[CONTRIBUTION] Subcategory textboxes

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#261   HuskyDog

HuskyDog
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:43

Problem solved. I needed to change $HTTP_POST_VARS to $_POST as well as $HTTP_GET_VARS to $_GET and this fixed it.

#262   Transformer

Transformer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:11

Like some others earlier, everything is working when I installed it. The only thing that is off, is the placing of the box.

It shows at the bottom of the page instead of on top. I'm running 2.3.1

I think it's quite a small issue, but I can't fix it.

Anyone?

#263   Transformer

Transformer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:13

Like some others earlier, everything is working when I installed it. The only thing that is off, is the placing of the box.

It shows at the bottom of the page instead of on top. I'm running 2.3.1

I think it's quite a small issue, but I can't fix it.

Anyone?

Solved it myself, for people who encounter this problem in the future: just move the piece of coding that is supposed to go in the index.php a little higher in the file.

#264   Eszaraxe

Eszaraxe
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 13:00

I have installed "subcategory textboxes för 2.3 v1.2" and everything works fine.
Question, Is there any way to get the category images shown in the upper right corner, like in 2.2 or in 2.3 without this contrib?
osCommerce 2.3.1 - QTPro 4.6.1 - Ultimate SEO URL's 5 Pro r205 - Discount Code 3.1 - Column listing with smart columns - Products Sort and some more

#265   Eszaraxe

Eszaraxe
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 18:39

Next issue I found with this contrib, when I choose to display the text on product page also it looks good until I put the products in 2 different categories, then I get 2 category textes on the product page. Anybody else who have ancountered this problem or anybody who have any idea of how to solve it?
osCommerce 2.3.1 - QTPro 4.6.1 - Ultimate SEO URL's 5 Pro r205 - Discount Code 3.1 - Column listing with smart columns - Products Sort and some more

#266   Eszaraxe

Eszaraxe
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 14:18

I guess this is the code that shows the textbox on the products page? What should I add/change so it doesn't show it several times as in my post above?

<?php
// category textbox mod
if (DISPLAY_EXTRA_CATEGORIES == 'true' && DISPLAY_CATS_ON_PROD_LISTING == 'true'){
if ($product_check['total'] >= 1) {
// now get textbox description for this *product* and display
$query = tep_db_query("select categories_description from " . TABLE_EXTRA_CATEGORIES . " left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " using (categories_id) where " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES .".products_id=" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . " and " . TABLE_EXTRA_CATEGORIES .".language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
while($category_info_text = tep_db_fetch_array($query)){
if(!empty($category_info_text['categories_description'])){ // prevent output where description not set for particular language
echo ("<div class=\"cat_info_box\">".$category_info_text['categories_description']."</div>");
}
}
}
}
?>

#267   VAEK

VAEK
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 14:15

It all works like a charm, no problems of any kind...but this is quite strange

See the attached file for more information...How to remove the extra "catalogus" box

Attached Files

#268   VAEK

VAEK
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 19:45

Anyone?

See above for my problem

#269 ONLINE   joli1811

joli1811

Anybody seen this leprechaun say yeah !!

• Community Sponsor
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 00:52

Looks to me like you added a link code twice check the files in admin/includes/boxes

Regards
Joli
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.