Information Pages Unlimited v1.0

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#21   Iwant2Lrn

Iwant2Lrn
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:44

Did any one install this manually. There are some lines that I think I added for Column Controller w Admin v2.2_for_2.2ms2 that I am not sure if I want to change back. I have used about 10-15 contrbutions so a lot of my files have some modification. Has anyone seen any issues lately?

Anyone using this contri with osCommerce 2.2-MS2. I really need help knowing what to take out and what to leave in!

#22   chooch

chooch
  • Members
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 18:45

Did any one install this manually. There are some lines that I think I added for Column Controller w Admin v2.2_for_2.2ms2 that I am not sure if I want to change back. I have used about 10-15 contrbutions so a lot of my files have some modification. Has anyone seen any issues lately?

i could not get the image uploader to work

other than that i can't recall the update not working
Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

#23   Iwant2Lrn

Iwant2Lrn
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 22:32

Did you install it on a clean install?

#24   Iwant2Lrn

Iwant2Lrn
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:06

Can you tell me if you installed it on a clean OSC install or modified? The file has a project revision name as OSC2.2 MS1. I am using MS2. If I install this over it will it mess something else up?

#25   Iwant2Lrn

Iwant2Lrn
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:41

Did you install it on a clean install?

Ok! I got it working. Instructions not too clear for a newbie. Could use some improving. Also, for any new people, if you modified your files manually, you do not want to copy and paste those perticular files from the folder as this will write over your files!!!

Edited by Iwant2Lrn, 11 January 2006 - 03:43.

#26   azer

azer
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:28

i tried long time ago ths contrig in 1.1g version, let me tell you the pbe i had and if you can answer me :

1. losing cart when reading a news
2. losing cart when changing the language
3. multilanguage wasn't working as easy as when adding a product , meaing u got a field for each language installed in osc
4. no WUSIWYG editor incorporated
5. THE WORST : all the file use the same naming pattern than the information.php included in osc, that mean, u replace the old one with this one , no way to test, or activate and then desactivate if you want the contrib .

any infos on the new version if someone tested ?
MS2

#27   Iwant2Lrn

Iwant2Lrn
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:55

Congratulations.

This is a very useful contribution. I somewhat extended it to also support an accompaning image, which may be changed or deleted in an edit procedure. Furthermore, I added an extra component, which (in such a case) is essential, e.g. a WYSIGW editor.

Thanks!!!

It would great if someone could add in the capability to create unlimited infoboxes. I thought cont had this but it's still very useful for me.

#28   azer

azer
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:36

for the problem of losing the cart, they add the same with another contribution u can read here :
http://forums.oscomm...31

i post a copy of their code if it give us any idea

Think I've cracked the problem. Seems to be in line 76 where the link is created.
$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link($link) . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';

I updated link 76 to:
$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAGES, 'pages_id=' .$page['pages_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';

MS2

#29   itelectr

itelectr
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:16

Ok I got it working. able to create a test but when you click on the link nothing happens get error ' The page cannot be found' anyway please advise

www.itelectrical.com/catalog

Edited by itelectr, 15 January 2006 - 04:17.

#30   mrgtec

mrgtec
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:51

Hi,

The button_new.gif image is not coming up, I havent installed this hack yet, but I am going to in the next hr or so.

Please fix image error.

Thank you,
Michael
Michael

#31   mrgtec

mrgtec
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:58

Also, theres a typo in the readme.

For this line of the file your suppost be adding the databases doesnt exist, its database_tables.

4f) Add to includes/databases.php

4f) Add to includes/database_tables.php (I think).

Thank you,
Michael
Michael

#32   itelectr

itelectr
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:24

OK just from my last reply, i now have this contribution working. I must of forgot to copy the includes/filename.php across

I will be posting a page so if anyone wants to see a demo please go to www.itelectrical.com.au

#33   holaic

holaic
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:03

Hi, I updated the Information Pages Unlimited to v1.2, but there is a problem, I don't know what's happened.

Please have a look the site: http://www.holaic.ch...php?language=en

In this page we can see there is 5 directories in "infomation", but there is only two on the left column...

Thanks in advance. /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

#34   nigecon

nigecon
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:19

You need to make sure you have set the page in admin to live ( click the Green button) for it to show in the catalog
c:/Dos
c:/Dos/Run
Run/Dos/Run

#35   holaic

holaic
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 20:29

You need to make sure you have set the page in admin to live ( click the Green button) for it to show in the catalog

Hi nigecon, I am sure that I set the page in admin to live.
The problem is I can see the created pages (with Information Pages Unlimited v1.2) on the left column but I lost the other pages like: Shipping & Returns; Privacy Notice; Sales conditions...

I really don't know what's happened. /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

#36   Roaddoctor

Roaddoctor
  • Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 23:02

3 Questions on information pages unlimited 1.2:

1. Does this program add a box or replace the existing information box? if so do I lose the content?

2. Is this program compatible with zz_faq ?

3. Regarding /includes/boxes/information.php

my information.php file is already modified and this program wants to overwrite.

here is what the IPU file has:

<?php
  $info_box_contents = array();
  $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

// Retrieve information from Info table
  $informationString = "";

$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT information_id, info_title FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' and languages_id ='" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY v_order");
  while($information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query)) {
	  $informationString .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $information['information_id']) . '">' . $information['info_title'] . '</a><br>';
  }

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' =>  $informationString .
										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>

Here is what I have existing:

<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
										 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
										 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
										 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.
										 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_FAQ . '</a><br>' );

?>

Is this the proper merge so that I retain my existing pages? or do I just use the IPU file without a merge?

<?php

// Retrieve information from Info table
  $informationString = "";

$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT information_id, info_title FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' and languages_id ='" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY v_order");
  while($information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query)) {
	  $informationString .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $information['information_id']) . '">' . $information['info_title'] . '</a><br>';
  }

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' =>  $informationString .
										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.
										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_FAQ . '</a><br>' );

//										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

?>

Thank you in advance
-Dave

#37   nigecon

nigecon
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:15

The problem is I can see the created pages (with Information Pages Unlimited v1.2) on the left column but I lost the other pages like: Shipping & Returns; Privacy Notice; Sales conditions...

Hi

Yes it changes the code in /includes/boxes/information.php page and replaces it with Info pages link and a contact us link

You can add your old Links back into the code on /includes/boxes/information.php if you want and or you may need to add back some for other contabs e.g. Voucher and coupons

Or the easyer way is just to re write the missing pages in the Info pages place so it will make edtied them easyer in future
Run/Dos/Run

#38   holaic

holaic
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:22

Hi

Yes it changes the code in /includes/boxes/information.php page and replaces it with Info pages link and a contact us link

You can add your old Links back into the code on /includes/boxes/information.php if you want and or you may need to add back some for other contabs e.g. Voucher and coupons

Or the easyer way is just to re write the missing pages in the Info pages place so it will make edtied them easyer in future

Hi nigecon,

It's OK now, thank you very much!!! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#39   nigecon

nigecon
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:08

HI

I have seen several requests within this thread regarding a HTML edtior

Has anyone got theirs to work with this mod yet ?

I am using WYSIWYG HTMLArea FOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS v1.7

It says that i can add it to other contabs with in the read me file of the edtior to gives the few lines of code that needs to be installed within the page

But its not so clear as to which page needs it so me question woul dbe if i was to add the edtior which page with in the info pages woul di nee dto added it to ?

Thanks

Nigel
Run/Dos/Run

#40   Bigredman74

Bigredman74
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 14:44

HI

I have seen several requests within this thread regarding a HTML edtior

Has anyone got theirs to work with this mod yet ?

I am using WYSIWYG HTMLArea FOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS v1.7

It says that i can add it to other contabs with in the read me file of the edtior to gives the few lines of code that needs to be installed within the page

But its not so clear as to which page needs it so me question woul dbe if i was to add the edtior which page with in the info pages woul di nee dto added it to ?

Thanks

Nigel

I have been using the Spaw Editor, http://www.oscommerc...tributions,2963 ( http://www.solmetra..../en_spaw_about/ ), with no problems. The only problem is that it turns every text area field into an HTML editor. This can be fixed with some mods to the html_output.php file. Good luck.