lada

lada
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 15:38

I reported the new line from checkout_process.php to paypal_ipn.php and it's working fine now /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

You should write it in your future install procedure.

Thank you.

#36   Dennis_gull

Dennis_gull
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 17:41

I cant get this to work with SEO URLs, any idea why?

If I choose "Enable SEO URLs?" false. The download shows and if I have it on true It doesnt.

Edited by Dennis_gull, 13 February 2007 - 17:42.

#37   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 18:21

I cant get this to work with SEO URLs, any idea why?

If I choose "Enable SEO URLs?" false. The download shows and if I have it on true It doesnt.

hmm.. did you try it with download file not grouped? I mean the original single download file assigned in products attributes.

If the single download file works, the group files should work too.

I have Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1d by chemo installed without any problem. Which SEO URLs version are you using?

#38   lada

lada
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 18:46

Hello, it's me again,

I've noticed a problem, when I set options on products (even if they don't use file at all) I don't have the page about the shipping options (checkout_shipping.php), and it goes directly to checkout_payment.php.

I use the paypal IPN 2.2 module and that's all.

Thank you for you're help.

#39   lada

lada
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 19:29

It seems that the problem came from the get_content_type() from the shopping_cart class, which always return 'virtual' as a content_type. May be the query must have to be updated but I don't know how!

#40   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 19:30

Thank you Lada. You found the first bug in this contribution. I will upload an update release soon.

Currently, you can modify catalog/admin/products_attributes.php to get around it. Please follow the instruction below:

Find in line 82:
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " values (" . (int)$products_attributes_id . ", '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_filename) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_attribute_filegroup_id) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxdays) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxcount) . "')");

Replace with:
if (tep_not_null($products_attributes_filename)) tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " values (" . (int)$products_attributes_id . ", '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_filename) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product_attribute_filegroup_id) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxdays) . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_attributes_maxcount) . "')");

Please try to see if this fixes the bug. You will need to delete the products attributes which you previously created without assigning a file to.