PayPal Express Checkout IPN Payment Module

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#321   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:34

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFAULT) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/soundboo/public_html/downloadshop/index.php on line 33

This message is telling you that the definition of FILENAME_DEFAULT is missing in your downloadshop/includes/filenames.php. You probably copied over the file from the contribution package, but you should only add the new definitions into your existing filenames.php. Please follow the install guide to the letter carefully.
Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

#322   Almirena

Almirena
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:50

You're right - I realised about 2 minutes after posting, and fixed it.

The ec_diagnostics.php error still occurs when I re-run it.

#323   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:00

The PayPal response error 10001 'Internal error' is telling you that there is some problem within the server you're testing with. Sandbox server is not as stable as the live one, and this error happens from time to time. Please try it later (sometimes it takes a few days) or run the diagnostics with the live server.
Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

#324   Almirena

Almirena
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:07

Will do.

I have just successfully completed a purchase in Sandbox. It works perfectly.

I think I'm ready to test this live... Alex, I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful contribution and your helpfulness.

#325   quarkster

quarkster
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 15:01

Hi,

Are pending echecks meant to change status automatically once payment has cleared?

We are having to change the status mainly when the echeck clears some days later.

Otherwise module is working fine, no problem with Instant Payments.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards
John

#326   noppie

noppie
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 20:42

Yes. I am running osCommerce 2.2 RC1 with this module installed. I have only tested it with PayPal sandbox, however, as my site is not yet "live."

The only problem I have come across is if the order total is 0.00, it will show an error result from PayPal saying there is an invalid order total. I have a Points/Rewards module installed and an order total could be 0.00 if a customer uses points to pay for their entire order. Therefore, I had to modify this contribution just slightly to get around that problem. But, this error was due to mixing contributions (and the fact that PayPal won't accept 0.00 order totals). On its own it works great in RC1.

Thank you AlexStudio for an excellent contribution!

Does anyone know what needs to be changed to make this work thank you
noppie
Peace is possible.. Please don't give up.

"War is --the old betraying the young"

#327   erihp-42

erihp-42
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 18:02

Got the contrib installed and working properly, getting following error when running diagnostic.php:

Error #1: Internal Error (10001)
Internal Error
I know this has been covered and chalked up to the sandbox server, so im not worried about this issue, however, when i try to checkout using EC, after i login to paypal and brought back to the site and click 'pay', i get the following error:

An error occured when we tried to process your payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

Transaction cannot complete. (10417)
The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.
Is there something im missing, or is this normal for a sandbox environment, and i just need to test it live?

thanks in advance for any help.

#328   erihp-42

erihp-42
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 21:59

fixed it, had to play with sandbox settings.

thanks?

=]

#329   KaleiDesigns

KaleiDesigns
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:38

Does anyone know what needs to be changed to make this work thank you
noppie

Hi noppie,

Here is what I did to have the PayPal EC module disable itself when the total is exactly or less than 0.00:

In /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ec.php, before the "function update_status() {" closing bracket, add:
if ($order->info['total'] <= 0) {    $this->enabled = false;}

This is essentially the same code that was mentioned in posts at the beginning of this thread.

Now, if you are specifically using the points/rewards module, you will have to make further modifications to the PayPal EC pages in order to get the two to work together nicely without errors or exploits, especially with how PayPal EC jumps over the payments page.

#330   a.niedermann

a.niedermann
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 21:29

Hey there!!

First of all, thanks a lot for the contribution which worked very very well for me till recently...!

Unfortunately now I've got a problem with the contribution and I think it is since my provider updated to php5 from php4, before everything went smoothly...

First of all it was not possible to update the payment settings in the admin payment site. to solve this I already added the reset($ar); at the end of the following code in the compatibility site...

do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);

} else {

$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);

}

}
reset($ar);
}

maybe the above stated code helps to understand my problems with the contribution:

first of all everything seems to work smoothly, the shop forwards me to the paypal site. when I click on the continue button, which normally should bring me back to the confirmation page on oscommerce it rederects me instead to the page which says that paypal updated my address and that i should confirm that although the paypal address is exactely the same as the one registred in oscommerce. when done that oscommerce forwards me to the confirmation page. but when clicking than on order now (thus normally should this be the very last step) I will be redirected to the oscommerce shipping page...

so, a never ending circle....the paypal dump is successful and the diagnostics does not find any error...

Any idea what this could cause??

Thank you very much for your help!!
andreas

#331   quarkster

quarkster
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 18:53

* Built in IPN feature for updating order status automatically once if pending payments (eCheck) are cleared, and payments refunded as well.

Just wondering if any configuration needs to take place for this feature to work?

We don't get any status changes when an echeck clears nor when a refund is made.

There is a setting on paypal for the notification url does this need to be populated? And if so, with what url?

I thought with the new methodology for reporting status that no configuration was needed?

Any tips appreciated.

Kind Regards
John

#332   noppie

noppie
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 19:59

Hi noppie,

Here is what I did to have the PayPal EC module disable itself when the total is exactly or less than 0.00:

In /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ec.php, before the "function update_status() {" closing bracket, add:

if ($order->info['total'] <= 0) {    $this->enabled = false;}

this is for the points and awards program.

This is essentially the same code that was mentioned in posts at the beginning of this thread.

Now, if you are specifically using the points/rewards module, you will have to make further modifications to the PayPal EC pages in order to get the two to work together nicely without errors or exploits, especially with how PayPal EC jumps over the payments page.

Can anyone help me with this.. can I just tell people who are using the points to go use the quick express? or is there some more code that I need to do.. i am just lost.. LIke the people in lost.
Noppie

Edited by noppie, 15 April 2008 - 20:00.

Peace is possible.. Please don't give up.

"War is --the old betraying the young"

#333   a.niedermann

a.niedermann
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 16:31

Hi Community

I still having the problem I mentioned some posts before although I updated my whole store to MS2.2 RC2a..

Everything runs smoothly, it processes correctly to paypal, paypal reroutes me correctly back to the store, where the order has to be finally processed. When then pushing the "final order button" it reroutes me back to the shipping site....a never ending circle...

Any idea around??

Andreas

#334   tanicos

tanicos
  • Banned
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:51

hello

i installed this module and then when i click the checkout paypal button nothing happens. the page is trying to get somewhere, it stops and then it tries again.i've set up the API in paypal and in admin but it;s not working...am i doing something wrong?
lastly after 4 min i get this on the url:
..../ppeb.php?shec=a
and internet explorer cannot display this page

Edited by tanicos, 20 April 2008 - 10:52.

#335   jfkafka

jfkafka
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 23:26

Hi Alex,
Thanks for this contrib (v0.4.1)
Everything seems to work (diagnostics- all green YES)
yet when checking out (live) after going to paypal and logging in
clicking the continue button and returning to store
receive error 10417 Transaction cannot complete
this is using paypal account with verified bank account wo/ credit card
is this because account needs a credit card to use express checkout
also receive email dumps (3) per transaction
PayPal EC Seccuss Dump
PayPal EC Success Dump
PayPal EC Error Dump
any suggestions immensely appreciated
Thanks again,
jk

#336   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 00:12

Please refer to PayPal API Error Code.

Error 10417:

It is possible that the payment method the customer chooses on PayPal might not succeed when you send DoExpress Checkout Payment. The most likely cause is that the customer's credit card failed bank authorization. Another possible, though rare, cause is that the final OrderTotal is significantly higher than the original estimatedOrderTotal you sent with SetExpress Checkout at Integration Point 1, and the final OrderTotal does not pass PayPal's risk model analysis. If the customer has no other PayPal funding source that is likely to succeed, DoExpress Checkout Payment Response returns error code 10417. Instruct the customer that PayPal is unable to process the payment and redisplay alternative payment methods with which the customer can pay.

#337   jfkafka

jfkafka
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:20

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the quick response and link info.
Will add credit card to paypal account, give it a whirl
and post results...tomorrow
earlier today I did some brainstorming and I think
lightning knocked out the power
L8r,
jk

#338   a.niedermann

a.niedermann
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:00

Hi Alex...!

Do you have any ideas to my mentioned problem above??

Andreas

#339   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:26

Make sure you have the state field set to true under admin > configuration > customer details. v0.4.1 should not have this problem unless you have bad address setup. If the testing account already has 5 addresses registered in your store and you're running RC2a, there will be some problem creating new address when PayPal returns a different one. Try setting 'Allow Edit Shipping Address at PayPal?' to 'No' and see what you get.

#340   a.niedermann

a.niedermann
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:19

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your help.

Although I switched the customer's state to true and allow edit shipping address at paypal to false I still having the same problems.

As a second step after switching the customer's state to true was that I created a new account and tried with this, but also this step did not help!

Another curious thing when using firefox: after pushing the "button confiurm order" it sends me back to the login.php...

Andreas