• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPDATE CART button does not work

danno

I've installed and configured version 2.1. everything seems to be fine except for the 'update cart' function off the shopping_cart.php page.

when i click on update cart the page refreshes but the change does not take effect.

'update cart' does work off the product_info.php page.

What can i do for this?

im having the same problem. win32, fresh install of 2.1, with apache 1.3.x, and php 4.2.3. things seem to be working except for adding items to the cart.....nothing is showing up, like a cookie or session var isnt going through...

Is there a reason why you have not used 2.2?

I am just wondering why you havent thats all.

It maybe worth using it to solve this, and also to get you onto a better version.

But thats just MHO.

CC.

When I had a similar problem on install, it turned out that I didn't give the program the proper permissions in mysql to write to the database (the user I had configured had read permisions, so the program worked fine until but when it went to actually write something to the database it's like the data just disapeared - would have been nice if an error message would have come up that 'don't have permision to write to the database').

I'm running 2.1 also because it is the latest 'stable' release of the product. It's my understanding 2.2 shouldn't be used for anything other than testing.

i tried 2.2 and everything works fine. however, as was stated earlier, 2.2 is beta. i dont think it should be used in a production env. however....it sure seems to work great. heh.....

i still have not made any progress on 2.1......cart still remains empty no matter what i do. if i figure anything out ill be sure to post right away.

j

2.2 has had alot of work done on it, just look at the bugs pages, and all the contributions people use for it.

Just becos it says the word beta does not mean it is not fit for a site, it just means you will maybe have to put some of your own effort in to fix issues you ome across...

Give it ago, hundreds of others have!

See the Live sites section of OSC, and take note of how many are using 2.2 in comparison to 2.1

I am not telling you what you should do, that is Just MHO.

CC.

Hi.

Any progress made on this issue? I'm having the same problem, as is another user who posted the problem today (Sept. 17th). I'm using 2.1 myself as well. Did you try upgrading to 2.2?

Thanks.

Ethan Rowe

Boston, MA USA

• 1 month later...

I have the very same problem under WinXP using FoxServe v3.0 (Apache 2.0.39 + PHP 4.2.2. + MySQL 3.23.39). I've been searching through forums and docs and all I've found till now are several reports, but no solutions. I'm not an osCommerce expert and I don't even know what to check.

BTW, I chose 2.1 'cos I didn't thought it was safe to use a CSV snapshot for a production site. Even the download page says so.

Archived