Quantity Price Breaks

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#21   taifun89343

taifun89343
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 14:50

Anyone know of a version of the Quantity Price Breaks that actually works? http://www.oscommerc...ributions,1242/

I've just been having a hard time with this, and e-mailing people on here, I don't know anyone who's gotten a version to work yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

J

I just found your thread and thought this (http://www.oscommerc...tributions,3159) could help you out. I'm using it and it works great. It even effects options if applied and you can choose between percentage, price and amount.

The problem I have and what I am additionally looking for is to add the group definition (retail, wholesale aso). But I am unable to find anything compatible to Discountplus. CGDiscountSpecials effects the code of DiscountPlus and my programming knowlegde is quite low. The only thing I know is when I change that my shop won't work anymore. SPPC would do the most too, but here too DiscountPlus affects the code and won't work afterwards. I also tried SPPC and Price Break for SPPC on an absolute clean installation - and it didn't work. All over the places I had script failures.

To give an overview what I need:
- the possibility to apply discounts/price breaks based on the amount AND product (not all products together, just the single product) = DiscountPlus does what I need on this
- the possibility to implement groups for retail, wholesale, distribution, and by customer... = SPPC seems to offer this functionality, but I can't get it to run with DiscountPlus
- hide prices when not logged in - is also running perfectly: http://www.oscommerc...ntributions,601
- customers and distributors from inside the EU must be able to input their (VAT) tax number. (http://www.oscommerc...tributions,1848) - works perfectly as I need
- and some minor issues which probably will work no matter what kind of solution may be found for above necessities

Has anybody an idea which contrib-combination may work?

I appreciate anykind of hint.

Thanks in advance

#22   ashleylr

ashleylr
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 15:47

Does anyone know how to make this contribution work with other product listings (other than the main product_listing.php) so that the volume prices will show up? Specifically my specials.php, bestsellers page, shop by price page, froogle feeds, featured products box, advanced search results, etc. On my product_listing.php page I have it set up so that it reads "volume priced from...." so the customer sees the volume price before they even click on the product. I want to be able to show the same thing on all the other product listings so people aren't turned off by initially seeing a higher price. Does anyone know the hack in the other files to do this?

#23   AMS-OSC

AMS-OSC
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 14:59

(...)

I get the error message when I go to a specific item in my category "1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'" This problem only occured after applying the package.

I did read in the forums about the SQL 5 compatiablity bug -- and downloaded the patch to fix it, however, I am still getting the same error message. I am running Windows 2000 , with mySQL 5 (community edition) and PHP 5.1.4.

Recently, I have been told that the SQL 5 bug fix is only suitable for Unix/Linux servers -- can anyone please help modify the SQL 5 bug fix code for a Windows server user?

(...)

Got the same problem today aswell and fixed it. I will post a update MySQL5-fix-file on the contributions download place, but I'm too busy right now so here's the little code snippet of the fix for index.php (around line 175):
// We are asked to show only a specific category

//BEGIN EDIT by AMS: contribution Quantity Pricebreaks per Product
//org: 	$listing_sql = "select" . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
				//QPBPP MySQL 5 compatible
				$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_price1, p.products_price2, p.products_price3, p.products_price4, p.products_price5, p.products_price6, p.products_price7, p.products_price8, p.products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty, p.products_price5_qty, p.products_price6_qty, p.products_price7_qty, p.products_price8_qty, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
	  } else {
// We show them all
//org:  $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
				$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_price1, p.products_price2, p.products_price3, p.products_price4, p.products_price5, p.products_price6, p.products_price7, p.products_price8, p.products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty, p.products_price5_qty, p.products_price6_qty, p.products_price7_qty, p.products_price8_qty, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
	  }
	} else {
// show the products in a given categorie
	  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
//org:  $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
				$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_price1, p.products_price2, p.products_price3, p.products_price4, p.products_price5, p.products_price6, p.products_price7, p.products_price8, p.products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty, p.products_price5_qty, p.products_price6_qty, p.products_price7_qty, p.products_price8_qty, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
	  } else {
// We show them all
	//org:  $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
	$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_price1, p.products_price2, p.products_price3, p.products_price4, p.products_price5, p.products_price6, p.products_price7, p.products_price8, p.products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty, p.products_price5_qty, p.products_price6_qty, p.products_price7_qty, p.products_price8_qty, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
//END EDIT by AMS: contribution Quantity Pricebreaks per Product

I hope this will help u aswell, I only tested it on a Linux server.

cheers.

#24   Get-Wireless 2

Get-Wireless 2
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:38

I am currently trying to install this contrib, However I also have MRSP installed. I have managed to edit most of it to still incorporate the MRSP contrib. I am now having problems with one of the changes in catalog\product_info.php which is

From instructions in Quantity Price Breaks
Find:

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
	  $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
	} else {
	  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
	}

Change to:

$pf->loadProduct((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], (int)$languages_id);
	$products_price=$pf->getPriceString();

From Install instructions of MRSP
Find:

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
	  $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
	} else {
	  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
	}

and change it to read:

$products_price = '<table class="PriceList" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">';
			$new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id']);
			if ($product_info['products_msrp'] > $product_info['products_price'])
			  $products_price .= '<tr><td>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_MSRP . '</td><td class="oldPrice" align=right>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_msrp'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td></tr>';
			$products_price .= '<tr><td>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_OUR_PRICE . '</td>';
			if ($new_price != '')
			  {$products_price .= '<td class="oldPrice"';}
			else
			  {$products_price .= '<td';}
			$products_price .= ' align=right>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td></tr>';
			if ($new_price != '')
			  {$products_price .= '<tr class="productSpecialPrice"><td>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_SALE . '</td><td align=right>' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td></tr>';}
			if ($product_info['products_msrp'] > $product_info['products_price'])
			  {if ($new_price != '')
				{$products_price .= '<tr><td>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_SAVINGS . '</td><td align=right>' . $currencies->display_price(($product_info['products_msrp'] -  $new_price), tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td></tr>';}
			  else
				{$products_price .= '<tr><td>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_SAVINGS . '</td><td align=right>' . $currencies->display_price(($product_info['products_msrp'] -  $product_info['products_price']), tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td></tr>';}}
			else
			  {if ($new_price != '')
				{$products_price .= '<tr><td>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_SAVINGS . '</td><td align=right>' . $currencies->display_price(($product_info['products_price'] -  $new_price), tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td></tr>';}}
			$products_price .= '</table>';

This is the only code change I have left to do and then maybe any updates as I am installing price break version 1.11 File by File MS2 Installation by Mike Sullivan
Can anyone tell me how I can incorporate the two together?

Regards
Shaun

#25   designtech

designtech
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 23:29

Good catch. I have the mine altered like Jan said, as well. Hope you have no more problems.

J

HI Guys,

i have this installed on a site for a friend of mine and it works well!! however, we're wanting to include the seperate prices in the product listing, in between the default price & buy now columns, how do i do this? i've been trying for days & can't figure it out.

PLEASE HELP

#26   granitestater

granitestater
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 13:59

i've put on the 14Jun2005 Contribution by Com2 and noticed that for wahtever reason a discount isn't applied for the order total...

any thoughts on this???

we've got our price breaks at:
1 to 5
6 to 49
50+

we had a customer that ordered 70, 40 and 12 and it applied full price...

#27   AMILP

AMILP
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 21:24

I have what I hope is not a unique situation.

We sell chemicals in various containers and did not like the way the out of the box attribute configuration did volume pricing. Hence, we installed QPB. Successfully!!! However, we really need the best of both worlds.

We need to have volume pricing yet sell in containers of:
7 Gallons
20 Gallons
35 Gallons
55 Gallons
330 Gallons

We need each of these sizes to have the volume price yet be able to be ordered in multiples of each.

I.E. 5 - 35Gallon Drums. Where they would receive the volume discount for 175Gallons. But at check out they only select the number of drums in lots of the drum size.

I am by no means a programmer. I can however, follow directions...
So, if this is out there please let me know. If not, I guess I will learn to program the hard way /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#28   Vines

Vines
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:06

Just set up Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer and it's working pretty well. My site is beginning to have some very sophisticated pricing capability. Thanks to all who contributed to this.

Does anyone know if there is a mod to this that automatically sets a % discount across all products for a certain quantity? Maybe some other contrib does this but I guess I thought this could operate at a macro level in addition to the per product basis, which of course is great.

Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------

#29   mawdesigns

mawdesigns
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:07

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help!
I have recently installed this contribution and it seams to work apart from one thing:

For taxable goods, in admin, i am inputting the discounted price inclusive of tax (gross price) but when i look at the prices in the store, the discounted price has had tax added to it (sometimes this means it shows up as higher than the normal price)

Hope this makes sense!

#30   jhande

jhande
  • Members
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 18:42

But I am unable to find anything compatible to Discountplus.
DiscountPlus does what I need on this

How the heck did you get Discountplus to work? /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

In the Admin panel there's 10 options for discounts, it only allows 1.
When I try to add a second discount option (at the same time as the first or later), I get an error that the product_ID already exsist.
I added the item to my cart and it went from a $1.38 to $48.89. /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='>_<' />

I tried 3 times with a fresh database and files. What I need is something like this -

$1.39 each
$8.00 for 6
$15.00 for 12

It doesn't matter where the customer makes the selection, product info page or shopping cart. I would just like to find a discount mod that works. I'm getting tired of hacking files for nothing. /mad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />
- :: Jim :: -
- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

#31   balynce

balynce
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 18:09

Is anyone having problems with 0 shipping charges on their quantity price break products only? I'm not sure if it was something in this module, a fix for it, or implimentation of another module..but there are no shipping charges only for the price break products...the regular products it works fine... thanks!

#32   balynce

balynce
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:28

I am still trying to figure out why shipping is not being charged for these products used with quantity discount unless regular products without quantity discount are in the cart...does anyone know if it have anything to do with the code in shopping_cart.php class for "global $languages_id;" and parts that go along with it since i have "register globals=off/false" ???

#33 ONLINE   Jan Zonjee

Jan Zonjee

Governor of Peace

• Core Team
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:08

I am still trying to figure out why shipping is not being charged for these products used with quantity discount unless regular products without quantity discount are in the cart

Since the same code is used for product with and without a price break it doesn't seem logical that there is a problem with that. Are you sure the weight of those products is still there? Perhaps there is something wrong in admin/categories.php and the weight of the product becomes 0 if you edit the price breaks...

#34   Elazar

Elazar
  • Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:09

Hi Pals, /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Could someone advise me please what is the latest version of Quantity Price Breaks to install ?

I need it to support for the english & Hebrew languages..

Could someone help me please ??

Thanks in advance !

Regards, /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Elazar

#35   balynce

balynce
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 19:14

Since the same code is used for product with and without a price break it doesn't seem logical that there is a problem with that. Are you sure the weight of those products is still there? Perhaps there is something wrong in admin/categories.php and the weight of the product becomes 0 if you edit the price breaks...

If the weight was 0, my cart completely bypasses the first shipping screen... when quantity discount products go to shipping screen, the price is $0...if there is a regular product in the cart as well it shows the correct price for everything, and on the checkout final page the price is correct either way.

#36   PocketChallker

PocketChallker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 13:09

Hi Pals, /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Could someone advise me please what is the latest version of Quantity Price Breaks to install ?

I need it to support for the english & Hebrew languages..

Could someone help me please ??

Thanks in advance !

Regards, /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Elazar

Ditto...any help would be great...

#37   jpweber

jpweber

Occupy HLN

• Members
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 13:23

As noted in my signature, Price Break 1.11.2 worked great for me.

This one:
New bug-fix version: price-break-1.11.2 (correction) Tim Cartwright (Berbee) 10 Nov 2004

From the page: http://www.oscommerc...ributions,1242/

Good luck.
Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions:  Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout,  Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

#38   garnalamal

garnalamal
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:46

Hi: i,m spanish girl and no very wel the english, sorry

im install you contrubutions, but i thinks what price can it for categorys not only for products.

there would be some form to make the discounts by categories? for exemple 2 figures the 5% for 3 Figures 7% ?

thank for to contributions, and help

regards

Maria /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#39   garysgal

garysgal
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 14:25

As noted in my signature, Price Break 1.11.2 worked great for me.

This one:
New bug-fix version: price-break-1.11.2 (correction) Tim Cartwright (Berbee) 10 Nov 2004

From the page: http://www.oscommerc...ributions,1242/

Good luck.

I posted this on another forum, but this appears to be the help thread for this contribution. I spent hours installing the Price Break Contribution and it appeared to be working fine, as far as "looks": http://familymemorie...;products_id=28

However, when I change the quantity and add to cart, it only adds 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., according to how many times I've tried! Then if I change the quantity while in the cart, I get this error:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/garysgal/public_html/cart/includes/application_top.php on line 355

Here's my line 355 in my application_top:
$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) + $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

What's going on here? Please help! Thank you!

#40   taifun89343

taifun89343
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:20

How the heck did you get Discountplus to work? /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

In the Admin panel there's 10 options for discounts, it only allows 1.
When I try to add a second discount option (at the same time as the first or later), I get an error that the product_ID already exsist.
I added the item to my cart and it went from a $1.38 to $48.89. /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='>_<' />

I tried 3 times with a fresh database and files. What I need is something like this -

$1.39 each
$8.00 for 6
$15.00 for 12

It doesn't matter where the customer makes the selection, product info page or shopping cart. I would just like to find a discount mod that works. I'm getting tired of hacking files for nothing. /mad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Hi,

I just thought I look in here again and saw your comment.
About Discountplus I can only say that it worked perfectly for my needs with the exception of not being capable to work with customer groups. (what I definetly need)
Even the options were discounted correctly.
For example product 1 costs 100. The option 1 costs 10 what makes 110. I setup the price breaks on a percentage base in the admin. When choosing 10 units the price goes done exactly the percentage. If it is 10% then the price per unit will be 99 (for the product including the option). It also works with additional options.
But as I mentioned before the possibility of defining groups is missing and therefore I need a different solution. SPPC and Price Breaks for SPPC looks good on a first sight, but I can't get the price break to work with the options too.