AJAX Attribute Manager support

• Please log in to reply
1280 replies to this topic

#41   nothgiel

nothgiel
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:48 PM

First I want to say I use this contribution and I love it...but I have another question...I had some attribute sort order issues in my catalog and I was able to get the sort order contrib which solved that problem.  However, when I choose one attribute of a product in the catalog, I want it to automatically pull up sub-options for that attribute with sub-attributes, if that makes any sense.  I don't want those sub-options to load until the customer chooses that specific attribute.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks so much!

Leighton

#42   Nimmit

Nimmit
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

View Postnothgiel, on Mar 2 2006, 07:48 PM, said:

However, when I choose one attribute of a product in the catalog, I want it to automatically pull up sub-options for that attribute with sub-attributes, if that makes any sense.  I don't want those sub-options to load until the customer chooses that specific attribute.  Is there a way to do that?

Yes of course there is a way, ( i don't know why you would want to) but that has nothing todo with this contribution.

do you know if it is compatible with Attribute Sets Plus http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3610/

No it wont be. However, it does have attribute templates (sets) of its own comming in the next release.

[img]http://www.nimmit.co.uk/template.gif[/img]

Sam
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad :D

#43   ugh

ugh
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:28 PM

View PostNimmit, on Feb 27 2006, 11:02 PM, said:

I havent changed anything todo with the icons. Just to be sure i installed a fresh copy of MS2 on my server and installed version 1.5 - it works perfectly.

Try deleting the entire attributeMangager Directory and then upload the entire v1.5 attributeMangager directory.

your direcory structre should look like /admin/attributeManager/

Sam

I did that but it still doesn't show the icons - weird.  :huh:

#44   Nossum

Nossum
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:38 PM

View PostNimmit, on Mar 2 2006, 09:36 PM, said:

No it wont be. However, it does have attribute templates (sets) of its own comming in the next release.
[img]http://www.nimmit.co.uk/template.gif[/img]

Sam

Nimmit

Thank you & I wish you every success with this.  The existing method taxes your patience to say the least

I use Product Attrib Sort 1.2

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1822/category,all/search,Product+Attrib+Sort+v1.2)

because like a lot of others I need the attributes to come in a certain order

Is my understanding correct that your contribution will enable you to define the order of the attributes?

You mention a new release - is it worth delaying installation or will it still "sit over the top of the existing"?

Are you aware of any issues with Easypopulate?

Thank you again

Nossum

#45   SmartProdukter.no

SmartProdukter.no
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

When will next version come out?  :D

#46   Nimmit

Nimmit
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

View PostSmartProdukter.no, on Mar 3 2006, 08:25 PM, said:

When will next version come out?  :D

A.S.A.P, probably the begining of next week - I am just doing the sort order then it is done.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad :D

#47   tzar

tzar
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:52 AM

I have installed the contribution and I have a problem, whenever i go to add my attributes the option values listed on page two of the product attributes page do not show in AJAX Attributes Manager.  Am I doing something wrong?  Anyone experience this problem?  <_<

#48   SmartProdukter.no

SmartProdukter.no
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:54 AM

Will the next version be multi languages?, i have make more field like attributes cost, weight. I see on a site somebody make so the price be auto update when add attributes to the products and then say they use AJAX code, do somebody now where to find this auto price update? :-"

#49   Nimmit

Nimmit
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:15 AM

View PostSmartProdukter.no, on Mar 4 2006, 07:54 AM, said:

Will the next version be multi languages?, i have make more field like attributes cost, weight. I see on a site somebody make so the price be auto update when add attributes to the products and then say they use AJAX code, do somebody now where to find this auto price update? :-"

Will the next version be multi languages? Yes

[img]http://nimmit.co.uk/lang.gif[/img]

Sorry i don't understand the rest of your question

#50   tzar

tzar
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:21 AM

Hey no fair you answered his question before mine...My attribute options on page 2 are not being loaded by Attribue Manager

#51   SmartProdukter.no

SmartProdukter.no
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 08:42 AM

View PostSmartProdukter.no, on Mar 4 2006, 08:54 AM, said:

I mean like this site demo, how to make this autoprice update at attributes? http://www.watersport.mine.nu/product_info.php?products_id=1

#52   Nimmit

Nimmit
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:30 AM

View Posttzar, on Mar 4 2006, 08:21 AM, said:

Hey no fair you answered his question before mine...My attribute options on page 2 are not being loaded by Attribue Manager

No fair? I didn't answer your question because i didn't understand what you were saying. Page 2? I'm sorry i don't know what you mean "page two of the product attributes page ". This contribution is part of the product addition page and  has nothing to do with the existing attribute manager.

View PostSmartProdukter.no, on Mar 4 2006, 08:42 AM, said:

I mean like this site demo, how to make this autoprice update at attributes? http://www.watersport.mine.nu/product_info.php?products_id=1

That has nothing to do with this contribution. This is a contribution support thread. Start a new one and im sure someone will answer you question.

#53   tzar

tzar
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:40 PM

I have added some screen shots to make what i am talking about understandable.  I have entered my attributes and their values.  I have a total of 4 Product Options and 13 Values.  My product option values carry over to page 2.  When i go to add a new product the attribute values on page2 are not being read by AJAX Attributes Manager.  I hope the screen shot will help[img]http://tatinowaks.com/attributes.gif[/img]

Edited by tzar, 04 March 2006 - 05:42 PM.

#54   Nimmit

Nimmit
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:11 AM

Tzar,
Thanks that has made it much clearer. A few questions...

What version of osc are you using?

Do you have any contributions installed that add any functionality to the attributes?

Have you changed the products_attributes.php page at all?

Is it just a few of your options that don't display the option values or is it all of them? for instance, if you select quantity does it have the correct quantity option values in the drop down box?

How many of the 3 languages you have installed do you actually use? On some do you leave them blank?

Edited by Nimmit, 05 March 2006 - 02:12 AM.

#55   tzar

tzar
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:38 AM

View PostNimmit, on Mar 4 2006, 09:11 PM, said:

What version of osc are you using?
I am using OSC 2.2ms2-051113

Do you have any contributions installed that add any functionality to the attributes?
No presently i have Credit Class Gift Voucher 1.51a installed

Have you changed the products_attributes.php page at all?
No I have not changed the products_attributes.php file

Is it just a few of your options that don't display the option values or is it all of them? for instance, if you select quantity does it have the correct quantity option values in the drop down box?
Only a few of my options do not display option values. I am missing option values for Bindery and B C Slits that are listed on page two The ID for those options go from 11-17.
If you look back at the screenshot Ajax Attribute Manager will properly display they attributes and options listed on page one.  It is the values listed on page 2 that do not show up.  I have circled the page number in red.  

How many of the 3 languages you have installed do you actually use? On some do you leave them blank?
I would assume I have the three default languages installed, I only filled out the english fields.

#56   Nimmit

Nimmit
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:22 AM

View Posttzar, on Mar 5 2006, 05:38 AM, said:

I would assume I have the three default languages installed, I only filled out the english fields.

I think this is your problem. In the last release there was no way do decide which option language would display, it would just use the default. Try filling them all in on one of the ones that is not showing up, i'm pretty sure it will display. If you arn't using the other languages you should remove them (admin-> Localization->Languages).

#57   chameleon

chameleon
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

View Postcamley88, on Feb 26 2006, 03:44 PM, said:

I downloaded this the other day but now it is gone.  What happened to it?

Anyway, I have installed this and it works great.  The problem is my HTMLAREA doesn't appear anymore.  If I remove my AJAX A.M. HTMLAREA works fine.  

Anyone know what the issue is?

I am using Internet Explorer as I know HTMLAREA doesn't work on Firefox.

Thanks
I have same Problem only other side around.
I installed AJAX Attribute Manager 1.5 beta first and all works fine.
Than i installed HTMLAREA and now the atribut menage is nut shown up.

Dose any body knows why?  is there any problems between the two javascrips ??
Need help, because HTMLAREA is usefull but i miss the great attributs now :-(

#58   chameleon

chameleon
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

I solved the problem with HTMLAREA
The body tag must look like this
<body onload="HTMLArea.replaceAll(); goonload();">
Than both HTMLAREA and AJAX Attribute Manager should work together.

#59   prowling

prowling
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:23 PM

Hi!First of all thnx for making this contrib. When i try to install this contrib however, i get an error while executing the sql query as stated in the install.htm. I copy pasted the following query:

INSERT INTO `admin_files` VALUES ('', 'attributeManager.php', 0, 3, '1');

And this is what the program returned:

SQL-query:

INSERT INTO `admin_files`
VALUES (

'', 'attributeManager.php', 0, 3, '1'
);

MySQL retourneerde:  

#1146 - Table 'oscom.admin_files' doesn't exist

Does anyone know what i did wrong? I'm a bit of a newb, so i think that is the cause of my probz ;)

#60   chameleon

chameleon
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

you only need to execute that sql querry when you have installed the "Admin Access" contribution !
its not needed for standart instalation of AJAX Attribute Manager