for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 Update 060817 or later
2007/01/11 04:36am GMT+08:00 by alexstudio
Based on PayPal Pro Direct Payments & Express Checkout v0.8.2 by dynamoeffects
and osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v2.0 For 2.2MS2 by Terra (Monika in Germany)
This PayPal Express Checkout Payment Module combined the PayPal SOAP API and IPN feature into one, designed for store owners who have a Premier or Business account at PayPal, including following features:
- Express Checkout API is an SOAP API provided by PayPal. By introducing this API, transactions no longer pass through user's internet browsers or agents. All connections are established directly between your host and PayPal servers, there for a much higher security level is provided.
- Payers must sign-up with PayPal. Customer without PayPal account must create one before paying. (required for PayPal Express Checkout API)
- Pass through customers' personal info to PayPal so they don't need to fill-in account sign-up form at PayPal, all filled up automatically.
- Review order payment in store (instead of PayPal site) before transaction, there for no need to create pre-mature order records in database.
- Update order status immediately if the payment transaction result is completed, no need to wait for IPN responses.
- Built in IPN feature for updating order status automatically once if pending payments (eCheck/Bank Transfer) are cleared, and payments refunded as well.
- Capable of declining unverified PayPal accounts. (Optional - setup through admin)
- Capable of complete dumping transaction/IPN detail in debug email, including sent out requests and recieved responses, and optional dumping email for successful transactions as well. (This is for PayPal 3005 error without triggering debug emails)
- Customers can select verified shipping address from PayPal file, and alter the shipping address set in checkout shipping page. (Express Checkout API built-in feature - This makes seller protection fully eligible possible)
- Showing per item details in both osCommerce and PayPal receipt, including tax, shipping, low order fee (shown as handling in PayPal receipt).
- Supported currencies including USD, AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NOK, NZD, SEK, SGD.