[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

• Please log in to reply
3364 replies to this topic

#1   kgt

kgt
  • Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:27 PM

This is the support thread for the Order Total contribution Discount Coupon Codes found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4269

#2   Rezolles_Net

Rezolles_Net
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

I haven't try this contribution..but it seem nice and simple.....do you have any screenshots?

#3   kgt

kgt
  • Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

View PostRezolles_Net, on Jun 7 2006, 12:12 PM, said:

I haven't try this contribution..but it seem nice and simple.....do you have any screenshots?

If you'd like screenshots, you may email me and I will email them to you.

#4   Rezolles_Net

Rezolles_Net
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:11 PM

I've try this but....i think...need a lot of change to be done...

anyway..good job dude

#5   apopular

apopular
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:13 PM

great contribuition!!!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

#6   TheExterminator

TheExterminator
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

Is not work 100%, when i made so the coupon can get 2 times, it not stop after 2 times.

#7   uncommonly good

uncommonly good
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:28 AM

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but this is the first time i've tried to install a contribution.  I am brand new to this.  I can get the files uploaded, but i'm not sure how to do this part

Run these statements via the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin.

Can you get me started??

Thanks,

Rob

#8   Rezolles_Net

Rezolles_Net
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:58 AM

go to cpanel...click at mysql database....then click your database........then..click at SQL menu...then PASTE...that's all

#9   apopular

apopular
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

I made the translation for the Portuguese and sent link of the archive for download for its email.  http://www.apopular.com.br/portugues.zip    
When it will have update you informs to me?

Tanks
:D  :D  :D  :D

#10   uncommonly good

uncommonly good
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:38 PM

View PostRezolles_Net, on Jun 8 2006, 12:58 AM, said:

go to cpanel...click at mysql database....then click your database........then..click at SQL menu...then PASTE...that's all

Thanks for the help.  It works great.  Great contribution!!!

#11   kgt

kgt
  • Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:41 PM

View Postapopular, on Jun 8 2006, 08:21 AM, said:

I made the translation for the Portuguese and sent link of the archive for download for its email.  http://www.apopular.com.br/portugues.zip    
When it will have update you informs to me?

I just sent you an email.  There are a few more files to translate, since there are entries in the main language file, and there is a language file for the order_total module.

#12   kgt

kgt
  • Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

View PostTheExterminator, on Jun 7 2006, 04:53 PM, said:

Is not work 100%, when i made so the coupon can get 2 times, it not stop after 2 times.

Did you download the latest?  There was a bugfix for that problem.

#13   Libido

Libido
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

I've just installed this coupon contribution and it's calling this error, when I go to>Products>Discount Coupon (to create the coupon/set parameters):

Discount Coupons  
1146 - Table 'libidolondon_com_-_store.discount_coupons' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from discount_coupons cd

[TEP STOP]

Coupon Code: Discount: Start: End: Max Use: Min Order:

Any idea how to fix this? I did a search and was unable to find this tring.

Thanks very much
Kelly

#14   devospice

devospice
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:33 AM

I just installed this module over a fresh installation of OSCommerce and it's not applying the discount.

As far as I can tell everything else is working.  The tables are in the database.  I can create new coupons in the admin section.  And when I go to check out if I put in a coupon code that doesn't exist I get the error that I've put in an invalid coupon.  But when I put in the real coupon code it just goes to the checkout screen with the full price.

Any ideas?

->Later.....Spice

#15   tschreier

tschreier
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:57 AM

Super contribution !! and very well documented !!

I just have a minor problem on the checkout page after I put the coupon code in and move to the next page the coupon is not visible, just after I click on the country flag it appears complete and that in any language.

And in the admin part I can't add new coupon discounts in the menu over sql it works !!

Do you have any idea why.....
Thank you
Thomas

#16   simaster99

simaster99
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:02 AM

Hi nice contrib, but i have a small problem.

The instal has been sucessfull, apart from at checkout_confrimation.php has not updated the the total price and not on any page after.

How can i fix this problem???

However the file, includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php has and works fine and the admin side is working well too.

Many thanks

#17   Cubez

Cubez
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:42 PM

First of all, thank you for this great contribution. It is exactly what I needed. :)

I have run into a little problem though. And I haven't been able to find the problem myself. I hope you can help me. It's the same problem some other people here seem to have.

If I use a coupon code on the "checkout_payment.php" page and I go to "checkout_confirmation.php" page, the  discount isn't shown. I first have to refresh the page for it to be visible. The same happens when I go back to the "checkout_payment.php" page and remove the coupon code. I have to refresh the confirmation page for the discount to be removed.

The discount is calculated, even if it isn't showing. Because when I confirm the order without refreshing the page, the discount is used on the final order. As far as I can figure out it has something to do with the $this->info['coupon'] being empty in de order class. But I can't seem to fix it. :)

In your common_problems.txt you talked about something like this. But the discount coupon has a unique sort order in order total.

Can you help me(us) with this problem?  :blush:

#18   kgt

kgt
  • Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

View Postdevospice, on Jun 8 2006, 09:33 PM, said:

As far as I can tell everything else is working.  The tables are in the database.  I can create new coupons in the admin section.  And when I go to check out if I put in a coupon code that doesn't exist I get the error that I've put in an invalid coupon.  But when I put in the real coupon code it just goes to the checkout screen with the full price.

See the common problems file.  Make sure you have a unique sort order for the module.

#19   Cubez

Cubez
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

View PostCubez, on Jun 9 2006, 02:42 PM, said:

In your common_problems.txt you talked about something like this. But the discount coupon has a unique sort order in order total.

I have a unique sort order for the module. :)

#20   kgt

kgt
  • Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:40 PM

View PostCubez, on Jun 9 2006, 08:42 AM, said:

First of all, thank you for this great contribution. It is exactly what I needed. :)

I have run into a little problem though. And I haven't been able to find the problem myself. I hope you can help me. It's the same problem some other people here seem to have.

If I use a coupon code on the "checkout_payment.php" page and I go to "checkout_confirmation.php" page, the  discount isn't shown. I first have to refresh the page for it to be visible. The same happens when I go back to the "checkout_payment.php" page and remove the coupon code. I have to refresh the confirmation page for the discount to be removed.

The discount is calculated, even if it isn't showing. Because when I confirm the order without refreshing the page, the discount is used on the final order. As far as I can figure out it has something to do with the $this->info['coupon'] being empty in de order class. But I can't seem to fix it. :)

Can you help me(us) with this problem?  :blush:

Try adding this code:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');
  if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon'])) {
	$coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);
  }

BEFORE these lines:
require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
  $order = new order;