• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A couple of instalation problems

rossshep

Hi I've just finished installing Oscommerce and have a couple of problems the install went well but the was a problem with configure.php files. After checking the Chmod settings were ok I followed a promt that said I should delete the configure files so no ones could be writen. Which I did and the install went ok till i got to the end and clicked on the button to go to the admin screen and instead of getting the admin screen i get:

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/6IZJBC4G/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/6IZJBC4G/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/6IZJBC4G/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 29

and no admin page. Can anyone shed any light on what might have gone wrong? I installed Oscommerce onto another web space a while ago and had no problems setting it up.

If I click the other button to go in to the store I get the warning a the top about changing file pemissions so I tried to change the permission using Smart FTP but got a message saying it was unable to change permission so I tried to change the permission from my web site control panel but again I got a warning massage saying it was unable to change pemission. I looked a prvious posts on with which sounded the same and the solution seemed to be to edit a file called header.php but I'm a bit unsure about which part to edit.

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling oscommerce back on to my webspace?

Any help would be apreciated.

Ross Sheppard

Hi I've just finished installing Oscommerce and have a couple of problems the install went well but the was a problem with configure.php files. After checking the Chmod settings were ok I followed a promt that said I should delete the configure files so no ones could be writen. Which I did and the install went ok till i got to the end and clicked on the button to go to the admin screen and instead of getting the admin screen i get:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/6IZJBC4G/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 29

and no admin page. Can anyone shed any light on what might have gone wrong? I installed Oscommerce onto another web space a while ago and had no problems setting it up.

If I click the other button to go in to the store I get the warning a the top about changing file pemissions so I tried to change the permission using Smart FTP but got a message saying it was unable to change permission so I tried to change the permission from my web site control panel but again I got a warning massage saying it was unable to change pemission. I looked a prvious posts on with which sounded the same and the solution seemed to be to edit a file called header.php but I'm a bit unsure about which part to edit.

Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling oscommerce back on to my webspace?

Any help would be apreciated.

Ross Sheppard

All sorted now just re installed the whole thing and it works fine.

Ross

Archived