• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Authorize Net AIM module

Vger

I have just uploaded a slightly modified file set. The Install instructions have been updated with the information gained in this thread, also the Test url has been reset to 'secure' but advice is also given in the Install instructions that if this does not work then it can be changed to 'certification'. I have also (in line with Erik's advice) changed references to Discovery to Discover Card.

I tested the javascript changes recommended but as they did not work as well as the original I have left that code as it is.

Vger

Your are da bomb my friend. Thanks for your contrib.

a few question after I've try the contribution in the past week

I'm getting some mismatch amount if the product in tax zone, my store located in Iowa so if person order from Iowa he's getting Iowa tax class but I'm getting a different of around $1 from the amount in oscommerce to a.net receipt in a.net is lower.

the second thing is in admin >> order.php

a.net aim save the full name and credit card and the expiration date םמ the website that a good thing for quick info. but even my site is secure in SSL i prefer not to keep the cc numbers online in the website - is there any option to show the only 4 digit the cc will be like this " john smith Master Card **** **** **** 7216 exp. 0307" instead of show everything

another issue

in the receipt email from a.net the order number doesn't show the order #, it's always shows invoice: 1 instead of the real order #.

also the additional information is blank doesn't appear the tax or any info. from the osc.

the last thing is when customer make purchase and get error the description of the error appear only in the URL line but not in the page.

thanks a lot for this contrib. and for the answers and the support.

There is a rounding up function in osCommerce. It is not directly related to this module - but you can search for posts on it on the forum if you like.

Maybe (when I get the time) I will look at doing what the normal Credit Card module does and splitting the credit card number - but I don't have the time at the moment (sorry).

The copy of the customers order contains all of the information you need, so I don't consider the "Additional Information" as being a critical issue.

I'll take a look at the error issue. It's probably the use of a GET instead of a POST function.

Vger

There is a rounding up function in osCommerce. It is not directly related to this module - but you can search for posts on it on the forum if you like.

Maybe (when I get the time) I will look at doing what the normal Credit Card module does and splitting the credit card number - but I don't have the time at the moment (sorry).

The copy of the customers order contains all of the information you need, so I don't consider the "Additional Information" as being a critical issue.

I'll take a look at the error issue. It's probably the use of a GET instead of a POST function.

Vger

Thanks man I'll search over the forum to solve the problem and I'll post the solution if I'll find something

i agree that the issue involving "invoice: 1" instead of "actual" order # would be great to have for reference...

i would also like to not ever even see the customers credit card numbers.. there is really no reason for me to store anything other than their shipping info...

is there any reason that i should not be using this code? i am currently using it and it seems to work fine for me in all browsers...

<a style="cursor: pointer; cursor: hand;" onClick="window.open(\'cvv_help.php\',\'jav\',\'width=500,height=550,resizable=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,status=no\')"><u>Click for info on CVV</u></a>

thanks again

With regard to the code you also have to get rid of the line above it, or else comment it out elsewhere - or you end with with two 'Click For Info' links on the page. I just didn't have the time to check it out any further.

If you want to post the complete changes then I'll look at incorporating it, but 'cursor: hand' is deprecated and wouldn't be used.

Vger

Edited by Vger

includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php

change line 26

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_CVV', 'CVV Number <a href="javascript:newwindow()"><u>More Info</u></a>');

to:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_CVV', 'CVV Number:');

and the only reason that i had put "cursor: pointer; cursor: hand;" is because is only for browser compatibility... some browsers want to see "pointer" and some want to see "hand" as the cursor style... you could remove both and it will still work, but you will get an "I-bar" cursor instead of making it look like a link....

the reason i would suggest this is to eliminate the need to make any edits to the checkout_payment.php for ease of installation, and as well as put the link on the right side of the CCV entry box which i think is a better location...

for multiple language setups you of course would have to set up a variable in place of "Click for info on CVV"

"(TESTMODE) This transaction cannot be accepted. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Is this a normal error? Will it go away once I cut over to the Live system?

I updated my Transaction Key and this error went away.

"(TESTMODE) This transaction cannot be accepted. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Is this a normal error? Will it go away once I cut over to the Live system?

I have set up this contrib... The newest version listed on the contrib page.

I've tested it, and have installed it on our production web sites.

People who have the same billing and shipping address go through with no problem.

People who have different shipping addresses from billing addresses don't go through because an "AVS Mismatch" error.

I goto authorize.net, and sure enough their billing address does not show up, it puts the shipping address for both billing and shipping...

Why is this?

Thanks.

For a card to validate via the checks performed on it the address given must match the address on the credit card statement. This is entirely separate from the ability in osCommerce to have separate billing and shipping addresses.

You can elect, in your Authorize Net account, to allow transactions where the address and zip code provided do not match those of the card holder.

Vger

You need to have an account with Authorize Net. The Authorize Net module that comes with the osCommerce install uses their SIM (Simple Integration Method) system. This module uses their AIM (Advanced Integration Module), and it requires that you have ssl on your site and cURL installed into PHP.

Vger

For a card to validate via the checks performed on it the address given must match the address on the credit card statement. This is entirely separate from the ability in osCommerce to have separate billing and shipping addresses.

You can elect, in your Authorize Net account, to allow transactions where the address and zip code provided do not match those of the card holder.

Vger

Just to restate the issue, the customers shipping address is being sent to a.net instead of their billing address.

Let me fill you in on why I said this. I had two customers call (the same day I started using a.net) and claimed they were entering in different billing and shipping addresses when checking out on our site, but when I go to a.net it shows their shipping address as both shipping and billing address.

So this morning I tested this. I ran a print_r($submit_data) when doing a test order, printed out all information correct when using different shipping and billing addresses. I disabled test mode, submitted live information using different shipping/billing address, and worked perfect.

Now I'm assuming the customers were lying.

Thank you for the contrib.

Edited by drweird13

It's standard practice for ecommerce website owners to insist that the first order by a new customer is shipped to their Cardholder Statement address, and only second and subsequent orders can be shipped to a separate (shipping) address.

Vger

Does it create a liablity for you to allow someone to ship to an address other than their billing address? Is this not how credit card thieves do it?

how come you code doesn't need the curl? Akso, there is not an option to choose credit card type. Why is that?

I tried installing your contrib, but when i try to pass throught the shipping process, it just reflesh. Nothing happens.