Quantity Price Breaks

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#801   Eaviator

Eaviator
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 22:53

I've posted this in General Support as well because I have to find an answer for this one and fast... I sure hope someone can help with this problem. I've just finished installing a new copy of osCommerce ver.2.3.1 with the Add-On "QPBPP for 2.3.1". The install seemed to go flawlessly but whenever something is added to the shopping cart this message appears, despite the stock having been entered as available immediately:

"Products marked with *** don't exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process."

Does anyone have any idea what's making this happen. Many thanks in advance for any/all help...

Cheers,
Doug

#802   Eaviator

Eaviator
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:04

My issue has been solved..Thanks all!

Edited by Eaviator, 27 June 2011 - 06:05.

#803   strub

strub
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:24

Hi

I have a problem with the price break I think there is a bug.
If I change the langauge in the shopping_cart.php it does not change to the right language unless you refresh the page a second time.

So I search for the problem and found in PriceFromatter.php this line:
function loadProduct($product_id, $language_id = 1, $listing = NULL, $price_breaks_from_listing = NULL) {
    global $pfs;

So I tried this:
function loadProduct($product_id, $language_id = 1, $listing = NULL, $price_breaks_from_listing = NULL) {
    global $pfs;
	$language_id=$GLOBALS["languages_id"];

But then it seems just to work for the dfault language.

So does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

#804   Eaviator

Eaviator
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 17:34

Strub,

Post your url so we can check it out please...Cheers
DougB

#805   strub

strub
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:48

Sorry but my site is not yet finished.

But I found the problem. Just do the above and in application_top.php you need to iclude the PriceFomratter.php and the PriceFormatterStore.php after the language includes and not after the currencies includes.

#806   terlan

terlan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 15:12

Hi

I'm editign my files to install this addon, but got to the modification ot the application_top.php

At the point the instruction says

Find (around line 343):

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

but mines reads

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $attributes))+1, $attributes);								

Has anyone got the work around to this, im using a pretty much unmodified version of osCommerce v2.3.1 only some layout and appearance changes have been made to the code. And a batch admin addon used.

Edited by terlan, 14 July 2011 - 15:14.

#807   terlan

terlan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 15:34

As to the above.
I realised i just have to replace the +1 in the original line of code with + $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity']

dont update addons while feeling tired lol bad things happen

#808   thenexgen

thenexgen
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 14:11

Hi i installed Qpbpp 3.16 and work good,

now if in product_listing i want to do sort oder by price, oscommerce ordered by final price. if i want order by price_break? how i can to do it?

#809   kcollins

kcollins
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 20:01

I've posted this in General Support as well because I have to find an answer for this one and fast... I sure hope someone can help with this problem. I've just finished installing a new copy of osCommerce ver.2.3.1 with the Add-On "QPBPP for 2.3.1". The install seemed to go flawlessly but whenever something is added to the shopping cart this message appears, despite the stock having been entered as available immediately: "Products marked with *** don't exist in desired quantity in our stock. You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process." Does anyone have any idea what's making this happen. Many thanks in advance for any/all help... Cheers, Doug

Doug, I'm a little confused. The install.html for "QPBPP for 2.3.1" states: "This document describes updates to files based on the full package dated July 22, 2009 (version 1.3.6 / osC 2.2 RC2a)" Does that mean that "QPBPP for 2.3.1" is not a Full Package or can I just follow the install instructions to install this on osc 2.3.1 with no prior install of QPBPP? Thanks for the help Kevin
Thanks

Kevin

#810   Eaviator

Eaviator
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 17:05

Hi Kevin,

QPBPP v2.3.1 is definitely a full package, go ahead and install it as written, it's great. My problems occured because of conflict's with another add-on and some lines of code which had to be merged. QPBPP works great, no problems whatsover for a plain install though. Just back everything up first so in the event of problem you can resolve it quickly without any grief. Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Doug

#811   kcollins

kcollins
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 22:11

Hi Kevin,

QPBPP v2.3.1 is definitely a full package, go ahead and install it as written, it's great. My problems occured because of conflict's with another add-on and some lines of code which had to be merged. QPBPP works great, no problems whatsover for a plain install though. Just back everything up first so in the event of problem you can resolve it quickly without any grief. Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks for the help Doug.
Thanks

Kevin

#812   univer

univer
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 17:42

i installed the version from 5 Jun 2011 (yansfung)
is it the most recent version?
in the install.html is stated that \catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php should be changed, but this is not explained in the manual installation instructions
comparing the files, there is a lot off difference, also in a lot of parts that are not indicated as changed (not flagged)
in the file of qpbpp is stated that it is from version qpbpp1.3.3, while this should be 2.0 I think
so do i have to treat it?

Edited by univer, 23 September 2011 - 17:43.

#813   FabienB

FabienB
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:57

Hi everybody,
I have the same thing that UNIVER, for the file \catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php.
the problem is that all <table> are replaced by <div> and some variables have changed.
Is there anybody that has this file ?

I use the french version of oscommerce 2.3.1
In advance thank
Fabien

PS: I can't update my profile? why ? I live in Belgium.
A+, Fabien

#814   GR8M8

GR8M8
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:18

G'Day
Is there a way of removing the "Your Savings" line from the box and just have the pricing?
Ray

#815   Dan Cole

Dan Cole
  • Community Sponsor
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 21:52

G'Day
Is there a way of removing the "Your Savings" line from the box and just have the pricing?
Ray

You can change/remove that text in the language file "product-info.php".

Dan

#816   GR8M8

GR8M8
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:24

G'Day Dan
Thank you for your reply
I change the text OK, but how do you remove the complete line so no test or % saving is shown?
Regards
Ray

Edited by GR8M8, 10 October 2011 - 03:25.

#817   Dan Cole

Dan Cole
  • Community Sponsor
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 15:26

G'Day Dan
Thank you for your reply
I change the text OK, but how do you remove the complete line so no test or % saving is shown?
Regards
Ray

That's a bit more complicated but if you want to play around with it you'll find that code in the PriceFormatter.php file in your includes/classes folder. The code will be towards the bottom of the file...maybe 3/4s of the way down the file and is commented.

Dan

#818   GR8M8

GR8M8
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 19:10

Dan
Thank you
You were correct
In PriceFormatter.php line 256
commented out the following and it worked perfectly

// Begin saving calculation
/* $lc_text .= '<tr valign="top"><td width="120" class="infoBoxContents">' . TEXT_SAVINGS . '</td>';
if (true == $this->hasSpecialPrice) {
$lc_text .= '<td align="center" class="infoBoxContents">'
. $this->getDiscountSaving($this->thePrice, $this->specialPrice)
.'</td>';
} else {
$lc_text .= '<td align="center" class="infoBoxContents">- </td>';
}
foreach($this->price_breaks as $price_break) {
$lc_text .= '<td align="center" width="50" class="infoBoxContents">'
. $this->getDiscountSaving($this->thePrice, $price_break['products_price'])
.'</td>';
}
*/

Big Thank you again
Ray

#819   asher1981

asher1981
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 20:32

Hello everyone,

I´m was searching for a contribution wich gives me following abilitys:

Example:

I sell pencils
A customer has to buy minimum 500 pencils.
But he can also buy 1000 or 1500 pencils (listed in a dropdown list -> Product attributes)
If he buys 500 pencils, one pencil costs 0,35 Eur
If he buys 1000 0,30Eur
If 1500 0,20Eur

Customer can choose in the dropdown list and if he clicks a "Refresh" Button, the whole Price is shown as Product Price -> 175 Eur (500*0,35Eur= 175 Eur.)
In another dropdown list (also defind over Product attributes) he can choose if he wants to have a pencil with his logo printed on it.
If he wants his logo on it, there will be an additional price of 0,12Eur per pencil. If he chooses this, the Price should be : 235 Eur (500+0,12Eur).

Is there any contribution providing this abilitys??

Thanks in advance

#820   kozsar

kozsar
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:59

Hello everyone,
I have a problem to forcing the blocks granularity.
If I set the qty block (e.g. 50) and then I change the quantity value in the product_info page (e.g. 1), when I add che article to the shopping cart the quantity is not forced to 50 but remains equal to 1, then if update the cart (by update cart button) the article quantity is update to 50. This only happens the first time that I add the article to the shopping cart, if I repeat the same operation a second time for the same article (e.g. I change the quantity value in the product_info page from 50 to 2) the quantity is forced to the minimum quantity of 50. Someone can Help me?
In shopping_cart.php and PriceFormatter.php all seems ok.
Thank you

FMAX

Hello Friends!
Is there any solution for this? I have the same problem /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I have checked the installation 4 times, and everything looks good. No errors or anything!
When adding a product from product_info page the quantity block forcing seems not working, but when the quantity is refreshed at the shopping cart the forcing is OK! Any solution? I am totally down /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />(
It is so important for me, please help!