• Please log in to reply
2166 replies to this topic

#2161   stragami

stragami
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 17:13

cant be true..

download http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4441 vesion SiteMonitor V 3.2 using oscommerce_MS2_or_RC2/admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup is inide the zip file

what is worng?

#2162   stragami

stragami
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 17:59

if i start Manually Execute Sitemonitor

i get this error

Warning: opendir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/username/public_html) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/htdocs/ks01125) in /var/www/htdocs/ks01125/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html): failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /var/www/htdocs/ks01125/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364

if i use Execute Sitemonitor i have no problem and it works fine

Edited by stragami, 09 October 2014 - 18:00.

#2163   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,687 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 18:08

@stragami You are correct. That file is present. I didn't pay close enough attention to the file that you displayed, which is not that file, and the name you mentioned. You displayed the sitemonitor_configure file. In older versions that was named sitemonitor_configure.php. In later versions it was named sitemonitor_configure_0.php and in the latest version it is named sitemonitor_configure_0.txt.

Regarding the error message you are getting, that is a server issue. There is a setting for your account not to allow loading of files outside the set path. You'll need to ask your host to change that to fix the problem.

#2164   stragami

stragami
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:36

Hi Jack

i see that the file sitemonitor_reference_0.txt will be changed from the sidemonitor

if i copy the file by ftp the owner are me  and group www-data - if i run the script the owner will be changed to owner www-data / group www-data

next time if i run the script i get a timeout because the file sitemonitor_reference_0.txt cant be open / cant be updated  by sitemonitor because a incorrect owner.

also the rights will be change from 0777 to 0644  (also by sitemonitor_log_0.txt) but i need 777

can you help

rgds

alfred

Edited by stragami, 16 October 2014 - 07:48.

#2165   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,687 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 13:29

As mentioned, that is a server problem. Ask your host to change the owner to user and it should work. You can't change it with an ftp program.

#2166   AllThingsTrendy

AllThingsTrendy
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 19:32

@Jack_mcs , you continually amaze me with the incredible contributions you make available to all of us.  I have utilized Site Monitor for years on my old site but haven't upgraded it since 2009.  Thank you SO MUCH for the Version Checker contribution as well!!!  This will help me keep all of these current.

I installed SiteMonitor V3.2 yesterday in less than 30 minutes and had the crons running successfully soon after.  That is quite revealing about the ease of installation for this one as I am not a seasoned developer.  Simply having SiteMonitor helping me keep an eye on things take a  load of stress off.  Thank you!!!

After installation, I have noticed that two of the settings on the configuration page seem to have a mind of their own.  I did several tests and immediately after leaving the configuration page and returning, the "Delete Log File" setting was modified from 180 to 30.  Also the "Delete Reference File" setting only accepts certain values.  For kicks, I just set each to 33, saved, left the page, returned to the configuration page and both values are now showing 3.  I am not absolutely positive what maximum values the code is expecting for each of these fields, but it seem that it wants a value between 1 - 9.  If I enter a value with more than one digit such as 39, 92, or 153, it gets set to the last value (ie 9, 2 and 3 respectfully).  If I enter any value that ends with a zero, the "Delete Log File" value is automatically set to 30 and the "Delete Reference File" is set to blank. 

My apologies is this has been reported already...  but I did search this thread without finding any mention of the issue.  I also realize it doesn't make sense to keep the reference file for more than about nine days, and more than 30 days of log files is not of much value.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice the code was automatically adjusting my entries at first and thus, I suspect others will not either.  Thus, a suggestion would be to allow users to select the number of days from a drop down list so that they can never enter an unacceptable value and SiteMonitor function differently than expected.

The above isn't a complaint... only a suggestion.  It's impossible to complain about something that is free.  Not to mention something as incredibly helpful as SiteMonitor. Thanks Jack!!!

Anthony David
AllThingsTrendy.com

#2167   Jack_mcs

Jack_mcs
  • Members
  • 26,687 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:40

Hi Anthony - Thank you for the kind words. They are appreciated. This addon has been available for many years now and no one has ever mentioned, at least that I recall, the problem with those items. Good catch. :) To fix them, find this code in the sitemonitor_configure_setup.php file

else if (strpos($fp[$i], "\$logfile_delete") !== FALSE) {
        if (($pos = strpos($fp[$i], ";")) !== FALSE)
            $switch['logfile_delete'] = (((int)substr($fp[$i], $pos - 1) > 0) ? (int)substr($fp[$i], $pos - 1) : '30');
    }
    else if (strpos($fp[$i], "\$reference_reset") !== FALSE) {
        if (($pos = strpos($fp[$i], ";")) !== FALSE)
            $switch['reference_reset'] = (((int)substr($fp[$i], $pos - 1) > 0) ? (int)substr($fp[$i], $pos - 1) : '');
    }

and replace it with this

else if (strpos($fp[$i], "\$logfile_delete") !== FALSE) { 
       if (($pos = strpos($fp[$i], ";")) !== FALSE) {
            $tmp = substr($fp[$i], 0, $pos);
            $val = end(explode(' ', $tmp));    
            $switch['logfile_delete'] = (((int)$val > 0) ? (int)$val : '30');
        }        
    }
    else if (strpos($fp[$i], "\$reference_reset") !== FALSE) {
        if (($pos = strpos($fp[$i], ";")) !== FALSE) {
            $tmp = substr($fp[$i], 0, $pos);
            $val = end(explode(' ', $tmp));    
            $switch['reference_reset'] = (((int)$val > 0) ? (int)$val : '30');
        }    
    }

Please let me know if there are any other problems.

Edited by Jack_mcs, 09 November 2014 - 03:41.