pbpBB2 and osC shared account creation

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#141   Optimalkiller

Optimalkiller
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 00:51

Also, can you sne me the Code chamhes you made in PHPBB as I would like to try it on another PGPBB version.

TIA

God knows what i was typeing.

Translation Time

Also, can you send me the code changes you made in PHPBB as I would like to try it on another PHPBB version.

TIA

#142   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:00

God knows what i was typeing.

Translation Time

Also, can you send me the code changes you made in PHPBB as I would like to try it on another PHPBB version.

TIA

Please look into the files in phpbb2 folder of the package. All mods related are commented.

I do know about the new post problem, but did have time to dig into it.

Edited by AlexStudio, 06 February 2007 - 05:01.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

#143   Optimalkiller

Optimalkiller
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:49

Please look into the files in phpbb2 folder of the package. All mods related are commented.

I do know about the new post problem, but did have time to dig into it.

o.k. so will that be fixed in the next release? /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#144   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:57

o.k. so will that be fixed in the next release? /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Don't know yet. I didn't have time to dig into it, so I don't know why it's not working. We'll see.
Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

#145   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 20:26

phpBB2.0.22 Integration v1.3 update released
  • Bug fixed - catalog/create_account.php didn't log trans_phpbb session data into database after account creation form successfully submitted, which caused the new customer not be able login to forum, nor can he logout from store.
  • Bug fixed - Posting new message prior to login would redirect users to the login form in the forum. Fixed phpbb2/login.php to redirect all login attempts to the osCommerce login page.
  • Bug fixed - The login code in catalog/login.php came with the original phpbb2.0.8a integration contribution updated the user_session_time and user_lastvisit fields in phpbb_users table incorrectly, which caused the new posts icon not working properly. Fixed catalog/login.php to use the correct time to update the user_lastvisit field, and not to update user_session_time on login. Now the new posts icon works.
  • Bug fixed - catalog/logoff.php skipped to kill session if no data found in trans_phpbb table. Now it kills session no matter if the trans_phpbb session record exists or not.

Edited by AlexStudio, 06 February 2007 - 20:30.

#146   addme

addme
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 13:53

• Bug fixed - catalog/create_account.php didn't log trans_phpbb session data into database after account creation form successfully submitted, which caused the new customer not be able login to forum, nor can he logout from store.
  • Bug fixed - Posting new message prior to login would redirect users to the login form in the forum. Fixed phpbb2/login.php to redirect all login attempts to the osCommerce login page.
  • Bug fixed - The login code in catalog/login.php came with the original phpbb2.0.8a integration contribution updated the user_session_time and user_lastvisit fields in phpbb_users table incorrectly, which caused the new posts icon not working properly. Fixed catalog/login.php to use the correct time to update the user_lastvisit field, and not to update user_session_time on login. Now the new posts icon works.
  • Bug fixed - catalog/logoff.php skipped to kill session if no data found in trans_phpbb table. Now it kills session no matter if the trans_phpbb session record exists or not.

Hi Alex,
I've made an update from v1.2 to v1.3 and now i got errors:
If i choose LogOut from phpbb then it redirects me to
http://orbitalcomput...d3505807a819b5b

Something seems to not work in logoff.php

#147   addme

addme
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 14:07

Hi Alex,
I've made an update from v1.2 to v1.3 and now i got errors:
If i choose LogOut from phpbb then it redirects me to
http://orbitalcomput...d3505807a819b5b

Something seems to not work in logoff.php

Solved the problem:

There is a "}" in the code that i've commented and now it works.

here is my correction:

FIND THE LINES:

$cart->reset();

//// BOF phpBB2 Integration v1.2
}
if ( isset( $HTTP_GET_VARS[ 'redirect' ] )) //// <---logoff from phpBB, so send user back to phpbb
{

REPLACE WITH:

$cart->reset();

//// BOF phpBB2 Integration v1.2
if ( isset( $HTTP_GET_VARS[ 'redirect' ] )) //// <---logoff from phpBB, so send user back to phpbb
{

#148   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 14:27

I checked the package again, the code in catalog/logoff.php is good.

Only I forgot that there is no file in the package to be compared with for upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3.

So, please do it carefully and don't miss any thing in the updated code. I will fix it in the next update package soon.

#149   JakSmit

JakSmit
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 22:12

Hi, how does this compare/offer advantage over phpBB-osCommerce Bridge which sounds quite good

#150   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:39

Hi, how does this compare/offer advantage over phpBB-osCommerce Bridge which sounds quite good

The phpBB-osCommerce Bridge forces username as firstname + last initial, phpBB2 integration allows any username chosen.

phpBB-osCommerce Bridge requires phpBB to be installed under osCommerce catalog folder, and share osCommerce sessions. However, if you login from phpBB, you are not login to osCommerce. phpBB2 integration recommends to install phpBB in a folder aside, and no matter where you login from, you're login to both side.

Both phpBB2 integration and phpBB-osCommerce Bridge contrib are based on phpbb2.0.8a integration, but phpBB2 integration fixed more bugs in the old code, and it is ready to support phpBB SEO.

Also, I believe this phpBB2 integration contrib has a better install guide document, and is easier to install.

All above comparisons between these 2 contrib are based on my impression of the first phpBB-osCommerce Bridge version.

#151   Optimalkiller

Optimalkiller
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 13:25

Wow fantastic Job your the best!!!!!! keep up the great work.

#152   kevicho

kevicho
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 16:46

The phpBB-osCommerce Bridge forces username as firstname + last initial, phpBB2 integration allows any username chosen.

phpBB-osCommerce Bridge requires phpBB to be installed under osCommerce catalog folder, and share osCommerce sessions. However, if you login from phpBB, you are not login to osCommerce. phpBB2 integration recommends to install phpBB in a folder aside, and no matter where you login from, you're login to both side.

I looked at both and the above is what swung it for me.

However /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Would it be possible for the username not to be mandatory, and if left blank to create a dummy user name of firstname + lastnames initial just for people who don't want a forum name?

#153   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 17:23

I looked at both and the above is what swung it for me.

However /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Would it be possible for the username not to be mandatory, and if left blank to create a dummy user name of firstname + lastnames initial just for people who don't want a forum name?

I didn't do that for some reason. Since the code forced customers to sign up on both side, they have the right to pick a decent username they like. I just don't like the idea to expose the customer's first name + last initial to the public without they knowing it.

#154   JakSmit

JakSmit
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 17:26

Thanks for the info.
So does the username have to be the same for both oscommerce and the forum? If they differ, will they still be logged in on both. Also, does this change osc so that they have to log in with a username on osc instead of an email? I am just thinking how that might affect installation of other contributions some how.

Thanks

#155   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 17:37

Thanks for the info.
So does the username have to be the same for both oscommerce and the forum? If they differ, will they still be logged in on both. Also, does this change osc so that they have to log in with a username on osc instead of an email? I am just thinking how that might affect installation of other contributions some how.

Thanks

Login from either side will be redirected to the store login form, which is using email address not username.

#156   jrolson

jrolson
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 23:16

Is it possible that when you click the forum link it will open in the middle of the index page?

#157   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 23:19

Is it possible that when you click the forum link it will open in the middle of the index page?

No. But you can customize your phpBB pages looked exact the same as your osCommerce. Only that it would be a lot of works to do.

Edited by AlexStudio, 09 February 2007 - 23:23.

#158   lexsus

lexsus
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:25

Hi
The login to my forum sends a user to
https://mydomain.org...irect=index.php
and not
http://mydomain.org/...irect=index.php

can I change that?

#159   AlexStudio

AlexStudio
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:32

Hi
The login to my forum sends a user to
https://mydomain.org...irect=index.php
and not
http://mydomain.org/...irect=index.php

can I change that?

Yes. Actually if you don't have a dedicated SSL certificate, you should use http only.

#160   lexsus

lexsus
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:43

Yes. Actually if you don't have a dedicated SSL certificate, you should use http only.

I don't have a SSL certificate, but where do i change so it become http?