• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which "no account" contribution to install?

Voland

Hello everyone,

I am in need of a contribution that allows for a customer to make a purchase without an account. I am down to 2

Purchase Without Account (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,355/)

and

Guest Account v 2.0 (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1511/)

Can someone with expereince advise which one is better; in terms of conflicts, logic, usability and so on.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you very much

Arkady.

Edited by Voland

People dont change, people realize.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the advise. I just took a quick look at the description. It seems like a rather complicated contribution (not that I'm afraid of code :rolleyes: ); but I have CCGV(trad) and Points/Rewards installed and both of them do some action on the chekout pages, particularly on the payment and confirmation pages ... and I am not sure if other parts of thoe contributions reference any of the checkout files. So do you know if it is possible to install the FEC in a way to avoide any conflicts with those two?

Thanks.

P.S. Any comments or sugestions from other osC good people are very welcome :).

hi all, hi matrix,

I am still at a stop with choosing between the two. FEC seems to have more compatibility issues, doesnt it?

So between the Guest Account and the PWA. Can some one please explain or at least hint what the diferences are? And pros and cons of one over another. Or are they prety much the same? What are the differences as far as code logic and comatibilty with other popular contributions? Which is known to have more issues? Which has better more active support?

Thank you for your time.

Arkadu.