• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Skyler

I have OSC version oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 installe with languagepack Dutch (NL_Taalpakket_v1.4.9_1_2)

I can use the Admninistration Tool without trouble (and in Dutch).

When i want to start the Catalog i get the error's:

Warning: main(includes/languages/Dutch.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in (path) ../catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Warning: main(includes/languages/Dutch.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in (path) ../catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/Dutch.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in (path) ../catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

I already renamed the file in the named path to Dutch.php instead of dutch.php but i get the same result

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

check to see if you have this file in your store root directory

includes/languages/Dutch.php

if it is there check if the first letter is upper case or lower case

tnx 4 the reply

The file is there and already renamed it (see last line in original message)

Anyone more or other idea's?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem with language installation, and it`s also the same osCommerce version. I checked the php.ini file and the setting is `allow url fopen = On`, so I guess that`s not a problem. Can anyone, please, tell me how you fixed it?

• 4 weeks later...

I am baffled and know that someone has the answer to this issue:

I get the following:

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/t/s/btsGB07/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/t/s/btsGB07/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/t/s/btsGB07/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

[i suspect that my client 'disabled' the (all) language in the admin. I set english back up but it didn't change anything]

Any help would be... well helpful.

Thanks

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I've just come up against the same problem moving my previously working OS Commerce V2.2 MS2 site to a new server with PHP5.

Turned out that I needed to turn register_globals on in the php.ini file.

Having applied all of the changes to V2.2 MS2 I could find as part of my server move work (Updates 051112, 051113 & 060817) I'd been hoping that the need to turn on register_globals was no more, but can anyone tell me if this is still a normal requirement for os commerce?

Edited by [email protected]

I've just come up against the same problem moving my previously working OS Commerce V2.2 MS2 site to a new server with PHP5.

Turned out that I needed to turn register_globals on in the php.ini file.

Having applied all of the changes to V2.2 MS2 I could find as part of my server move work (Updates 051112, 051113 & 060817) I'd been hoping that the need to turn on register_globals was no more, but can anyone tell me if this is still a normal requirement for os commerce?

Please ignore my question about the need to turn on register_globals. I've now seen that I can acheive this is if I upgrade my site to V2.2 RC1.

• 1 year later...

I am baffled and know that someone has the answer to this issue:

I get the following:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/t/s/btsGB07/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

[i suspect that my client 'disabled' the (all) language in the admin. I set english back up but it didn't change anything]

Any help would be... well helpful.

Thanks

Were you able to get this issue resolved?

i have the same problem with my site when i install oscommerce....

i find the problem in php.ini

i edited the file and it is disponible at www.mongelluzzihoreca.com/php.ini

good luck

I am not able to access that php.ini file that you have... are you able to make is accessible please?

• 9 months later...

hello friends

I am getting this error in my website all the time when I try to upload any theme.

Warning: require(/home/ytubeclu/public_html/wp-content/themes/magiting-blue/functions/option.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ytubeclu/public_html/wp-content/themes/magiting-blue/magiting-blue/functions.php on line 18

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ytubeclu/public_html/wp-content/themes/magiting-blue/functions/option.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ytubeclu/public_html/wp-content/themes/magiting-blue/magiting-blue/functions.php on line 18

Please help me friends

thanks in advance.